PDA

View Full Version : I've got ten chigger bites and I'm sweating so hard my thighs are a slip and slide!

Jinx
07-11-2013, 02:50 AM
Let's talk about how much we hate summer.

Denmark
07-11-2013, 02:51 AM
SUMMER IS HOT AND HUMID AND I GET SUNBURN AND MY ELECTRIC BILL IS HIGHER BECAUSE AIR CONDITIONING

Jinx
07-11-2013, 02:52 AM
The only redeeming part of summer to me is my birthday, and that's late summer anyways.

I like boats now too, but this is a very new development.

Summer is the worst.

Pumpkin
07-11-2013, 03:13 AM
I don't like summer much either. And now I live in South Carolina so it's summer like 9 months out of the year, 2 months of spring, and one month of fall.

Sephex
07-11-2013, 03:19 AM
I had three outdoor functions in a row last month and mosquitoes used both of my ankles as a massive feast. Worth it, though. Two out of the three functions were very fun!

Raistlin
07-11-2013, 04:21 AM
I hate heat and humidity and the ever-burning star (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/04/30), so I frequently do not care much for summer.

fire_of_avalon
07-11-2013, 05:20 AM
I love summer. There are flowers and peep frogs and bugs and sunshine and swimming and thunderstorms. And watermelon. All good things.

Also I live in paradise, pretty much. At my house it never gets much above 80 degrees and it's also wooded and shady.

Unbreakable Will
07-11-2013, 05:36 AM
I sweat like fucking crazy during the summer, I fucking hate it. :colbert:

Shorty
07-11-2013, 05:43 AM
It was so nice the first part of summer but as soon as July hit it got super shitty. I greatly dislike heat and get cranky at anything over 80, max.

NOT LIVING UP TO YOUR STANDARDS, PNW

Rebellious Eagle
07-11-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm too white for the sun, mosquitos love to bite me, I get sick and headaches from the heat, and hate feeling uncomfortably hot at night. The only things I like about summer are going to beaches and not having school.

Denmark
07-11-2013, 05:45 AM

that's because you live in Idaho. true pacNW has rain and shit

Lonely Paper Star
07-11-2013, 05:54 AM
I don't like summer very much. I love winter. D: I prefer the cold.

I dislike too much sunny weather, and on top of that, I'm not supposed to stay in the sun too long because of a skin condition, even with sunblock and trout. Ironic that my favorite ASOIAF house is Martell. Lol.

Denmark
07-11-2013, 05:56 AM

that's because you live in Idaho. true pacNW has rain and shit

silly swear filter. true pacNW has rain and SALMON

Flaming Ice
07-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Just set your food outside , no need for ovens!

It hasn't been way to bad with all this rain.

Leeza
07-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Sorry for posting off topic, but I love summer. :) I can't get enough of summer. I would like to have summer all year round! I love summer. :) Did I say that I love summer?

Shorty
07-11-2013, 07:12 AM

that's because you live in Idaho. true pacNW has rain and trout

http://goo.gl/maps/ipr1m

No, I win. We have rain and lots of it! IT COUNTS, DAMN IT

Calliope
07-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Are you kidding? I fucking love summer! Radiant sunshine, the ocean breeze, walking around in sunglasses, a tee and a gauzy flowing skirt instead of my standard uniform of doc martens and a peacoat and four other layers, nectarines, peaches and plums bursting with flavour, picking your own strawberries, breezy mint cocktails, summer music festivals that unite thousands of people under the blazing heat, baseball, block parties, craft fairs, farmer's markets, the courage to jump into the ocean, the simple reassurance of light and goodwill.

Of course, I live in the Pacific Northwest, so summer is like nine days or something.

Loony BoB
07-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Summer is the best season. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly weird.

Calliope
07-11-2013, 08:58 AM
NB: You can be weird and enjoy summer the most; e.g. Daniel Towns.

PS: You can be weird and still be correct.

Pike
07-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Summer is too hot. Anything over 80 is too hot. And I don't have air conditioning. Also it's still sunny and bright outside for like four hours after I go to bed, which is highly irritating.

Autumn is the best season. It's pretty and it's the perfect temperature.

Night Fury
07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Summer is amazing.

If you're getting burnt you need to put on more sun cream.

Sit back in the garden, put the BBQ on, have a pitcher of Pimms and soak up those rays. What could be better than that? NOTHING.

Also! I love long light nights. I love it being like 10pm and it's only just starting to get all dusky and golden. I LOVE IT!

Rantz
07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
I love all the seasons, they're great. I just don't like troutty weather, and I count sweating my nads off to that epithet.

Loony BoB
07-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Also! I love long light nights. I love it being like 10pm and it's only just starting to get all dusky and golden. I LOVE IT!
When I first moved to the UK I had no PC and would regularly pop into a netcafé in the city and then bus home. Going home at 11pm and seeing the sun setting directly down Easter Road... it blew my mind. I've been here eleven years and I still find it kind of amazing. xD

I do love the long evening hours in the UK's summer, but I think if I had to pick, I'd prefer the more 'standard' (for me) sunset/sunrise times of places closer to the equator if only because it means I can still see the sun during the winter.

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Summer is the best. Summer in Texas is terrible. Summer in Phoenix, not so terrible. Summer in Tennessee, 1/2way between TX & Phoenix, but more on the Texas side of bad.

Jet skis and boats. Nuff. Said.

And alcohol. Mmmhhhhhmmm.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 01:58 PM
To be fair, I don't really think you're experiencing summer until it's over 90 degrees everyday.

Shauna
07-11-2013, 02:02 PM
To be fair, I don't really think you're experiencing summer until it's over 90 degrees everyday.

Well then, Scotland never experiences summer. :p

Been having some nice weather recently, I have been enjoying being out in it. As I walk to work. ;_;

Pheesh
07-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Anyone who said 'over 80 is too hot' is a sissy. I love summer! You get to go to the beach every day, you don't have to put on clothes after a shower... you can walk around the house naked eating ice cream... you can cook naked... you can mow the lawn naked... and not to mention you can sleep naked...

Jinx
07-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Sleeping naked is gross. I'm always worried a spider is going to crawl in my vagina while I'm asleep or something.

Pheesh
07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
You don't even live in Australia, why would that scare you? All the spiders know to stay away from between my thighs, man. They know.

Denmark
07-11-2013, 03:16 PM
TIL Phil's member scares spiders

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Why would you wanna risk cooking naked though? I mean especially if oil or butter is involved. I'd hate to see -that- injury happen.

Faris
07-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Spring > Summer >> Autumn >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Winter

I'll take +30C and get a sunburn over -35C and have to wear 3-4 layers of clothing any day. At least if I want to go outside in the summer I can find some shade to stay cool in.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 03:18 PM
THE UNITED STATES STILL HAS SPIDERS OKAY

But our spiders are small, and sneaky

They crawl in my vagina, impregnate me

I give birth to human-spider hybrid babies

In comes the Apocalypse

I'll just sleep clothed, thank you.

Pheesh
07-11-2013, 03:22 PM
THE UNITED STATES STILL HAS SPIDERS OKAY

But our spiders are small, and sneaky

They crawl in my vagina, impregnate me

I give birth to human-spider hybrid babies

In comes the Apocalypse

I'll just sleep clothed, thank you.

That is NOT a very nice thing to say about Rob :(

Freya
07-11-2013, 03:23 PM
the heeeeeaaattt ugggggh

my ac went out last night

i'm dying

say nice things at my funeral

Formalhaut
07-11-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm glad I live in England where the bugs are either very small or non-existent. The worst bug we have (for me) is the moth. I have a bloody phobia of the moth. God knows how I'd cope in some other country where the moth is probably the size of your fist. The spiders here are fairly small as well, though I still cannot stand them.

Summer is the time of bugs, so this automatically drags it down in my estimations. Also, summer is (for me) incredibly hot. And this is England hot. I honestly cannot take the heat so much. There's also the sunburn, and I get sunburnt very easily, so I always have to apply suncream. It's more of an annoyance than anything else. Finally, it gets quite hot at night as well.

However... I do appreciate the summer. I do like that it is bright and sunny, and I do like that it makes other people feel happier (normally). The beach is nice, given that I live in a coastal town. I guess it also makes you want to go and do things, and gives you the energy to do so.

Were I to rank the seasons...

Winter >>> Summer >>>>>> Autumn > Spring

(The arrows indicative of how far down it is)

Pike
07-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Anyone who said 'over 80 is too hot' is a sissy.

No I'm just from the tippy top of the Rocky Mountains

You come spend a winter here and see how you do at 40 below :tongue:

Shorty
07-11-2013, 04:00 PM

That isn't summer, that's the seventh circle of hell.

And it's called Phoenix.

Denmark
07-11-2013, 04:04 PM

That isn't summer, that's the seventh circle of hell.

And it's called Phoenix.

no humidity = no torture, sorry

i'd take 110 and dry over 90 and humid

Shorty
07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
It's not 110, it's 125. Every degree makes a difference!

Denmark
07-11-2013, 04:08 PM
still

Shorty
07-11-2013, 04:10 PM
No.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Dry heat is way worse than humid heat.

Shorty
07-11-2013, 04:12 PM
one way or another you're sweating like a sinner during a sermon

Denmark
07-11-2013, 04:13 PM
i'd take an air-conditioned apartment and a nice cold g+t over anything though

Pumpkin
07-11-2013, 04:13 PM
This is how I rank the seasons:

Fall > Spring > Winter >>> Summer.

I have a heat allergy :cry:.

Freya
07-11-2013, 05:54 PM
OH! I don't know of some foreigners/northern people know about chiggers, Sam! I WILL INFORM (since it's what I do EDITOR TO THE RESCUE!)

They're these super tiny bugs that get along your waistbands and socks and well just all over! They like to eat skin cells (not blood) so they make you really itchy with red bumps all over. You get them if you're in a grassy/wooded area and it's more humid. ICKY BUGS cause you can't really see them D:

Pike
07-11-2013, 05:55 PM
OH! I don't know of some foreigners/northern people know about chiggers, Sam! I WILL INFORM (since it's what I do EDITOR TO THE RESCUE!)

They're these super tiny bugs that get along your waistbands and socks and well just all over! They like to eat skin cells (not blood) so they make you really itchy with red bumps all over. You get them if you're in a grassy/wooded area and it's more humid. ICKY BUGS cause you can't really see them D:

I was wondering what on earth these were.

Freya
07-11-2013, 05:59 PM
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z402/plastic_jello_/GIFs/themoreyouknow.gif

Sephex
07-11-2013, 06:00 PM

I was wondering what on earth these were.

I just thought everyone was being racist, but still polite enough to censor the word.

Rantz
07-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Anyone who said 'over 80 is too hot' is a sissy. I love summer! You get to go to the beach every day, you don't have to put on clothes after a shower... you can walk around the house naked eating ice cream... you can cook naked... you can mow the lawn naked... and not to mention you can sleep naked...

Aside from the beach and mowing the lawn, I do those all year round and I live in Sweden :colbert:

Freya
07-11-2013, 06:01 PM
google image chigger bites, I DARE YOU. Then you'll understand.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 06:08 PM
CHIGGERS ARE THE WORST

Yeah, I was actually telling my aunt about chiggers the other day. She had no idea what they were. I was like, "Basically they're invisible bugs, and they bite the shit out of you and cover you in huge bites."

Shauna
07-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Sounds like midgies. They're awful.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Might be the same thing, just a different name. Chiggers is very much a southern thing.

Shauna
07-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Quick google, they're entirely different creatures. xD

Rebellious Eagle
07-11-2013, 08:46 PM
And here I thought chigger was another word for mosquito, which are rampant up here in the North.

Araciel
07-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Fall ftw.

Formalhaut
07-11-2013, 09:58 PM
This is why I don't live in America. The bugs are both more in number AND more damaging.

Loony BoB
07-11-2013, 10:06 PM
a;dsigha; ever since I read Sephex's post I can't unread all the racism.

Denmark
07-11-2013, 10:18 PM
a;dsigha; ever since I read Sephex's post I can't unread all the racism.

I don't know where I first heard this term but it's very relevant (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chegros)

Pheesh
07-12-2013, 12:50 AM

These are the kind of things people complain about when there isn't actually anything dangerous that could bite you.

fire_of_avalon
07-12-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm glad I live in England where the bugs are either very small or non-existent. The worst bug we have (for me) is the moth. I have a bloody phobia of the moth. God knows how I'd cope in some other country where the moth is probably the size of your fist. The spiders here are fairly small as well, though I still cannot stand them.

Here's a story, true story, I saw a bat-sized moth the other day. I thought it was a bat at first then it crashed on the ground near me and started thrashing about and it was a white moth. The size of a bat. Bigger than some bats.

Thought of Pike.

NorthernChaosGod
07-12-2013, 09:05 AM
I can't see the title of this thread and not think something dirty about Boobs.

Laddy
07-21-2013, 09:26 AM
...Is too goddamn long.

Faris
07-21-2013, 12:32 PM
That means an even longer winter.

Loony BoB
07-21-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm assuming by 'long' you mean 'short', but it's certainly not too long since the last thread about summer.

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/151150-ive-got-ten-chigger-bites-im-sweating-so-hard-my-thighs-slip-slide.html

EDIT: Actually I'll just merge instead of closing.

Pike
07-24-2013, 10:42 AM

To be fair it's not difficult to think something dirty about Boobs.

Jinx
07-24-2013, 01:59 PM

To be fair, it's in the name alone.

NorthernChaosGod
07-27-2013, 01:11 AM

To be fair, it's in the name alone.

I still think of you in my head as Sam though.