PDA

View Full Version : Famous TV and Movie Locations!

Crop
07-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Have you been to any?

When I was travelling the US I stopped off at both Cheers bars in Boston, which is my favourite TV related stop off.

I also live in the area where Doctor Who is filmed, and in the town where Gavin and Stacey is filmed and set. So I've seen them being filmed a load of times.

It was pretty cool seeing my town on TV at first - and seeing the actors of course, but all it's done in the long run is jack up the prices of everything down the Island and bring a bunch of tourists to this once notoriously tacky town!

The floor is yours, EoFF, top me if you dare!

Shiny
07-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Been to the diner in Goodfellas. That is the only noteworthy one to me.

Pretty much everywhere in NYC was a movie location at some point, so the list goes on and on.

As for tv yes one canceled show was shot very close by, but I am not saying which show as that gives too much hint as to where I live. :p

Loony BoB
07-11-2013, 11:15 AM
I pass by various Trainspotting locations every day. In NZ, I lived in the suburb that Hercules and Xena were filmed at, quite a few people from school would try to be extras (pretty sure a few got in, too). I've been to The Shire, too, and seen the Bag End door. That river that they go to at the end of The Fellowship of the Ring looks remarkably like one I've been to numerous times, and I think I used to skip stones over it. I've been to places where The Last Samurai was filmed, and probably a bunch of other movies that were filmed in NZ, too, that I can't think of right now.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 02:41 PM
As for tv yes one canceled show was shot very close by, but I am not saying which show as that gives too much hint as to where I live. :p

Can you tell me how to get
How to get to Sesame Street?

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 02:49 PM
While my dad hasn't actually -been- to any sets or anything like that, he can pretty much point out any scene in a film that was shot in the U.S. and tell you exactly where it is they filmed it. He's a well traveled man, my dad.

The boat yard in the beginning of 2 Fast 2 Furious, when they bust the window out of that convertible, is a Sea Ray dealership. I went there when I was little with my dad to deliver some boats.

My sister & her best friend were in an Alabama Head Hunters video. Or Kentucky Head Hunters. Whatever the hell they're called. Been through Odessa & Midland - the two towns in "Friday Night Lights". I was briefly on TV during the CMAs in 2006 during Josh Turner's performance. You can see my pasty pale ass on the edge/end of the row. I hadn't discovered sunless tanner yet.

Denmark
07-11-2013, 02:51 PM
slightly off topic: I knew a couple people who lived on a road called Sesame Street. There's also a street with that name near me, but the only thing on it is a PBS station so I'm going to assume that was intentional.

The Sopranos was filmed near where my brother lives.

the motel that was the centerpiece of this crappy movie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taking_Woodstock) is in the town I went to high school in. I passed by it every day.

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 03:00 PM
hehheheh. I lived not far from where The Baseline Killer lurked & killed. I only say that 'cuz someone actually made a horror flick about that.

lmao I was thinking of "The Good Girl" with Jennifer Aniston and John C Reilly when you said "motel". lulz. Until I clicked the link.

EDIT:

Practically everywhere on the "Nashville" TV Show. I haven't sat down to watch a full episode, but any place on there that's in downtown, I've either been there or driven by there.