PDA

View Full Version : HAIR!

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Does your hair get super dried out in the Summer?

Mine does. Like right now, I accidentally bought shampoo instead of conditioner, so I'm kinda screwed. Actually I do have my smoothing milk from Garnier that helps hydrate it, but I always forget I have it.

Anywho, so because I don't have my conditioner, I've just been letting my hair air dry (which I hate doing 'cuz I can't stand the feeling of wet hair and it always looks like doo-doo when it's dry later), but it's just soooo dried out it's not even funny. I'm surprised it doesn't catch on fire when I walk outside. But at the same time, if I don't wash it right at the 24 hr mark, the roots start feeling/looking greasy anyway. It drives me insane. I normally love my hair a lot, but this Summer, it's just not cuttin' it. Aside from being extremely long and annoying, that is.

What're your issues with your hair?

Shorty
07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Nah, I don't really notice any difference. My only issues are some split ends.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 06:14 PM
My hair is always dry.

Sephex
07-11-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm losing my hair, so **** this thread. :mad2:

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 07:41 PM
I lose hair everyday. ;p

I shed like a mofo for real. It's redunkulous.

My split ends are pretty bad though.

Night Fury
07-11-2013, 07:46 PM
In summer my hair seems to grow super fast - it must get a lot of vitamins! I've been letting it dry naturally this week and just applying a small amount of argan oil through it which is making it lovely and soft and must be doing some good! I'm also going to take advantage of how quick my hair is growing and get it trimmed and chopped through next week which will probably bring on another spurt in it's growth!

Pumpkin
07-11-2013, 07:51 PM
My hair is always dry and frizzy :(.

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I've done hot oil treatments.. I'd do them back when I was on the swim team and in the pool all day everyday, but I think it was like olive oil. I wonder if argan would help the ends...? My scalp & roots get super oily really easily.

Did you know that your hair still grows at the same rate even if you don't cut it? -__-; If I were to get all of my split ends hacked off right now, it'd be like... easily 6 inches or more. It's terrible. If I get said 6 inches cut, I wont' be able to tie my hair in a knot without a ponytail holder or bobby pins like I normally do.

Jinx
07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I really need a haircut. I haven't had my hair cut since....April?

My hair is starting to curl-curl now, though, not just waves. :3

Night Fury
07-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Oh I know it doesn't actually make it grow faster, but it keeps it in good condition. And I dunno, it always feels like it grows very fast after a cut haha!

I'mma get it like this!

Rebellious Eagle
07-11-2013, 08:11 PM
My hair is actually in good condition even though it's bleached blonde over hair dye. It doesn't get greasy so I only need to wash it every 2 or 3 days. It's also getting super long and pretty so I'm happy about that :D it's kind of elastic though from the bleach so on occasions a strand or two stretches and snaps but my hair is still its normal thickness and I have so much of it that it doesn't bother me. I just love my hair. -pets-

noxious.sunshine
07-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Oh I know it doesn't actually make it grow faster, but it keeps it in good condition. And I dunno, it always feels like it grows very fast after a cut haha!

I'mma get it like this!

I agreee - it does make it feel that way. Lol.

I'm Jelly right now. I cannot pull of short hair -or- bangs (I've tried both). A.) I have a cow lick. B.) I've tried bangs. You have to pull hair from so far back on my scalp that it looks retarded and C.) Cow Lick. Slash Widow's Peak. ..... I guess they go hand-in-hand though, kinda right?

Or wait. I can do shoulder-length like that if it's layered I guess. I just remember the last time I tried short hair (you know, where you can spike it in the back), my hair was too heavy to do that kind of style even with pomade & wax & hairspray & stuff & it'd just fall back down into a mullet. It was awful.

I can't go short again, though. -_-; Everyone that loves me will not love me anymore. I can't even -joke- about whacking off my hair. My mom freaks out if I say something about it. And definitely forget about going blonde. My dad would for real lose his marbles. *eyeroll*

EDIT:

@ RE: Jelly of you too. Last time I tried going blonde, like 10 years ago, the bleach/color burned my scalp horribly. I'm afraid to even do highlights now. And the hair loss thing. I swear I need Rogaine for Women. I have Psoriacis (SP?) in 2 spots - I have the "double crown/cow licks" on the bck of my head and I have a really bad habit of picking at it. It's been a thing for a really long time, but my hair is definitely thinning out in those 2 places, I've noticed.

Araciel
07-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Nah - it's oily as fuck

Chris
07-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Nah, I don't really notice any difference. My only issues are some split ends.
:mock:

Shorty
07-11-2013, 11:31 PM
really

Chris
07-11-2013, 11:38 PM
oh wasn't mocking your dried out frizzy hair but gwyneth

Shiny
07-12-2013, 02:13 AM
My hair gets itchy and matted easily. I washed it this morning with anti-dandruff stuff and it's still slightly itchy because I have a dry scalp. I don't haver dry hair though thanks to Argan oil.

escobert
07-12-2013, 02:22 AM
I have no issues with my hair because I use J.R. Liggett's 100% all natural hand made bar shampoo! No need for a conditioner and there are many types for many types of hair! doesn't strip the natural oils from your hair so there is no need to use a synthetic conditioner to put oils back in that have been stripped. it's 100% biodegradable can be used shaving and to even wash clothes! Hell, you can brush your teeth with it is you want.

~*~Celes~*~
07-12-2013, 02:29 AM
My hair is too long. I'm thinking I might actually get a shorter hair cut this time around, which will be a challenge because of my round face!

snacks
07-12-2013, 02:44 AM
What're your issues with your hair?

not having any anymore :(

not really i used to have like really awesome locks and then one day they were robbed from me, by gunpoint.
or aging.

anyways the biggest problem that i always used to have was that in the summer/humidity my hair would turn into
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4f/Egon_GB1.jpg

this guy only a lot curly and awful, and it was really greasy and not matter how many times i washed it it looked like i hadn't.
so i guess in a way it's a blessing?
cept for male pattern baldness.
that's not a blessing.

Loony BoB
07-12-2013, 09:38 AM
The only issues I have with my hair are that it curls up at the back around my neck, which I hate, and occasoinally there will be some random hairs that refuse to smooth down with the rest of 'em and insist on trying to reach for the sky.

People who actually care about fashion might also point out that my hair is very boring, but I don't give a trout.

Pheesh
07-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Locky will back me up when I say you should not get me talking about my hair. I will not shut up about it once I start and words that have no business being used to describe hair like 'waterfall' get thrown about way too casually.

Denmark
07-12-2013, 03:18 PM
My hair is really thick. Everyone who's ever paid attention to it will attest to this.

My scalp gets itchy sometimes. I don't have dandruff, but using dandruff shampoo makes my scalp not be itchy.

Dignified Pauper
07-12-2013, 03:26 PM
The only issues I have with my hair are that it curls up at the back around my neck, which I hate, and occasoinally there will be some random hairs that refuse to smooth down with the rest of 'em and insist on trying to reach for the sky.

People who actually care about fashion might also point out that my hair is very boring, but I don't give a trout.

Do you have any issues with the hair of members you have collected, BoB?

Loony BoB
07-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah. Kalen's got vacuumed up by my sister. I have an issue with that! Kal was so upset. :(

I sort of feel bad that I don't do anything with that all that hair but leave it in it's original packaging in a box in the boiler cabinet. I mean, when people send you hair, are you supposed to do anything creative with it or something? I don't even know. I feel people have gone to great efforts to send me something and all that's come out of it is the ongoing EoFF joke about how I clone people. Maybe I should clone them. Can I turn their hair into a kidney and send it to them so they have, like, a spare? Or something?

Chris
07-12-2013, 03:40 PM
I need new hair, guys. Thinking about going blonde, but it would only look SO gay on me, and especially since I have brown skin. :(

Denmark
07-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Chris is afraid of seeming gayer

I was not aware that was possible

Can I have my hair back BoB

Loony BoB
07-12-2013, 04:23 PM
That depends on how your hair was sent. I can't remember if yours was taped onto the letter or if it was seperate... I also don't know if all that hair has turned to dust by now. >_> You'd think after all this time...! It's only been about six or seven years since I even went through those letters. Maybe I'll bother to find them and photograph them all on display or something. You know. Just to make people think I'm even creepier than they already do. YOU'RE THE ONES THAT WERE SENDING PEOPLE HAIR.

NeoCracker
07-12-2013, 04:24 PM
My hair is fucking glorious.

When I inevitably start balding I will be sad. :(

I went with the larger bottles of Tresseme recently as I've been poor, but soon I shall once again usher in the Dove Shampoo and Conditioner and my hair shall once again reign supreme over all others!

Denmark
07-12-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I sent it in a little ziploc bag or something. I don't actually want it back, I've made a lot more since then.

Night Fury
07-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Everytime I decide to get my haircut, it just starts looking all gorgeous as if to say "DON'T CUT ME YOU BITCH!"

Pike
07-12-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't really pay attention to my hair very much. I do have to wash it once a day or it turns into a swamp, though.

Pumpkin
07-12-2013, 05:20 PM
My new shampoo seems to be somewhat working. I have less frizz, which is great, but I still have waves and little corkscrew curls. If it was uniform I would be happier, but it isn't. My hair just does what it wants.

My hair is Quina.

noxious.sunshine
07-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Have you tried using a curl booster and just letting it be curly?

I need a split end repairer . Baaad.

41-Inches-Wide
07-12-2013, 09:56 PM
My hair is like the Middle East, it has a lot of oil :jess:

escobert
07-12-2013, 10:59 PM
If I see one more of you people be not satisfied with you shampoo and not ordering from J.R. Liggett's I will come smack everyone of you.

noxious.sunshine
07-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Wth is Jr liggets?

escobert
07-12-2013, 11:32 PM
I have no issues with my hair because I use J.R. Liggett's 100% all natural hand made bar shampoo! No need for a conditioner and there are many types for many types of hair! doesn't strip the natural oils from your hair so there is no need to use a synthetic conditioner to put oils back in that have been stripped. it's 100% biodegradable can be used shaving and to even wash clothes! Hell, you can brush your teeth with it if you want.

http://jrliggett.com/

also:

http://jrliggett.com/why/letters.html feedback we've received.

also you all should use it because I make it :p

But, I used to use Organix that one I know Shorty had mentioned and loved that. but godamn, J.R.Liggett's is the best thing I have eve seen. It seriously works for any hair and length, we've even had customers say they believe our Tea Tree & Hemp formula helps with their balding.

Roogle purchased some a few months ago and said he loved it but, I'll leave any definitive views from him, for him to add if he wishes.

also no animal testing unless you count me and my friend as animals :/

Pumpkin
07-13-2013, 03:23 AM
Have you tried using a curl booster and just letting it be curly?

I need a split end repairer . Baaad.

If I'm going to make an effort, I'd rather it be straight.

noxious.sunshine
07-13-2013, 04:11 AM
Right, I'd love for my hair to even -hold- a curl, but it's naturally stick straight. I can put a curling iron to it on the highest heat level and hold it there for 20 minutes/chunk of hair, and it'll look -awesome-

..... For 5 minutes. Then the curls fall out and it's straight again. I even had a perm in 1st grade.. And no joke, I was the coolest girl ever for like 3 days, but then it fell out and I wasn't cool anymore. My hair just refuses to stay curly when I want it to, so I kinda gave up and I just blow dry it straight then tease the back to get a bump. IDK what it is... I guess my hair is too heavy in general. Like, it's -thick- - as in, I have a lot of hair, but at the same time, it's fine. IDK.. It's hard to explain. lol

Maybe get a Chi? I know they're expensive in the stores, but you could get one on eBay for cheapo, I'm sure. Either way, I hear they work absolute wonders. I've heard nothing but good things about the Chi straightener.

Laddy
07-13-2013, 04:13 AM
My hair provides shade for those passing through the desert.

Dignified Pauper
07-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah. Kalen's got vacuumed up by my sister. I have an issue with that! Kal was so upset. :(

I sort of feel bad that I don't do anything with that all that hair but leave it in it's original packaging in a box in the boiler cabinet. I mean, when people send you hair, are you supposed to do anything creative with it or something? I don't even know. I feel people have gone to great efforts to send me something and all that's come out of it is the ongoing EoFF joke about how I clone people. Maybe I should clone them. Can I turn their hair into a kidney and send it to them so they have, like, a spare? Or something?

I'm surprised you're not making voodoo dolls.

Dat Matt
07-13-2013, 06:47 PM
My hair is like the Middle East, it has a lot of oil :jess:

I believe I've got the same issue. I tend to wash/ condition my hair once every two days, but for some reason during summer my hair is super oily after one day, rather than two. This does not happen in winter. Must just be the heat.

Then again I don't care about my hair, it just does it's own thing. We cool.