PDA

View Full Version : The Conjuring

Unbreakable Will
07-06-2013, 06:18 PM
The Conjuring - Official Teaser Trailer (HD) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrTQxTOEUI)

I'm actually excited to see this, it's from the same director of Insidious (and I think Sinister and Saw as well) and I loved that movie.

What horror genre movie, or hell what movie in general are you excited to see this year?

CimminyCricket
07-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Definitely the Conjuring. The trailers get me to jump nearly every time I see a new one!

DMKA
07-08-2013, 06:00 AM
It's actually based on a "true" story that received press attention some decades ago.

Unbreakable Will
07-08-2013, 06:04 AM
I'll have to look that up before going then!

noxious.sunshine
07-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Look up the Dibbuk Box. Oh snap. No. That's The Posession. ... Which I haven't seen.

The Cnojuring is based on what happened to the Perron family in Rhode Island. From what I've read, the story is based from Lorraine Warren's point of view. You know, the spiritual whatever lady that helped investigate the Amityville Horror house. It happened in the 70's, back when Ed & Lorraine were, I guess, at their most active. I'm sure they continued their work for a long time and I'm not sure if Lorraine has retired by now or not, but I know that she sometimes speaks at panels and such and Ed passed away at some point.