PDA

View Full Version : Da Dentist

Araciel
07-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Do you hate it .. a friend of mine has to be gassed to sleep otherwise he just can't stand it, even for a check up.

I had a ton of cavities as a kid and never minded goin' cause in the end I knew it was for my own good, and at a certain point I finally learned to brush my damn teeth.

Anyway finally have a job with full benefits so I go as often as I'm told and may need to find a new one cause mine may retire soon..

noxious.sunshine
07-05-2013, 12:58 AM
I never had a problem with the dentist until the time I went to a new person before I moved to Phoenix for a teeth cleaning. The office smelled like a vet, the dentist was gross - he looked like a mini grizzly Adams and wore overalls and a plaid shirt and the hygientist that cleaned my teeth practically insulted me the entire time and then told me I had a cavity coming in. I was 20 ans had never had a cavity in my life. I nearly punched her.

When I came back, I went for a check upand cleaning and they said iI had like 7 cavities. I still have to get them filled. I'm not afraid to go to the dentist, I'm just afraid of what all is wrong in my mouth. I still have all 4 wisdom teeth and my permanent retainer popped out recently.

Shauna
07-05-2013, 12:59 AM
My Dad isn't a dentist.

noxious.sunshine
07-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Huh? Your dad looks like Grizzly Adams? Mine does too. Haha. It was his nickname when I was little.

Shauna
07-05-2013, 01:13 AM
wut :3

Jinx
07-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Laughing gas is the best.

noxious.sunshine
07-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Laughing gas is a lot of fun though... I want to get my wisdom teeth cut out, but the last dentist said not to if they weren't bothering me cuz it'd ruin all of the work my braces did... As in, i'd go back to having buck teeth. No bueno.

Shorty
07-05-2013, 02:22 AM
I haven't been to the dentist in a long time and it scares the shit out of me.

Jinx
07-05-2013, 02:25 AM
I haven't been to the dentist in a long time and it scares the trout out of me.

Me too. D:

I haven't been in so long, I'm afraid what they'd tell me if I went now...

Pheesh
07-05-2013, 03:04 AM
I went yesterday for my 6 month check-up. All is well ^.^

I'm thinking about actually getting them made a shade whiter, to make my winning smile even more winninger.

Pumpkin
07-05-2013, 04:09 AM
I do hate the dentist. I've never had any cavities or anything though. The thing is, the more I brush my teeth, the more sensitive they get, and the more they hurt (weirdness) so I brush once every 2 daysish. Every dentist has been amazed at how good my teeth are. I've never had any issues.

Flaming Ice
07-05-2013, 04:23 AM
Apparently I need to go pay some huge sum of money to get 2 of my wisdom teeth pulled...*sigh* Used to have benefits from my mom but not now that I'm out of school.

But I brush something like 2-3 times a day.

And it costs about $80 to go =/

noxious.sunshine
07-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Wisdom teeth are expensive to get pulled. On the plus side they rx you a large amount of pain pills, apparently. The BF had his pulled and they gave him a month's supply of lortabs.

Pheesh
07-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Wisdom teeth are expensive to get pulled. On the plus side they rx you a large amount of pain pills, apparently. The BF had his pulled and they gave him a month's supply of lortabs.

That is terrible on their part. I had mine pulled, they numbed it before hand and then recommended me an over the counter headache tablet that I barely even needed. A months supply of pain pills for a wisdom tooth is just irresponsible.

Araciel
07-05-2013, 07:56 AM
I got like 50 t3s

and threw them out.

/man

Chris
07-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm afraid of the atrocious prices, so no.

Inferno
07-05-2013, 03:04 PM
My mother is a dentist assistant so I've always been comfortable with all this.

But, there is this one time. I had to get 1 wisdom tooth pulled out. You know they inject anesthetic 3 times to the area, and 10 - 15 minutes later you're not supposed to feel a thing. Well, we still don't know exactly what happened, but I had the wrong side of the face paralyzed for a few hours. Pulling out the tooth didn't last long, but I felt it.

Worst. Pain. Ever.

Psychotic
07-05-2013, 06:28 PM
I go every six months and I hate it. I am a paid up member of the dentophobe club.

Sephex
07-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Doesn't bother me one bit. I've only ever had a couple of cavities and a root canal procedure that I only had because I unknowingly chipped a small part of a tooth. No matter what happens, I just chill, bear with any pain, and wait until the procedure is over.

noxious.sunshine
07-05-2013, 11:03 PM
.............. I have no response to the irresponsible thing. At all. That's like after I had my kid and the Dr rxed me Percocet for pain and my sister was like "she's never taken that before!" & I was like "shuttupshuttupshuttupshuttup". If I hadnt been confined to bed I would've kicked her in the face.

Shlup
07-06-2013, 05:10 AM
I don't mind the dentist. I mean, it's not fun, but my dentist is nice and I'd like to keep my teeth for a long time.