PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Blue/Red/Yellow

Chemical
07-10-2013, 02:49 AM
I started playing Yellow today ... Did you start red, yellow, or blue. what were your starting 6 Pokémon?

I actually had a hard time at brock, I needed to find Mankey and actually level up Nidorino.

Just beat Brock....
My starting 6:
Pikachu
Spearow
Caterpie - Metapod - Butterfree
Nidorin(m) - Nidorino
Rattata
Mankey

In my bank: Pidgey, Nidorin(f)

Del Murder
07-10-2013, 02:58 AM
Yellow 4 life. I don't remember my starting 6, but this was my final 6:

Alakazam
Lapras
Snorlax
Jolteon
Gengar
Venusaur

Hollycat
07-10-2013, 03:13 AM
I have a mew in my blue, got it without using a gameshark or moving any trucks.
My first team when I got to Brock was usually A charmander, a pikachu, a Nidorino, a pidgeotto (In blue you can catch lvl 6 pidgeottos in the forest).

If I didn't have a nidorino I usually had a mankey.

Araciel
07-10-2013, 03:42 AM
Blue.

I don't remember - I seem to envision it thusly -

started with Charbusaur

got some bugs

got gengar

won matches.

DownDiagonalLeftA
07-10-2013, 03:45 AM
I remember having to use Mankey's lowkick and Nidorino's double kick to beat Brock in Yellow. Good times.

I'm not one to switch my team around too much in pokemon games. I'll stay with 1 or 2 pokemon and keep them high level until I find another good candidate. When I last played blue, Squirtle and Geodude got me through a good amount of the game. Blastoise's icebeam OHKO'd everything Erika threw at me. Then I got Eevee and evolved it into Jolteon, got a staryu and evolved it into Starmie, and caught Snorlax when I could. My last is usually Zapdos.

So in Blue/Red it's usually Squirtle, Geodude, Eevee (Jolteon), Starmie, Snorlax, and Zapdos. Also a pidgey or something else to be an hm slave when I need it.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-10-2013, 03:49 AM
I started with Red because I always viewed it as the superior of the first two games for no real reason, but my starter on that game was Squirtle. When I got Blue, my starter was Charmander. I've always thought that was kind of funny for some reason.

Yellow was definitely my favorite of the 3, though. That first battle is really hard considering you start off with Pikachu. I'm pretty sure I got a Nidoran for that fight, but I can't remember my starting 6 Pokemon.

Pike
07-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Pokemon Red was my first Pokemon game. I got it to match my brother's Pokemon Blue.

I will never forget the day my brother showed me this article in Nintendo Power about a strange new upcoming game called "Pokemon" and how fun the article made it sound. We were excited about Pokemon before it was even a thing. :)

Sephiroth
07-10-2013, 01:22 PM
I have a mew in my blue, Glitch. And it is yellow where you get Pidgeottos. I have something like Starter Butterfree Pikachu. More is not necessary. Buy a Magikarp and you have Gyarados before Misty.

Quindiana Jones
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Yellow is the greatest. Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur and a super awesome Surfing Pikachu in one game?

How on Earth could that ever be topped?!

Pike
07-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Yeah, Yellow Version is super overpowered.

Jinx
07-10-2013, 02:33 PM
I really want to get a 3DS and some Pokemanz games. :(

Pike
07-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Download VisualBoyAdvance and Pokemon FireRed, it's all you need

Quindiana Jones
07-10-2013, 03:45 PM

Gloriously magnificent. You meant to say gloriously magnificent.

Hollycat
07-10-2013, 03:47 PM

Gloriously magnificent. You meant to say gloriously magnificent.

You mean full of bad breath.

You can't get a machamp solo in yellow, you can in blue.

Quindiana Jones
07-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Machamp is only good for bukkake competitions. Charizard, Venasaur and Blastoise are good for playing Pokemon games.

Hollycat
07-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Machamp is only good for bukkake competitions. Charizard, Venasaur and Blastoise are good for playing Pokemon games.

It's at this point I scrub my mind and walk away.

Pumpkin
07-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I <3 Squirtle so any game with Squirtle I am all for.

I've never played Red/Blue/Yellow though. I did play LeafGreen.

Denmark
07-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Pikachu is the worst starter in the series

Squirtle is second-best (Totodile 4 lief)

Pike
07-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Charizard is how to roll because then you can get a Vaporeon (best of the original Eevee evolutions) to be your water poke and preferably a Victreebel to be your grass poke

Sephiroth
07-10-2013, 04:21 PM
You can't get a machamp solo in yellow, you can in blue. Vice-versa.

Chris
07-10-2013, 04:34 PM
I loved Yellow so much! It loosely followed the show (with Jessie, James and Meowth) appearing in the GAME, and it had a Pikachu that actually said "Pikachuuu".

I kinda remember the very first team I ever used, it was something like this:

- Pikachu
- Chansey
- Pidgeot
- Gyarados
- Kadabra (SOO fustrated that I didn't know how to evovle it xD)
- Starmie

Formalhaut
07-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I loved Yellow so much! It loosely followed the show (with Jessie, James and Meowth) appearing in the GAME, and it had a Pikachu that actually said "Pikachuuu".

I kinda remember the very first team I ever used, it was something like this:

- Pikachu
- Chansey
- Pidgeot
- Gyarados
- Kadabra (SOO fustrated that I didn't know how to evovle it xD)
- Starmie

The annoying with this Kadabra is that you have to trade to evolve it. When I played my Red, I couldn't trade it (because I was too embarrassed that I was playing a pokemon game) and I'm pretty sure my friends didn't play it either.

Not having it to an Alakazam was infuriating. Same deal with Machamp but that isn't too good a pokemon really.

Pike
07-10-2013, 07:20 PM
I traded Kadabra with my brother to get Alakazam, although to be honest sometimes I didn't bother because Kadabra was already OP as is. You hardly even need to evolve him.

Denmark
07-10-2013, 07:21 PM
I had both Red and Blue and two Game Boys. ~No friends needed~

Formalhaut
07-10-2013, 07:24 PM
I traded Kadabra with my brother to get Alakazam, although to be honest sometimes I didn't bother because Kadabra was already OP as is. You hardly even need to evolve him.

I know, but I'm a completionist who likes as good a pokedex as I can. Having gaps in it infuriate me, often to the point that I just quit and play something else instead :p I don't think I've yet to actually finish a game yet.

I really dislike splitting pokemon between games. It makes me annoyed because I can't get the exclusives I don't have! Same deal with starters as well.

Pike
07-10-2013, 07:26 PM

Man I was sooooooo tempted to do this but this was back when I was a poor school-bot with no money. :(

These days I have multiple Game Boys of various types, of course, but then again these days I just emulate when I want a Pokemon fix.

Hollycat
07-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Man, this reminds me how crazy easy it used to be to complete the pokedex, and also how awful exp all was.

Pike
07-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I gave up on the Pokedex after my battery died mid-save and deleted everything one time when my Pokedex was like 140. After that I couldn't be bothered anymore.

Denmark
07-10-2013, 07:37 PM

Man I was sooooooo tempted to do this but this was back when I was a poor school-bot with no money. :(

well, one of the Game Boys was my older brother's which i borrowed for the sake of the Pokedex

Formalhaut
07-10-2013, 08:02 PM

well, one of the Game Boys was my older brother's which i borrowed for the sake of the Pokedex

On the 4th gen, I was very, very fortunate. I bought Diamond a few months after it came out and played it on my DS Lite. Then, I got Platinum, and then I got the 3DS. I was fortunate enough in that scenario. I was able to use Diamond effectively a support slave to my Platinum, harvesting the starters from it and transferring them to my Platinum, among other things.

Chemical
07-11-2013, 05:21 AM
I would say I am roughly 1/3 in and I seem to have team invincible:
pikachu
hypnos
gyrados
charmeleon
ivysaur
sandslash

and yes I did buy magikarp for 500gil
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b5967993a33f8a3d3c7bef96cd892141/tumblr_mfq7oihKvL1qfuqg2o1_500.jpg

Sephiroth
07-11-2013, 01:24 PM
I would say I am roughly 1/3 in and I seem to have team invincible: pikachu hypnos gyrados charmeleon ivysaur sandslash and yes I did buy magikarp for 500gil http://25.media.tumblr.com/b5967993a33f8a3d3c7bef96cd892141/tumblr_mfq7oihKvL1qfuqg2o1_500.jpg THANK GOD! YOU DON&#39;T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO TRAIN ME! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGrTG5U7TM)