PDA

View Full Version : Extra 30 mins added to Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD

Freya
07-03-2013, 10:20 PM

According to a Jump article there will be 30 minutes extra added on to Final Fantasy X in the HD remaster by series writer himself Kazushige Nojima. This will be added in to the end of X with a new cast of characters and voice actors. So far this is the most information we have but it's rumored that in the next Famitsu there'll be more details!

Final Fantasy X|X-2 remaster is due out later this year for the Playstation 3 and the Vita. If you missed the E3 trailer (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/150518-final-fantasy-x-x-2-remaster-e3-trailer-e32013.html) don't forget to check it out as well!

What do you think they're adding?

Aulayna
07-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Here's all the kinky time the citizens of Spira got up too in between X and X-2 which explains why Spira is far more liberal in X-2. Hubba hubba!

FFfreak1
07-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Would be cool if was a preview of a FFX-3. The cast members could Tidus and Yunas child as the main character and Wakka and Lulus kid in the party aswell.

Jinx
07-04-2013, 01:17 AM
I dunno, since it's after FFX and not FFX-2! Especially if it's an all new cast!

Maybe the aeons are having a party after being freed or something?

Rebellious Eagle
07-04-2013, 01:22 AM
Maybe it shows how Yuna moves on after Tidus and becomes involved with the Gullwings?

Jinx
07-04-2013, 01:25 AM
I was thinking maybe it shows how Rikku came to Yuna with the sphere of Shuyin, but that couldn't be right, as it'd be using existing actors. And not just one, but several.

Yar
07-04-2013, 02:39 AM
Adding nothing. Just decreasing the framerate like they did for the FFT remake. :bigsmile:

DMKA
07-04-2013, 04:25 AM
Maybe it shows how Yuna moves on after Tidus and becomes involved with the Gullwings?

The International Version already has the "Eternal Calm" Prologue that does that to some extent.

?SQUARESOFT? Eternal Calm - Final Fantasy X-2: Prologue [HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RumGH2h--7s)

Depending on what site you read, it's either at the end of FFX, FFX-2, or at the end of the entire compilation, after you finish both games.

It would be delightful, and hilarious, if it was an FFX-3 buildup. Oh man if SE did that I know everyone would be furious but I'd be so excited, even though there's not really anything else to tell in the story.

Dag nabit SE where the hell is the release date? You're still saying 2013, but it's friggin July! You're running out of time!

Pumpkin
07-04-2013, 04:27 AM
Yuna and Tidus sex scene.

Nah that wouldn't take 30 minutes.

Hambone
07-04-2013, 04:41 AM
Lol @ people suggesting FFX-3.

Rebellious Eagle
07-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Yuna and Tidus wedding then? x)

Hambone
07-04-2013, 06:36 AM
The sources I've read concerning this have all been pretty vague; they say the scene happens after the "game's ending credits" or whatever, but which game specifically? Because this is kind of important. If it's after X then it could be some sort of bridge between the two like Eternal Calm and if it's after X-2 then I would like to say it's something in the fashion of maybe an epilogue to the story as a whole, seeing as how the Perfect ending of X-2 was so shitty, especially when one considers how hard it was to get 100% completion.

If it were along the lines of a prologue or exposition on the events prior, such as Braska's pilgrimage or the Machina War (I would prefer the latter, actually), that'd be awesome but I think it's pretty unlikely.

And wait, I just had a thought: it's 30 minutes of NEW content? Does that mean we'll see the FFX world in PS3 graphics?! :eek:

Skyblade
07-04-2013, 07:21 AM
The sources I've read concerning this have all been pretty vague; they say the scene happens after the "game's ending credits" or whatever, but which game specifically? Because this is kind of important. If it's after X then it could be some sort of bridge between the two like Eternal Calm and if it's after X-2 then I would like to say it's something in the fashion of maybe an epilogue to the story as a whole, seeing as how the Perfect ending of X-2 was so troutty, especially when one considers how hard it was to get 100% completion.

If it were along the lines of a prologue or exposition on the events prior, such as Braska's pilgrimage or the Machina War (I would prefer the latter, actually), that'd be awesome but I think it's pretty unlikely.

And wait, I just had a thought: it's 30 minutes of NEW content? Does that mean we'll see the FFX world in PS3 graphics?! :eek:

Um, FFX in PS3 graphics was kind of the whole point of this exercise...

Also, if it's after X-2, then it's going to be something linking X-2 and VII's worlds. Which is going to be horrible.

Freya
07-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Now that I think about it I bet they will put it behind X-2 that way people will play through it haha.

Hambone
07-04-2013, 08:49 AM
The sources I've read concerning this have all been pretty vague; they say the scene happens after the "game's ending credits" or whatever, but which game specifically? Because this is kind of important. If it's after X then it could be some sort of bridge between the two like Eternal Calm and if it's after X-2 then I would like to say it's something in the fashion of maybe an epilogue to the story as a whole, seeing as how the Perfect ending of X-2 was so troutty, especially when one considers how hard it was to get 100% completion.

Um, FFX in PS3 graphics was kind of the whole point of this exercise...

Also, if it's after X-2, then it's going to be something linking X-2 and VII's worlds. Which is going to be horrible.

I meant along the lines of FFXIII's graphics, not just a simple HD touch-up. Even aside from that, I still think that from the screenshots I've seen, the remaster resembles later PS2 quality (FFXII) at best and not any sort of dramatic change I know a lot of people were mistakenly hoping for.

Also if it turns out that it's new content, they'd be making it from scratch, which means it wouldn't be just an HD upscale, so I would expect it maybe to resemble FFXIII's graphics, which was the point I was trying to make in my earlier post.

As for it consisting of a link between the worlds of X and VII, I think that's pretty unlikely. I can't imagine they'd put the whole 30 minutes into that minor connection, which was something that was only barely mentioned by Nojima (? or was it Kitase?) at the time. From what I've gathered of his statement, it didn't seem like he was all that interested in exploring or developing the VII-X connection much further than that.

Karifean
07-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Maybe they simply put all the cutscenes from Last Mission together, removing the gameplay aspect from it.

Last Mission was about as good a sequel to FFX-2 as you could get. I mean, in X-2 the player's choices really matter and there's no real canon. In Last Mission, depending on the choices the player made during X-2, the cutscenes alter. If you don't get the good ending, Yuna won't talk about being together with Tidus.

What I'd really like to see is a cutscene between X and X-2 that establishes the Coliseum. It's an awesome gameplay feature but - like most International additions in FF - makes no sense story-wise.

Karifean
07-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Gets Cross Saves Between PS3/PS Vita, 30 Minute Episode Officially Confirmed - PlayStation LifeStyle (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/04/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-gets-cross-saves-between-ps3ps-vita-30-minute-episode-officially-confirmed/)

It's apparently an audio drama and so far, James Arnold Taylor is a narrator, talking about events from both X and X-2.

Cross saves are also confirmed.

Jinx
07-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Hopefully this is about Yuna and Tidus' baby and how she's about to embark on a journey with little Vidina. Or how they're all grown up.

IT'S FINAL FANTASY TEN THREE Y'ALL

No seriously, I would not object to FFX-3.

Rantz
07-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Auron breakdance scene.

Karifean
07-04-2013, 07:23 PM
I just watched part of it on the stream: ffntv - Final Fantasy Network (finalfantasy.net) (http://www.twitch.tv/ffntv/b/425712070) (knowledge of the French language recommended)

And holy crap, they said Tidus' name. (starts a bit before the 20 min mark)

Jinx
07-04-2013, 07:32 PM
THEY SAID HIS NAME

HE HAS A NAME

DO WE KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT NOW

EDIT: Okay, listened to it. It seems unlikely but not impossible it's FFX-3, considering they said Tidus' name. I'd think they'd leave it blank like they did in FFX-2 if it was FFX-3.

But the Council? A new stadium?...

ARE YOU GUYS FINALLY GETTING YOUR BLITZBALL MANAGER GAME?

charliepanayi
07-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Is it going to be a section where Tidus is online reading people's opinions about him, and weeping as a result.

Freya
07-04-2013, 09:24 PM
They say his name in Kingdom hearts. They say Teedus. I WANT A BLITZBALL STANDALONE GAME> I love that minigame.

Hambone
07-04-2013, 11:26 PM
Cross-saves between Vita and PS3? Lame. I doubt that will apply to a lot of players; you'd have to own both a Vita and a PS3, and have the games for both systems. I'm hoping for some way to access your saves from the older PS2 versions, but I can't see how that would work or ever happen.

DMKA
07-05-2013, 06:44 PM
They say his name in Kingdom hearts. They say Teedus. I WANT A BLITZBALL STANDALONE GAME> I love that minigame.

In the beginning of Kingdom Hearts they call him "Tee-dus" but during the scene where she's walking with Kairi, Selphie in Kingdom Hearts II calls him "Tie-dus". Also, way back when the game first game out they had interviews with James Arnold Taylor where he called him "Tee-dus". So the people who dubbed these games really don't seem to be able to make up their minds. :p

Honestly though, I think it's safe to say his name is meant to be pronounced "Tie-dus" because he has the Sun sigil/crest and Yuna has the moon sigil/crest, and in Okinawan "Yuna" means "moon" and "Tida (tie-dah)" means "sun", which makes it pretty clear to me what the devs were going for.

Because of all this pointless information, I will always refer to him as "Tie-dus". :)

CimminyCricket
07-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Cross-saves between Vita and PS3? Lame. I doubt that will apply to a lot of players; you'd have to own both a Vita and a PS3, and have the games for both systems. I'm hoping for some way to access your saves from the older PS2 versions, but I can't see how that would work or ever happen.

I haven't tried this yet, because I'm lazy as sin, but I have the little memory card adapter that was produced for the PS3 system to let you take save data over to the PS3. I know you can put PS1 data on all the PS3's, but I'm not sure if (since I don't have the PS2 backwards compatibility) my PS2 saves can get copied onto my PS3. From there It wouldn't be too ignorant of me to assume I can then copy them to my Vita. One day I'll experiment and let you know :c)

DMKA
07-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Cross-saves between Vita and PS3? Lame. I doubt that will apply to a lot of players; you'd have to own both a Vita and a PS3, and have the games for both systems.

Typically games with the cross save function don't require you to purchase both copies; you just have one and then you can download the other system's copy for free. I purchased Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for my PS3, for example, and it allows me to login with my PSN on a Vita and download the game to the Vita for no charge.

I think it's more than safe to say they'll do the same thing with these games. If they don't however, you're absolutely correct that it's ridiculous and SE has unrealistic expectations.

FFfreak1
07-05-2013, 07:07 PM

In the beginning of Kingdom Hearts they call him "Tee-dus" but during the scene where she's walking with Kairi, Selphie in Kingdom Hearts II calls him "Tie-dus". Also, way back when the game first game out they had interviews with James Arnold Taylor where he called him "Tee-dus". So the people who dubbed these games really don't seem to be able to make up their minds. :p

Honestly though, I think it's safe to say his name is meant to be pronounced "Tie-dus" because he has the Sun sigil/crest and Yuna has the moon sigil/crest, and in Okinawan "Yuna" means "moon" and "Tida (tie-dah)" means "sun", which makes it pretty clear to me what the devs were going for.

Because of all this pointless information, I will always refer to him as "Tie-dus". :)

Don't they also pronounce his name as "Teedus" in Dissidia?

Jinx
07-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Cross-saves between Vita and PS3? Lame. I doubt that will apply to a lot of players; you'd have to own both a Vita and a PS3, and have the games for both systems.

Typically games with the cross save function don't require you to purchase both copies; you just have one and then you can download the other system's copy for free. I purchased Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for my PS3, for example, and it allows me to login with my PSN on a Vita and download the game to the Vita for no charge.

I think it's more than safe to say they'll do the same thing with these games. If they don't however, you're absolutely correct that it's ridiculous and SE has unrealistic expectations.

If the devs meant for it to be "Tie-dus", why wouldn't he be "Tie-dus" in the new clip that was recorded? ;)

Karifean
07-05-2013, 09:32 PM
As far as I know, the one time with Selphie in Kingdom Hearts II is the only time his name was pronounced "Tie-dus" instead of "Tee-dus". Also, the i in Tida is pronounced "ee".

I think it's safe to say he is pronounced "Tee-dus".

Nebulance
07-05-2013, 10:16 PM
I have never heard anyone pronounce it Teedus in the 10 odd years or so this game has been in existence… this is news to me.

DMKA
07-05-2013, 10:21 PM

If the devs meant for it to be "Tie-dus", why wouldn't he be "Tie-dus" in the new clip that was recorded? ;)
The same reason the very same devs made Selphie call him "Tie-dus" in Kingdom Hearts II? :D As I stated above, the people who dubbed these games can't seem to make up their minds on the phonetics.

I think it's just another situation like "Aeris" vs "Aerith"; a minute difference lost in translation.

That being said, even if SE came out tomorrow and said "It's officially pronounced Tee-dus!" I'd still call him "Tie-dus" because I always have, and the original game didn't tell us either way.

CimminyCricket
07-05-2013, 11:39 PM
I've heard the name pronounced before, though unrelated to FF. It was pronounced Tee-dus. I always pronounced it Tie-dus, because I prefer it.

Pumpkin
07-06-2013, 03:59 AM
I've heard the name pronounced before, though unrelated to FF. It was pronounced Tee-dus. I always pronounced it Tie-dus, because I prefer it.

That

DMKA
07-06-2013, 04:35 AM
Huh. I watched part of the stream and yeah, it definitely sounds like it's leading up to something...either something added on at the end, or....FFX-3!!! :love:

Does anyone know who that woman talking is?

Mercen-X
07-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Even if it were Latin, traditionally the "i" should be pronounced "ee".