PDA

View Full Version : Waffles, Pancakes, and French Toast

Pumpkin
07-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Which is your favorite? I like them all, in different ways.

I always make my pancakes from scratch, which takes a bit of effort, and I'm awful at flipping the darn things so I need to make mini-pancakes. But they taste great. A restaurant removes the hassle of making them. I like mine with generous amounts of syrup and generous amounts of butter.

Waffles I have never made from scratch, I've had them at restaurants and the frozen kind. I like the chocolate chip ones and the blueberry ones the most. Also with generous amounts of butter and syrup.

French toast are easy and quick to make. Also pretty cheap. Ans very delicious. I make mine with cinnamon. If I'm eating them at home I use syrup, but at a restaurant I also use butter.

I would say my favorite overall is French Toast, but its a tough choice.

Loony BoB
07-12-2013, 04:46 PM
French Toast, although it really depends on my mood. I do love pancakes (crepes) with lemon sauce and sugar... not so much a fan of the other kind of pancakes (pikelets).

Night Fury
07-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Pancakes. And by that I mean Crepes. With lemon juice and sugar - amazeballs.

Denmark
07-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Pancakes are way too heavy for me to eat more than like 1 or 1.5 (depending on the size of the pancakes, I can possibly make it up to 2). I'm talking American pancakes here, not crepes.

I like waffles, but they're not my favorite.

French toast is where it's at for me. I still can't eat all that much of it, but I enjoy them far more than pancakes. Now I want to make french toast :(

Pike
07-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Mmmmmm this is a toughie but I'm gonna have to go with waffles.

IHOP :drool:

Denmark
07-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Mmmmmm this is a toughie but I'm gonna have to go with waffles.

IHOP :drool:

> IHOP
> Waffles

lolwat

I've been to Waffle House many times and never had one of their waffles. It's very strange. (90% of those times I had the drunk munchies and wanted salty food so I went with hash browns)

Pumpkin
07-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I go to Waffle House every Sunday :jess:. I would say maybe 1/5 times I get a Waffle. I usually get the bacon egg and cheese sandwich or the sausage egg and cheese sandwich.

Pike
07-12-2013, 05:15 PM
My IHOP statement and waffles statement weren't related, I'm just talking about amazing breakfasts in general.

Main Street Over Easy :drool:

Ulster Fry :drool:

Shorty
07-12-2013, 05:20 PM
STUFFED FRENCH TOAST PIKEY IHOP FTW

Waffles and french toast are really tied for me. But I voted for waffles anyway.

Pike
07-12-2013, 05:27 PM
Waffles - Weebl's Stuff (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/Waffles/)

Chris
07-12-2013, 09:16 PM
http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a413/tasteandexperience/IMG_7676.jpg

Shorty
07-12-2013, 09:17 PM
did moses just part the red sea

Chris
07-12-2013, 09:19 PM
If I die choking on that, I wouldn't mind it if you were the culprit. It is SO delicious.

Shorty
07-12-2013, 09:20 PM
That doesn't even make sense, but I'll forgive it because I think we are actually agreeing on something.

Jinx
07-13-2013, 12:21 AM
I love all three in different wasy, but French Toast takes it for me.

Depression Moon
07-13-2013, 12:37 AM
French Toast is the best, but only if I'm the one making them or my mother. Every restaurant I've been to seems to fuck them up. They're too soft. They should have a little bit of crisp.

Shlup
07-13-2013, 12:51 AM
WAAAAFFFLLLLEEEEEEESSSS!! I'm gonna go have some waffles right now. Pancakes are okay too. I do not like French toast though.

Flaming Ice
07-13-2013, 03:47 AM
I really like waffles and pancakes but waffles are probably the best because of their crispier texture....Hate crepes...I like thick pancakes.

noxious.sunshine
07-13-2013, 04:34 PM
I hate Waffle House.

But damnit their Bacon Philly Cheese Steak is the bomb diggity.

I'm not really into syrup, so if I do have something, it'll be a toasted whole wheat waffle with cream cheese or peanut butter on it. Like Shion, though, I -do- make homemade pancakes for my daughter and boyfriend.

I love French Toast, but again, syrup. I don't eat a lot of sweet stuff anymore.

fire_of_avalon
07-15-2013, 06:04 AM
WAAAAFFFLLLLEEEEEEESSSS!! I'm gonna go have some waffles right now. Pancakes are okay too. I do not like French toast though.

There's something wrong with you.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-17-2013, 06:33 PM
I have a kickass pancake recipe. Like legit pancakes, not crepes. THEY ARE DIFFERENT. Crepes are flat and do not rise, pancakes rise to be fluffily delicious. Sadly, I am a betrayer of the maple leaf and prefer syrup over maple syrup.

Waffles are good too, but I do not have a waffle iron so :/

Been ages since I had French Toast, though I do love a good pain perdu.

Inferno
07-17-2013, 06:45 PM

With real maple butter and real maple syrup... it's the best breakfast ever

Formalhaut
07-18-2013, 02:53 AM
I have a kickass pancake recipe.

Then that's the perfect recipe to go into the EoFF cookbook (http://home.eyesonff.com/quinas-kitchen/151215-eyes-final-fantasy-cookbook.html)!

Shlup
07-19-2013, 05:46 AM

I'm just like "What asshole soaked my bread in eggs?" So gross.

Agent Proto
07-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Yesterday my mom and I went to eat at IHOP. I ordered waffles and chicken and my mom was all "Why are you getting that?" and I tell her, "I wanted chicken and waffles," and she tells me that I'm weird...

seriously?

Flaming Ice
07-21-2013, 01:45 AM
I have a kickass pancake recipe.

Then that's the perfect recipe to go into the EoFF cookbook (http://home.eyesonff.com/quinas-kitchen/151215-eyes-final-fantasy-cookbook.html)!

Not if it's going to kick you! :eek:

Shlup
07-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Did you explain to your mother that there are entire restaurants built around the combination of chicken and waffles?

fire_of_avalon
07-21-2013, 04:56 AM

I'm just like "What asshole soaked my bread in eggs?" So gross.
The answer is this asshole. This asshole right here.

Yesterday my mom and I went to eat at IHOP. I ordered waffles and chicken and my mom was all "Why are you getting that?" and I tell her, "I wanted chicken and waffles," and she tells me that I'm weird...

seriously?

No, chicken and waffles is amazing.

Agent Proto
07-21-2013, 05:20 AM
It was freaking amazing indeed. I poured the syrup all over the waffles and chicken and dabbed hot sauce over the chicken to add some extra flavor. My mom continued to tell me that I'm being weird though. :(

Jinx
07-21-2013, 01:24 PM
To be fair, putting syrup on chicken is pretty fucking weird.

Shorty
07-21-2013, 05:36 PM
I can't do chicken and waffles.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-21-2013, 06:52 PM
I like when the chicken has hot spices in the breading. It sets off the syrup really well! :hyper:

Denmark
07-21-2013, 06:57 PM
I had a waffle from Waffle House today. It was okay.

snacks
07-21-2013, 07:28 PM
french toast plz

Pumpkin
07-22-2013, 05:08 AM
Chicken and Waffles is weird.

noxious.sunshine
07-22-2013, 07:32 PM
I don't know that I could do chicken & waffles.

There's a place in my 'hood called Hot Stuff - they do "Nashville-style" fried chicken, meaning, you better get mild if you don't like spicy 'cuz even the medium is pretty hot & the hot & xtra hot ... MAN. I thought I was gonna have ulcers or something. They go up to like XXXtra Hot or so.. I don't wanna know. But they serve it with a slice of white bread and a couple of pickle slices toothpicked to the chicken. Sooooo good, but soooo spicy.

Rantz
07-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Chicken and waffles always struck me as the most bizarre combination ever, but I'd give it a shot if I ever got the opportunity (again, I did go to IHOP once in the US but went with a more Traditional American Experience™).

Waffles, pancakes and French toast are all bloody amazing and anybody who tries to make me choose is getting gobsmacked.

When Shorty visited we made German pancakes with buttermilk syrup and that shit was divine.

Jinx
07-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I don't even understand how chicken and waffles are eaten. Do you just eat them in the same meal? Are you supposed to put syrup on them? Do you put the chicken on top of the waffle like a topping? Fold the chicken in the waffle like a sandwich?

I really don't know. I've never had it. Someone enlighten me.

Shorty
07-22-2013, 08:39 PM
When Shorty visited we made German pancakes with buttermilk syrup and that shit was divine.

AND THEN THE LEFTOVERS WERE EQUALLY AS DIVINE

Flaming Ice
07-22-2013, 09:26 PM
I don't even understand how chicken and waffles are eaten. Do you just eat them in the same meal? Are you supposed to put syrup on them? Do you put the chicken on top of the waffle like a topping? Fold the chicken in the waffle like a sandwich?

I really don't know. I've never had it. Someone enlighten me.

Me neither but this looks absolutely horrid ...vomit time.....

http://gluttonize.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/chicken-waffles2.jpg

http://www.mightysweet.com/mesohungry/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Chicken-and-Waffle-Man.jpg

Agent Proto
07-23-2013, 06:05 AM
I don't know. The chicken and waffles I had was basically 4 slices of waffles and 4 chicken strips in the same meal. I just ate them separately with no combining the two. Though I did pour syrup over the strips.

http://www.ihop.com/menus/main-menu/belgian-waffles/-/media/ihop/MenuItems/Belgian%20Waffles/Chicken_Waffles/Chicken_Waffles.png?mh=367