PDA

View Full Version : Nailpolish

Pumpkin
07-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Do you like to wear nailpolis? Do you like your lady friend to wear nailpolish?

I'm finally growing my nails out again (slow progress, takes me about 3 weeks). My boyfriend and I make a bonding exercise out of my nailpolish. He picks what it will be for the week. I also only paint my left hand :P.

This week is white with a red maple leaf on my thumb.

Loony BoB
07-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Generally nonplussed. I like the art some people do, but plain nailpolish is there to make the lady happy, not me. Just don't stick your nails into me and we'll be fine.

Night Fury
07-12-2013, 04:48 PM
I wear nail polish very often, I'm sad though because I had to throw out a lot because it went all icky and some I just gave to my sis and housemate because I can't take it all.

Still taking like 10 shades of pink though.

My nails are bare atm, but I'll be doing em in red before I leave!

Pike
07-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Do you like to wear nailpolis?

No.

Never worn it in my life and never plan to.

Denmark
07-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Generally nonplussed. I like the art some people do, but plain nailpolish is there to make the lady happy, not me. Just don't stick your nails into me and we'll be fine.

I agree with this. Doesn't make a difference either way. Just don't paint my nails and we're fine.

Calliope
07-12-2013, 05:22 PM
I own four or five colours of nailpolish, which I may soon throw away. I like painting things so I do like painting my nails on occasion, but I couldn't be bothered to do it regularly. Painted toenails strike me as grotesque.

Lonely Paper Star
07-12-2013, 05:22 PM
I love wearing nail polish. When I'm bored and have a lot of time, I try to do something somewhat creative, like make gradients with different colors and stuff or draw something (haven't done that lately though).

But when I'm lazy, I just paint them with one color except for a random nail on each hand, which I paint some different color that coordinates with the main one.

My favorite shade of polish (although I'm not wearing it now) is Teal We Meet Again from Sephora/OPI. :cool:

Shorty
07-12-2013, 05:28 PM
I do sometimes. It's usually teal, mint or a light shade of pink. I'm not very fussed over my nails at all, though.

Sephex
07-12-2013, 07:25 PM

No.

Not even for...achievement points? :cool:

Faris
07-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Yes sometimes I like to be girly and pamper myself. I really need to do my nails again. If only I wasn't so lazy and fidgety!

Still taking like 10 shades of pink though.

There are 10 shades of pink? :|

Pike
07-12-2013, 07:49 PM

No.

Cheevos are for casuals :zombert:

Sephex
07-12-2013, 07:53 PM

No.

Cheevos are for casuals :zombert:

How I imagine Pike right now:

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/marine-yelling-at-football-player-gif.gif

Rebellious Eagle
07-12-2013, 08:30 PM
I can't paint my own nails well at all so I let my friends do it for me. Last night my friend painted my nails with a reverse French manicure and little hearts on the tips of each of my nails. :D

Chris
07-12-2013, 09:17 PM
This is a horrible invention.

Mirage
07-12-2013, 10:40 PM
I sometimes put some on for the weekends, but I kind of have to remove it before i go to work on monday anyway, so I don't spend all that much time applying it. I usually use a peach-pink-ish color, or just one that is transparent and noncolored, for that shiny look but nothing else.

Miriel
07-12-2013, 11:21 PM
I do my own nails on and off. Sometimes I'll do it every single week and other times I'll go 6 months without doing them.

But there is something incredibly relaxing and therapeutic about getting your nails done, even if you're doing it yourself. It's like painting on a miniature scale. I did color block nails the other week and then followed that up with a glitter fade. What should I do this week??

Shorty
07-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Galaxy nails!

Oh man, I want teal galaxy nails.

Shiny
07-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Usually no. I tend to only paint my talons for special occasions and it's normally candy red or some shade or green. I will paint my toes more often than my nails during the summer when I plan on bein barefoot in public. No one needs to see my new weird random mole on my toenail.

Night Fury
07-12-2013, 11:24 PM
I do my own nails on and off. Sometimes I'll do it every single week and other times I'll go 6 months without doing them.

But there is something incredibly relaxing and therapeutic about getting your nails done, even if you're doing it yourself. It's like painting on a miniature scale. I did color block nails the other week and then followed that up with a glitter fade. What should I do this week??

Ombre Nails

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me4igcy2X41qfp5jso1_500.jpg

Miriel
07-12-2013, 11:29 PM
That looks hard. :(

Shorty
07-12-2013, 11:46 PM
The Dainty Squid has amazing tutorials on nails. Plus, she's the cutest thing ever.

The Dainty Squid: nails (http://www.thedaintysquid.com/search/label/nails)

You just cut tape with scrapbook scissors on whatever design you want, place them on your nails, paint, repeat!

escobert
07-12-2013, 11:49 PM
I don't care. as long as they aren't some stupid hideous color. Or colors that just don't go together.

Jinx
07-12-2013, 11:55 PM
UGH I HATE THAT TREND OF PAINTING ONE NAIL DIFFERENT THAN ALL OF THE OTHER NAILS

IT'S SO STUPID

WHY DO GIRLS DO IT

SERIOUSLY

Denmark
07-12-2013, 11:56 PM
UGH I HATE THAT TREND OF PAINTING ONE NAIL DIFFERENT THAN ALL OF THE OTHER NAILS

IT'S SO STUPID

WHY DO GIRLS DO IT

SERIOUSLY

for dat accent nail swagga

Shorty
07-13-2013, 12:01 AM
I do it with mint and teal! I give no fucks.

escobert
07-13-2013, 12:01 AM

IT'S SO STUPID

WHY DO GIRLS DO IT

SERIOUSLY

for dat accent nail swagga

Secretly We Are Gay Guys Again?

Mirage
07-13-2013, 01:00 AM

Ombre Nails

Yeah see, I'd totally spend all that time it would take to do something like that if I could just keep it on for more than a couple of days.

Rebellious Eagle
07-13-2013, 03:50 AM

Ombre Nails

My friend tried those on me with a makeup sponge and it turned out nothing like that...I wonder how they did those nails so perfectly o.o