PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Achievement Awards Summer 2013

Queen Award, First of Her Name
07-12-2013, 07:37 PM
It’s that time of year when we recognize the contribution of some members who have helped build and shape EoFF, not over the past 6 months, but over the course of their entire membership – which in some cases is over a decade. Some of these members no longer post very much, but they are still remembered.

Which means I have the great honor of presenting a Lifetime Achievement Award to none other than:

RSL

RSL was one of the original moderating team back when EoFF was first started, all the way back in 1999. He remained on staff for years after that, as a moderator and then as an admin. EoFF’s anniversary (December 5) is called RSL Day in his honor, and to this day for every Ciddies one mysterious member continues to cast a vote for RSL in every category.

Here are what some members had to say about RSL:

When I was a newbie, I found RSL to be very scary. I am not entirely sure why - perhaps a combination of the admin title and the evil looking pirate for his avatar. I learned how absolutely and monumentally wrong I was. It is an over-used word, but this is one of the very rare cases where it is justified to say that the one word to describe RSL is nice. He is a genuinely warm and personable man, and would happily make conversation to everyone, with the brand new newbie to the grouchiest of the oldbies, from the chatters of #eoff to the FF fans of the lower forums. I don't think it is possible to underestimate the importance of having such a welcoming and inclusive person on EoFF, and the good he has done for the place by simply being himself.

RSL was one of the original Cid’s Knights, who came to be one of the most well-liked staff members of his time. He was good-natured and pleasant to talk to for nearly everyone; he even put up with me when I was giving most of the staff a hard time! I’m not sure there has ever been someone so respected by all types of EoFFers, from the embittered oldbies who hated basically everyone else to hyperactive newbies who nobody else could tolerate. He was a faithful companion to EoFF for many years, second only to his undying loyalty to the oft-maligned Detroit Lions. I certainly miss having him around to talk to, especially in the fantasy football league.

RSL, you are missed, but still appreciated.

Okay RSL is pretty much the nicest guy in the entire world at EoFF at least and he never did anything wrong ever. He was respected and loved by pretty much everyone. Seriously the guy is golden. And also a teddy bear. I knew him for years and not once ever could I ever say a bad thing about him. I wish I could be a little more like RSL. I love that guy. I miss him.

RSL - he's got a good heart and a good soul, and he's been dearly missed around these parts for a while now. In his time, he did a great job at bridging divides and linking parts of the community together with his sincerity and honesty. I never got to know him terribly well (like many) but I always respected him a lot. Obviously life has taken him in a different direction, but it was nice to see him check back in. It definitely gave me the warm 'n' fuzzies seeing his name back on the Users List.

Congratulations, RSL. It’s a bit late, but has been warranted for a long time. EoFF wouldn’t have been the same without you.

07-12-2013, 07:37 PM
The next Lifetime Award was meant to go to Del Murder. But when I solicited quotes about Del to put in this award, I found that, well, nobody had a single good thing to say about him. I almost just scrapped the whole idea out of embarrassment for Del, but then I decided that the rest of you really should be aware of who Del Murder really is. And so I made up a new Lifetime Award just for this occasion.

Thus, I reluctantly present EoFF’s first ever:

Lifetime Loser Award: Del Murder

Del Murder has been around for over a decade, and been on staff for most of that. It sounds like he’s done a lot for EoFF, right? Wrong. It turns out that the only thing he does is sit around making one-line posts that he thinks are witty and pretending that he has any real authority.

Here is a sample of what people had to say about Del Murder. It isn’t pretty.

There are many ways to qualify as a valuable staff member. Frequent frontsite contributions, technical knowledge, moderating activity, just to name a few. Del Murder is something of a Jack of all trades - he put a whopping three articles on the frontsite this year, and he has been known to ask members what browser they use when they ask for help in Feedback. Looking at his moderator log, he's even stickied and unstickied a few threads this year. Well, maybe you're reading this and thinking his talents lie elsewhere. You're right! He has a great second account which he posts with every other month or so about how much he loves food. Where would be without such contributions? Del Murder, ladies and gentlemen.

My god, Del. He’s made over 30,000 posts on EoFF (not including any purged ones from back in the day), and what does he have to show for it? A title? He’s married for christ sake and still would rather stroke his ego on EoFF by showing how much more clever he is than a bunch of teenagers. It gets him all hot and bothered when someone reps a post of his that makes fun of Psychotic. Hell, that’s probably the only time he can get it up. EoFF doesn’t need Del; Del needs EoFF.

I don't know what Award Pimp hopes to gain from giving Del Murder a new award - he doesn't have any room for it in his home. The man has to store his gigantic ego somewhere... come to think of it, I actually think his self-importance shows up as a landmark on Google maps. Still, given how much he will gladly strip to his panties and grind on anyone who gives the slightest suggestion of voting him for Best Admin, maybe this even more prestigious award will finally make him stop telling us how amazing he is... well, a man can dream.

But no, seriously, Tony is a great guy and I do so love to read his posts, because it's always refreshing to read Miriel's opinion twice. I jest, of course, his lovely wife does let him think for himself every now and then. At least, I assume the famously ban-happy Miriel is not the kind who would require a member to post six snow penises, murder Cid's Wife and be Loony BoB's grandmother before possibly considering sending them a sternly worded PM asking them if they would like to think about what they've done.

Congratulations on your award!

Del Murder is a dick and he is far more get-in-the-way Shinra tha anyone I have ever known on staff. That little four eyed smurfer just lives to say "I disagree with Nick", I swear it. He's all rich and he still won't even buy a bloody decent PC for FFXIV, I mean, I'm tight but this guy may as well be a hanging noose. Guy's bad news every day.

(no, I have no idea what half of that means either)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/zoidbergaway/superdelete_zpsda2da82d.png

So, um, congratulations, I guess, Del Murder, on your award. Can you do us all a favor and shut up now?

Pike
07-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Ahahahaha "Lifetime Loser Award"

Congrats to RSL and also to Murd :cheers:

Formalhaut
07-12-2013, 07:40 PM
I want to find out who that mysterious member is who votes for RSL. Great selection Pimp! And I'm laughing at Del's award. :p

Roll on Saturday! YEAH!

Faris
07-12-2013, 07:42 PM
RSL RSL RSL RSL :D

Congrats to Del Murder for somehow surviving all those years.

Agent Proto
07-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Ah, poor Del.

Congrats to both him and RSL.

Pumpkin
07-12-2013, 07:45 PM
:plumcheer::peachdance::party::cheers:

Shorty
07-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Congratulations, Murder! You're awesome and you deserve this.

Sephex
07-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Inb4 Sam complains about not getting either award. ;)

07-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Ok, as you probably guessed (unless you’re Shorty), the last “award” was a little joking fun at Del’s expense. We can’t go letting his ego get too big, can we?

But Del really has done a lot for EoFF, so here’s the real post for the actual Lifetime Achievement Award.

Del Murder

Del Murder really has been around for a long time, and is one of the longest-running staff members in EoFF history. He was made a Cid’s Knight something like a decade ago, and has been an admin for years.

Here is what some other members have had to say about Del.

Del does what he want. You have problem?

Before I joined staff, I used to think Del was just some old fogey staffer. 4-5 years later, however long it's been, I know better. It's not always apparent outwardly and he's not one to boast, but he's a real driving force on staff - you could call him BoB's good twin. He always keeps things moving forward when they threaten to stagnate, provides good sense in any discussion (a function that is often sorely needed), and is always there to remind us not to take ourselves too seriously, which is perhaps the most vital task of all. In other words, throughout the years he's spent countless hours behind the scenes keeping us all above water, and even sane to some degree (ha, as if), which is a duty I wouldn't wish on anyone, but Del makes it all look like a breeze. Thanks, dude!

When Del Murder first registered, “Del” referred to Del Snizz. Considering what a major personality Snizz was, it speaks to Del’s own personality that “Del” quickly started referring to Murder instead. Del has been on staff for around a decade, and unlike Shlup some other losers, has not temporarily stepped down from his position at some point. He is a force in the staff forum as well as in public, and has had a massive impact on EoFF during his tenure. Even now, he is an active contact with Square-Enix and helps to get and organize many of the giveaways EoFF has held, and he remains a consistently active poster. There are not many people who have had the influence over EoFF that Del has had, and certainly not for that length of time.

At least I can beat him in fantasy football (you got lucky last year, chump!).

I don't doubt many people will comment on Tony's dry sense of humour and his ability to effortlessly switch between serious and facetious, qualities that he most definitely has in abundance and I admire. There are other things that make him great that perhaps don't get attention. I've always found it ironic that he sports the hot-headed Sonny for an avatar, because he is the most calm and rational person on this damn website. He never loses his temper, he never rages... I think if you were to hold a gun to his head, he would still remain as calm as a Hindu cow.

He is also a tireless worker for this forum, the obvious recent area he has worked on being liasing with DE and arranging contests and giveaways, but he also maintains a high level of activity across every area of EoFF, combining both quality and quantity. As a person, in addition to his aforementioned zen level of calm, he possesses a real raw intelligence and an intuitive feel for turning issues that have been complex into the very simple. It has been a pleasure to work with the man for the past seven years.

Murd and I haven't always seen eye to eye on things and sometimes it might seem we're at loggerheads, but I have always respected that bugger. I made him my co-admin at Aiyon for a good reason and that reasoning hasn't changed one bit. I always knew the guy was right for admin roles and he hasn't let EoFF down, ever. Guy's class, for any kind of situation. Deserves this award a lot.

Raistlin nudged me about writing a little blurb for the member up for the Lifetime Achievement Ciddie this year and I couldn't say no.

This member is someone I look up to both on the forums and as a member of staff. He's done an unbelievably incredible job of coordinating conferences and giveaways, not to mention trying to build a stronger rapport between Eyes on Final Fantasy and Square Enix in general which has without a doubt had a phenomenal impact on our little forum here. This member has written some great articles in the past few months (check out the frontsite, nerds!), he comes up with great ideas and feedback for other members' ideas and I find myself considering how he might mediate a conflict or issue that might come up on the forums and how he would handle it (and sometimes I don't, as are some recent examples in staff). And I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't appreciate his little one-liners and quips jabbing at various members when they deserve it (myself included).

The person receiving this award truly deserves it. He's put an awful lot of work into our community not only this past six months, but during the entirety of his time here at Eyes on FF. He's a great poster, a good member and overall a delight to work with. I can safely and confidently say that Eyes on FF would not be the same without him.

Huh? Del Murder is an okay guy, too, I guess. What? Gobo isn't the one getting this award? Cut. CUT. STOP ROLLING.

T-Money is like a rap game Strom Thurmond cuz he's discriminatin' on the beat.

He got less beef than a Taco Bell meal but he still keep it crunchy.

I once saw him rescue a litter of dumbass puppies who got caught up in a tree. They moms ran off so he breast fed 'em til they was big enough. They went on to star in all them Air Bud movies. And that's a true damn story, you can take it to the bank.

Around here, he's like a rap game tampon dispenser. Cuz you know he pull all the strings.

I ain't ever had to fight him, I mean I prolly wouldn't cuz - you seen his face? He's got a pretty-ass face. I mean, I know I could whoop his ass; I could whoop your ass, too, really I could get anyone here who needs a good ass-whoopin'. But what I'm sayin' here is, is, that I got too much damn RESPECT for him to ever do that.

But he know, and y'all know, and everybody know, you never cross that line with me. Never. Cuz I'm like a rap game pistol. I will shoot you.

If you want to use this as an addendum to what I sent you, I will in total seriousness say that I think he's a great guy. He's done a wonderful job of staying active and taking on a leadership role while leaving the fora to be largely self-governing. I think the landscape of this place would be a lot different in a bad way had he not stayed around all these years and so his achievement award is absolutely justified and well-earned.

Del Murder, a man, who Enforces a plan
To make Eyeson a home for the wayward.
When you see him you'll know, he's has great command
And they say he looks a bit like Ben Stiller
OooOooooOOOOOoooo he Enforces the members of Eyeson.

He works with the Staff, cutting the good from the chaff
He brings drive and sensibility to our table
For the community, he cares and often he bears
Disagreements and devotion to the old ways.

It makes BoB ponder.
It really makes BoB ponder.

If you're a nasty little eel he might make you keel
if you violate our rules egregiously.
But if you're having a laugh he's a reasonable chap
and he's liable to play your game better.

It makes BoB ponder.
It really makes BoB ponder.

You may think him obdurate, rigid, stern, or strict
but I'd have to advise you don't know trout.
In truth, Del takes pause for EoFFers loyal to the cause
He'll hear you out if you're not a douche.

If there's a spammer in your usernotes, from the early aughts
Perhaps it was Del and his old Brigade.
But that time has now passed by, and now, in the long run
Del's made his mark as a great leader

So BoB don't wonder.

Cause if you bring bulltrout to our forums, in case you don't know,
Del will ask you to knock it off.
If you continue your baloney, woe is you-oney
Enforcement will be your fate, you poor Jabroni.

AND AS YOU'RE THROWN IN THE BAN-HOLE
WITH USERS WORSE THAN YOU COULD KNOW
THERE STALKS DEL MURDER ON THE ROW
ENFORCING CHUMPS AND ALL BUTTHOLES
BUT HE HAS A HEART OF GOOOLD
AND IF YOU'RE GOOD AND YOU OBEY
THE RULES OF EYESON DAY TO DAY
HIS CHARMS WILL STAVE OFF HARM'S WAAAAAAAAeeYEA
SO IN HIS GRACES STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

As our Enforcer protects all of Eyeson

From my very first days on EoFF over a decade ago, Del Murder has always stood out as the most consistently witty, intelligent, and just plain interesting posters. I wasn't joking when I said that all his posts are like precious little jewels, because I really do feel like EoFF is elevated every time Del Murder posts, or contributes a rhyme or runs an event. From a behind the scenes perspective, I've personally seen how he approaches nearly everything to do with EoFF with a sense of fun and levity. Everything from his silly post-a-thread-in-every-forum venture, to his side adventures with Quina, to the April Fool's pranks, he's just added so much fun to the culture of EoFF. I think that some of his best attributes were showcased in the staff forum, where his levelheadedness combined with his penchant for mischief and fun could really shine. On a personal level, he is the very best person I know and I am a million times grateful for having gotten to know him as a friend through EoFF and then later exchange mountains of PMs as boyfriend/girlfriend, the little reign we had together as Cid's Knight & Admin, and now I get to call him my husband. That's pretty damn rad, if you ask me. Love you Del Murder. <3

Congratulations, Del. It is well-earned, and we all hope you continue to add to EoFF for a long time to come.

Pike
07-12-2013, 08:06 PM
MURD

THIS IS IMPORTANT

THE REASON THEY'RE NOT QUOTING ANYTHING BY ME IS BECAUSE RAISTLIN STRAIGHT UP NEVER ASKED ME

I STILL LOVE YOU BRO

Madame Adequate
07-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Yeah same bro Raist was just like "Whatever you're not good enough to talk about Tone" and :(

Raistlin
07-12-2013, 08:22 PM
1. Daniel was the one who asked people to submit quotes, not me. :p

2. I don't think everyone on staff or who knows a person is ever told ahead of time. That would ruin the surprise! Only 6-10 people are told about it.

Pike
07-12-2013, 08:24 PM
1. Daniel was the one who asked people to submit quotes, not me. :p

BOB :argh:

Shauna
07-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Congrats guys, you deserve it. :3

Rantz
07-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Ahahahaha foa's song

Good going for real dudes. Del Murder is my favourite everything ever. And RSL gave me my third usernote.

escobert
07-12-2013, 11:05 PM
They are both evil and have ruined EoFF forever!

Miriel
07-12-2013, 11:11 PM
MURD

THIS IS IMPORTANT

THE REASON THEY'RE NOT QUOTING ANYTHING BY ME IS BECAUSE RAISTLIN STRAIGHT UP NEVER ASKED ME

I STILL LOVE YOU BRO

Well, this here WIFE actually submitted something and Award Poop Head didn't even use it. WHAT.

Since Award Poop didn't deem it good enough to post, I'll post it myself!

:love::love::love:
From my very first days on EoFF over a decade ago, Del Murder has always stood out as the most consistently witty, intelligent, and just plain interesting posters. I wasn't joking when I said that all his posts are like precious little jewels, because I really do feel like EoFF is elevated every time Del Murder posts, or contributes a rhyme or runs an event. From a behind the scenes perspective, I've personally seen how he approaches nearly everything to do with EoFF with a sense of fun and levity. Everything from his silly post-a-thread-in-every-forum venture, to his side adventures with Quina, to the April Fool's pranks, he's just added so much fun to the culture of EoFF. I think that some of his best attributes were showcased in the staff forum, where his levelheadedness combined with his penchant for mischief and fun could really shine. On a personal level, he is the very best person I know and I am a million times grateful for having gotten to know him as a friend through EoFF and then later exchange mountains of PMs as boyfriend/girlfriend, the little reign we had together as Cid's Knight & Admin, and now I get to call him my husband. That's pretty damn rad, if you ask me. Love you Del Murder. <3

:love::love::love:

Raistlin
07-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Oh trout, I could've sworn I included your comments with the real award post. It must've cut off when I copied/pasted from the list of quotes ahaha sorry. xD I'll add it in.

EDIT: I mean, obviously I didn't include it because it's just too sappy and mushy and lovey for EoFF. Get that crap out of here! :colbert:

Loony BoB
07-12-2013, 11:46 PM
DISCLAIMER: May have been (ie, was) drunk when passing on my quotes via chat.

EDIT: Oh, you specified that. Whoops. Well, still drunk now so not too much to add, but congratulations you guys, you definitely deserved it <3

Del Murder
07-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Is it wrong to say Drunk Loony BoB is my favorite Loony BoB?

(Thanks everyone. :love:)

Jiro
07-13-2013, 02:12 AM
Congrats to Pa Murd, what a legend.

DanielCLFFF13
07-13-2013, 02:52 AM
Congatulations Del Murder :)

Del Murder
07-13-2013, 03:00 AM
Thank you, DanielCLFFF13.

DanielCLFFF13
07-13-2013, 03:04 AM
Thank you, DanielCLFFF13.
Anytime :)

Calliope
07-13-2013, 06:01 AM
Del Murder sent me a message and I thought it was going to be commenting on what I submitted Award Pimp for the speeches, but it wasn't, because apparently my contribution was omitted. Instead, I got this:

Your signature is 7, count em', 7 pixels over the height limit. It's 257 when the limit is 250. As a forums moderator I have no choice but to warn you that if you do not correct this atrocity I will be forced to banish you from here forever and also take all your stuff. How could you do this? Has anyone thought about the children?

:(

Seriously, the dude just won a goddamn lifetime achievement award and he's nitpicking about sig pixels on a Friday night. I think I'm going to cry.

Raistlin
07-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Del Murder sent me a message and I thought it was going to be commenting on what I submitted Award Pimp for the speeches, but it wasn't, because apparently my contribution was omitted.

The only contribution that I got from BoB with your name on it was the eestlinc post screenshot, which I included into the joke award post because it was funnier.

Del Murder
07-13-2013, 07:07 AM
What is this world coming to if our sigs no longer fit into arbitrary pixel limits? What's next, gay people getting married?

Calliope
07-13-2013, 07:10 AM
That was next on my agenda, yes. There's a gay pride parade here on Sunday. Tomorrow is the Sig Pixel Pride Parade. VOTE YES ON 257!

DanielCLFFF13
07-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Oh yeah I forgot something.
Congratulations RSL :)
And Congratulations to all the winners :)

I Don't Need A Name
07-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Quite disappointed that eestlinc didn't get the final word in the real post, but still. Congratulations guys! :bigsmile:

Flying Mullet
07-13-2013, 12:53 PM
MURD

THIS IS IMPORTANT

I STILL LOVE YOU BRO
If it makes you feel any better I was asked and forgot to send anything...

I'm sorry Del, you deserve better than this. :-(

And knowing only 6-10 people were contacted I feel twice as bad because someone else could have sent in Del love in my stead.

Shorty
07-13-2013, 01:31 PM
You nerds can still post speeches and/or nice things you would have said! It doesn't even have to be nice!

Flying Mullet
07-13-2013, 03:42 PM
You nerds can still post speeches and/or nice things you would have said! It doesn't even have to be nice!

In that case, Shorty smells like pickles.
Oh, you meant Del...

Raistlin
07-13-2013, 04:30 PM
This was Calliope's second submission (I added a link so you newbies would know wtf she was talking about):

One time, I went to a nightclub and got wasted, and then climbed to the top of a speaker stack and shouted the lyrics to Del Murder's "Without Spam" (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/22138-without-spam-greatest-song-parody-ever-self-proclaimed.html) shortly before passing out. People looked confused and wondered who Proto was.

Del has obviously had quite the impact on people.

Madame Adequate
07-13-2013, 04:42 PM
The amount of money I would have paid to witness that defies computation.

Leeza
07-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Congratulations RSL and Del. You are both very deserving of this award. :)

I was asked to tell the world what a sore loser you are Del, but I just couldn't come up with anything. So sorry. :)

Aulayna
07-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Del Murder sent me a message and I thought it was going to be commenting on what I submitted Award Pimp for the speeches, but it wasn't, because apparently my contribution was omitted. Instead, I got this:

Your signature is 7, count em', 7 pixels over the height limit. It's 257 when the limit is 250. As a forums moderator I have no choice but to warn you that if you do not correct this atrocity I will be forced to banish you from here forever and also take all your stuff. How could you do this? Has anyone thought about the children?

:(

Seriously, the dude just won a goddamn lifetime achievement award and he's nitpicking about sig pixels on a Friday night. I think I'm going to cry.

After consulting with the council of myself, I hereby declare that his award has been revoked for this heinousness...ness.

Yamaneko
07-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Congrats to RSL of course. I hope everything is going well with you, wherever you may be. :)

However, this is for my friend, Tony. There was something typed out a week ago or whenever I was asked to do this, but I decided against it because I didn't want to make his worse half jealous. This I swear. Borderline creepy stuff. I'll keep it simple and distill what was a small dissertation into something fit to be shared between two heterosexual men.

Tony is a great guy and always has been as long as I've known him. The thing I admire most about him is that unlike some of us, he never took the easy road by engaging in constant sarcasm and cynicism with this thing called Eyes on and the greater social Internet hub. He made friends, learned about life and eventually found the love of his life using something I'd written off countless times due to immaturity and ultimately, lack of perspective. Tony is the best example of someone who has used this community to grow as a person in a real and lasting way. He is also the best example of someone who has given back his unique humor, friendship and time for all of us to admire and enjoy. This award is well-deserved and there has been no greater recipient.

Congratulations, T-Money. :)

Psychotic
07-16-2013, 10:34 AM
I kind of enjoyed roasting Del. Can we roast more people?

Quindiana Jones
07-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Y'know, when other staff members tell you off or edit your posts, you want to fight back a little and have a bit of banter, but when Del warns you, all you think is "You're right! I am a :bou::bou::bou::bou:!"

The Man
07-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Congrats, you two.

Raistlin
07-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Well said, Yams. Although by "worse half," do you mean Miriel or eestlinc? :p

You just need a Ciddies host with a sense of humor. So you might have to wait until Del does it again. (oh wait, we weren't starting to roast BoB now?)

In all seriousness, I think it would be a rather fun Lifetime Award tradition, at least for recipients who are still active.

Goldenboko
07-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Congrats to RSL and Del Old Man!

Loony BoB
07-16-2013, 06:22 PM

You just need a Ciddies host with a sense of humor. So you might have to wait until Del does it again. (oh wait, we weren't starting to roast BoB now?)

In all seriousness, I think it would be a rather fun Lifetime Award tradition, at least for recipients who are still active.
What, the past five or so years at EoFF haven't been my roasting? =|

Del Murder
07-17-2013, 06:34 AM
I had an idea for a roasting event a few years ago but never got the ball rolling. We should do a 'roast a staff' event. Should be fun times.

And hey Yams posted! And the real Yams too, not one of his many second accounts. Yams has been there through all my significant e-events. He's my bro to the very end.

Now we just need to dig up eestlinc and my old staff clique will be complete. And Spuuky and Ferenan while we're at it. Nicky, I assign all of these to you.

Yamaneko
07-17-2013, 07:54 AM
What is Bren up to these days?

Flying Mullet
07-17-2013, 01:40 PM

What, the past five or so years at EoFF haven't been my roasting? =|
You get an eternal roasting. :cheers:

Del Murder
07-17-2013, 02:43 PM
What is Bren up to these days?
Hopefully he will come by and tell us himself.

Calliope
07-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Now we just need to dig up eestlinc and my old staff clique will be complete. And Spuuky and Ferenan while we're at it. Nicky, I assign all of these to you.

What am I, your personal assistant? I need a raise.

Sup Stalin? You should stay a while! What are you up to these days?

PS - I just poked my head out the window and yelled "FERENAAAAAAN, WHERE ARE YOOOOOOU?" but I don't think the dude who yelled back was him -_-

Goldenboko
07-17-2013, 04:49 PM
I had an idea for a roasting event a few years ago but never got the ball rolling. We should do a 'roast a staff' event. Should be fun times.

Sounds like the EC has some work to do.

Yamaneko
07-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Sup Stalin? You should stay a while! What are you up to these days?
Taking in the sun instead of working indoors for the first summer in five or six years. Preparing for the next great adventure which I'm excited for; details forthcoming, hopefully in the next few months. Becoming borderline obsessed with playing tennis with a group of friends, and suffering the consequences of stiff joints and fatigued muscles, all in the pursuit of a fuzzy yellow ball! Which is why I'm here now, with my ode to Don Tony; my hamstring actually feels like a piece of ham.

Are you still up in the Northwest?

Calliope
07-17-2013, 11:45 PM
That sounds exciting, you'll have to keep us updated. It sounds like eest is very busy also, but he said he may drop in later today.

Mr Permanent Smite and I are still in the Northwest, yes. I'm padding about our new apartment drinking a beer while he is at work earning pretzel monies. I'm debating going to the camera shop after I've done the dishes. Our new apartment is a block away from an art gallery that is currently exhibiting some of my work in a group show. We are going to see Weird Al tonight but I'd kinda rather just stay home and play Dynasty Warriors 8.

Spuuky
07-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Here is my yearly EoFF post to match your yearly AIM appearance.

Del Murder
07-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Hey, it's semi-annual. Don't forget baseball.

Yamaneko
07-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Get with the times. We're on ICQ now. If you don't know what that is just Ask Jeeves.

Raistlin
07-19-2013, 07:25 AM
The last few posters: Yams, Del, Spuuky, Nicky. It's like it's 2004 all over again. And Yams: tennis is great fun! Unfortunately I haven't had people to play with regularly since college, but I played myself a fair amount back then.

As for the others on Del's list: eestlinc apparently has a big trial coming up in September, though happily he signed up again for the fantasy football league (even if he didn't post here himself, the bastard). I haven't heard from Greg/Ferenan in years. :(

Yamaneko
07-19-2013, 07:35 AM
I remember when Raistlin used to post in 2004 and many other people who were only allowed one name change per year. And you know me, I'm not one to ever bring up the past in nostalgic fashion.

Spuuky
07-19-2013, 07:26 PM
I don't recognize any Del Murders with that avatar, so I don't know why I'm posting again.

Also, I am still on ICQ. I have been logged on to ICQ for the past 15 years consecutively. I don't think I've received a message in at least 10 years.

Calliope
07-19-2013, 07:39 PM
I just registered to try send you a message over ICQ, but I have been defeated by the combined force of having to register using my phone, not getting a password, not being able to recover the password because there isn't one, the use of CAPTCHAs and the website being generally unhelpful in all areas. That's cool that you speak Azerbaijani, though.

Del Murder
07-20-2013, 06:18 PM
I don't recognize any Del Murders with that avatar, so I don't know why I'm posting again.

Also, I am still on ICQ. I have been logged on to ICQ for the past 15 years consecutively. I don't think I've received a message in at least 10 years.
Even after Nicky posted your number on Twitter?

RSL
07-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Thank you for the kind words everyone. I'm glad to see that this place is still going on strong. I never had any idea it would be such a huge success when Cid started it up all those years ago. I'm happy that I was a part of it, even if only for a little while.

Oh, and congrats Del. Much more deserving than I for an award like this.

And go Lions.

escobert
07-25-2013, 12:07 AM
And go Lions.

lulz

Pike
07-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Thank you for the kind words everyone. I'm glad to see that this place is still going on strong. I never had any idea it would be such a huge success when Cid started it up all those years ago. I'm happy that I was a part of it, even if only for a little while.

And go Lions.

'Sup

Madame Adequate
07-25-2013, 12:16 AM
An RSL post in Space Year 2013

I no longer possess an understanding of the events which are transpiring

Raistlin
07-25-2013, 12:23 AM

And go Lions.

Good to hear from you, Red Sexy, and I hope things are going well for you. You are definitely a deserving recipient, as this is long overdue. Hell, you were the only person so indisputably qualified for an admin position that a successful campaign was waged on your behalf!

I hope you keep checking back in every once-in-a-while. The fantasy football league is not the same without you and your Lions fandom every Sunday. (I also kinda accidentally blew it up last year, which was fun for everyone)

RSL
07-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Heh, red sexy, it's been awhile since I've heard that! As much as I miss fantasy football with you guys, I've found that watching football without having an interest in specific players in games I wouldn't normally care about has made it less stressful for me. Being a Lions fan is stressful enough!

When I was here a few months back in the thread where Cid came back, I fully intended on checking in from time to time. When I checked my post history on here I couldn't believe that was already four months ago. And I definitely can't believe it's been 7 years since I was an active poster. Where the heck did that time go?

Sephex
07-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Heh, red sexy, it's been awhile since I've heard that! As much as I miss fantasy football with you guys, I've found that watching football without having an interest in specific players in games I wouldn't normally care about has made it less stressful for me. Being a Lions fan is stressful enough!

When I was here a few months back in the thread where Cid came back, I fully intended on checking in from time to time. When I checked my post history on here I couldn't believe that was already four months ago. And I definitely can't believe it's been 7 years since I was an active poster. Where the heck did that time go?

Just swinging by to say hi and post more again!