PDA

View Full Version : New phone bitches!

NeoCracker
07-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Well, I have finally joined the current day of phone. No longer am I in the past with my flip phone, no touch screen or keyboard, and am on to the Nexus 4 phone, complete with touchscreen!

Part of me feels my soul fading away, as I let go of part of who I once was by advancing my phone tech, but then I realize the fucks I once had had dissipated!

How far behind on your phone technology are you? When did you finally catch up to the modern day models?

Denmark
07-11-2013, 05:47 AM
my phone slides horizontally to reveal a qwerty keyboard

it's 2 1/2 years old and was out of date then

ugh i need a new phone

Rebellious Eagle
07-11-2013, 05:49 AM
We still have a home phone, which I recently found out is becoming a declining trend...

NeoCracker
07-11-2013, 05:50 AM
And Rebellious Eagle wins!

Here I was thinking until today I was the most behind. ^_^

DownDiagonalLeftA
07-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Nexus 4 is sweet. I have the Nexus 7 tablet and I love it.

As far as being behind on phones, I have an HTC Sensation. Came out a little over 2 years ago. I'd love the version of the HTC One that's coming out with just stock android, but I can't find reasons to justify spending the $500 to $600 it'll run me. I'm still pretty happy with my current phone.

I still prefer to talk on my home phone if I'm home though.

Raistlin
07-11-2013, 06:38 AM
I got my first smartphone 2 years ago, and I thought I was behind. I haven't even had a landline since high school.

Leeza
07-11-2013, 06:47 AM
I got a smartphone by mistake just last month. All I wanted was the cheapest phone that I could get for a second phone that had a qwerty keyboard, and then I realized that it was very different from any other phone that I have had. I actually prefer my old little LG, and I still have it, but my new Samsung does have it's little perks... of course they do cost more. I still mainly use it just for texting and getting work calls. I use my regular land line for all else... unless I'm traveling, but even then it's just for quick calls. It does take better pictures though than my little LG and I do like that. :) I found that the touchscreen though is just a little too touchy and I end up in places that I don't want to be a little too often.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-11-2013, 06:56 AM
My S2 Galaxy died last month so now I got a Nexus 4. Android for life.

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 07:16 AM
I have the HTC One w/beats audio. Suck on that. Naw, Jay had to switch from Sprint to AT&T 'cuz he gets -no- service on base when he's out in the field, so they let him terminate his contract with no fees. We both got the HTC.

Naw, my ex upgraded to the S2 and gave me his Galaxy S, but it completely died on me, so I had to go buy a cheapo $20 t-mobile flip phone. It was like I was back in high school at work over that stupid thing. "Oh she got that iPhone 20, huh?" -_-; Assholes.

Shorty
07-11-2013, 07:21 AM
I've had smartphones since 2007, but I gave up my faithful Blackberry for a touchscreen in... 2011, I think.

I refused to go to touchscreens for a long time because I didn't think I'd like the keyboards, but they aren't so bad. I was amazing at texting on Blackberries without looking at the screen, though. I do miss that. But my Galaxy S3 is undoubtedly the best phone I've ever had, so!

Loony BoB
07-11-2013, 07:22 AM
What is a 'phone bitch' and where do I get one?

Scotty_ffgamer
07-11-2013, 07:58 AM
I didn't have a smart phone until about a year ago, I think. The only reason I got a smart phone was because my old flip phone finally died, and my mom decided to give me her old MyTouch 4g. I only really use it for calling and texting, though. It has come in handy when I need quick directions or something, though.

Masamunemaster
07-11-2013, 08:15 AM
I still have the samsung epic 4g, but once I get up $ 200 I plan to get the s4.

Pike
07-11-2013, 10:30 AM
How far behind on your phone technology are you? When did you finally catch up to the modern day models?

Probably five years behind or so. I don't even have a qwerty keyboard or a way of pulling one up. It's a flip phone and all it really does is make calls. It would suck but on the other hand I use my phone for maybe two minutes a week.

I'll bother catching up when Firefox OS shows up in the States.

Shiny
07-11-2013, 11:46 AM
The iPhone 4 is currently in my possesion. I want to trade it back for my old qwerty keyboard phone. It was so much easier to type on that.

Rantz
07-11-2013, 12:18 PM
When I first moved into my own apartment 10 or so years ago, I decided to get a landline even though I already had a mobile. Then I was like, why the fuck did I do that? And ripped it out of the wall with a hot fury.

I have a HTC Sensation (which was my first smartphone) with a big ole crack over the screen. It doesn't really impair functionality but it's annoying as heck, plus it's getting old and slow as hell. I have my eyes set on the HTC One for my next phone. I'd usually prefer to switch to another brand, but the One just seems too great to pass up.

Chemical
07-11-2013, 12:53 PM
my phone slides horizontally to reveal a qwerty keyboard

it's 2 1/2 years old and was out of date then

ugh i need a new phone
This was my favourite phone model from 5 years ago, I lost it and was forced to upgrade to a Nokia blackberry thing no touch screen, I still have it. Just doesn't work in Australia.

We still have a home phone, which I recently found out is becoming a declining trend...
We still have a landline at home, samw number since1992.

I am not so good with technology (I have killed/lost 13 mobiles in the past 4 years alone. One I even managed to bake). So I tend to buy crappy and cheap versions. My last mobile was donated from a friend it was likely from the 90's: a small chunky cell with 6 number buttons and a T9 text system. Forget pictures or internet. After losing that I grabbed a 30$ android blackberry thingy. Qwerty keyboard and touch screen.

krissy
07-11-2013, 01:00 PM
i have a nokia flip phone from the turn of the century and do not need a new one

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 01:24 PM
You want the One. The One is awesome.

..... It's even more awesome now that it's dropped to $99. Lol

Faris
07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
This post is brought to you by my iPhone 3GS. I never want to upgrade.

Flying Mullet
07-11-2013, 01:42 PM
We still have a landline at home, samw number since1992.
My parents disconnected the land line they've had since 1989 about six months ago. I felt like the family pet had died. :aimsad:

I had a flip phone with no camera for the longest time and a couple of years ago bit the bullet and picked up an HTC Incredible 2. I'll probably pick up a Galaxy S4 within the next month.

Loony BoB
07-11-2013, 01:44 PM
We have a landline, it's really useful for long phonecalls.

Flying Mullet
07-11-2013, 01:49 PM
The last time we had a hurricane roll through it took out power for three weeks and we didn't have cell phone service for a week. Everybody had their land lines but all had cordless phones so the handset died after a couple of days. xD

We had a corded phone and were the only ones in the neighborhood that could make calls for several days.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I hate smart phones, but it seems like that's all they have these days.

Loony BoB
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
We had a corded phone and were the only ones in the neighborhood that could make calls for several days.
I can't help but hope that you left a whole lot of really smug messages on everyone's voicemails.

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 02:26 PM
You can get a Jitterbug.

That flip phone for old people.

Or T-Mobile still has flip fones @ Wally World for $20.... That's about the only company that has them though.

Flying Mullet
07-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Or T-Mobile still has flip fones @ Wally World for $20.... That's about the only company that has them though.
I did a T-Mobile flip phone for the longest time. Back in the day it was no contract and $40/month for unlimited talk and text. Simple and easy.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
BRING BACK THE BLACKBERRY CURVE :mad2:

:(

Araciel
07-12-2013, 03:28 AM
Working for a major phone company, I usually have one phone or another signed out to test - currently have the Samsung s4 - I like it but it's not as big as the note and therefore it sucks a bit.

I personally am currently using an iphone 4s until September when I can get a free one from work to put onto my sweet plan - I'm thinking Android because I had a bold 9900 until a couple of months ago when a friend gave me this one and of all the platforms, Android is my favourite (emulation hello)

HTC can fuck right off and so can Nexus phones.. It's not that they're not cool I just don't like various things about them (htc with their ultrapixels or whateverthefuck lololol)

Pumpkin
07-12-2013, 03:29 AM
I have a really crappy old school phone and the bottons are starting to fail :(.

Leeza
07-12-2013, 04:12 AM
The last time we had a hurricane roll through it took out power for three weeks and we didn't have cell phone service for a week. Everybody had their land lines but all had cordless phones so the handset died after a couple of days. xD

Oh I definitely have a corded phone just for times like these. We used to have power outages quite regularly so it's somewhat of a necessity.

noxious.sunshine
07-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Working for a major phone company, I usually have one phone or another signed out to test - currently have the Samsung s4 - I like it but it's not as big as the note and therefore it sucks a bit.

I personally am currently using an iphone 4s until September when I can get a free one from work to put onto my sweet plan - I'm thinking Android because I had a bold 9900 until a couple of months ago when a friend gave me this one and of all the platforms, Android is my favourite (emulation hello)

HTC can smurf right off and so can Nexus phones.. It's not that they're not cool I just don't like various things about them (htc with their ultrapixels or whateverthesmurf lololol)

How's that Haterade taste? XD