PDA

View Full Version : Internet radio

Masamunemaster
07-13-2013, 02:17 AM
I have been using pandora for a while now, and I have been wondering if there was one where you can have a station play only one artist. I really want to listen to just avenged sevenfold all night.

Shorty
07-13-2013, 03:09 AM
Not last.fm. Perhaps Rhapsody?

Also, I'm relocating this to the Help Forum :)

krissy
07-13-2013, 03:10 AM
grooveshark is your best bet

but this could have stayed in lounge so we could talk about the best online radio stations like soma.fm

Shorty
07-13-2013, 03:14 AM
I thought there was already a recent thread like that. Fine, krissy!

last.fm is my favorite but Pandora's coming up there.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-13-2013, 03:36 AM
My favorite internet radio is youtube......

At work I use an big, external hard drive to hold my musics.

Masamunemaster
07-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Well I'm looking for better stuff to use on my phone at work since pandora is very limiting.

NeoCracker
07-13-2013, 06:57 AM
I've yet to have any issue with Pandora, so I've not gone elsewhere. :p

NorthernChaosGod
07-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Songza is also an option as it does actual playlists instead of just similar-ish music.

Masamunemaster
07-13-2013, 11:11 AM
I've yet to have any issue with Pandora, so I've not gone elsewhere. :p

With the newest update you can only skip maybe 6 songs total, even my buddy who bought the full version has limited skips.

Pike
07-13-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't understand the point of skipping songs when you're listening to the radio. Even if it's internet radio, it's still the radio, and not everything is gonna be your favorite thing ever.

I use Grooveshark because it hooks up to Last.fm. Alternatively, I listen to this (http://vip.aersia.net/vip.swf).

krissy
07-13-2013, 07:17 PM
i lsiten to that video game stream too pike! wow!

anyway i think that skipping songs is ok. if you dont like a song on real car radio you change the station, it's not very different.

Masamunemaster
07-13-2013, 11:10 PM
My skips are mainly used when I downvote things that shouldnt be on said station or are just horrible.I try and get each station leaning towards certain moods or bands.

Last night(this morning for everyone else) I downloaded slacker, and it seems pretty good so far.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-13-2013, 11:21 PM
I have spotify, but don't even use it, so I don't know quite what it's purpose is. :monster:

escobert
07-13-2013, 11:33 PM
I don't understand the point of skipping songs when you're listening to the radio. Even if it's internet radio, it's still the radio, and not everything is gonna be your favorite thing ever.

True, but who wants to listen to songs you don't like if you don't have to?

Pike
07-13-2013, 11:41 PM

That's what not-Radio is for :D

snacks
07-14-2013, 12:04 AM
wait is this about listening to more songs like the song you want to or not listening to various songs cause

there's rdio (rdio??? dunno if that's right?) it's pretty cool, and last.fm and uh
well i'd say spotify but i don't like it. anyways go one of those places.

escobert
07-14-2013, 12:14 AM

That's what not-Radio is for :D

But if you're say at work or something where you can't listen to non radio or be changin songs all the time, it works well :p

Masamunemaster
07-14-2013, 02:36 AM
wait is this about listening to more songs like the song you want to or not listening to various songs cause

Its about trying to find out if there is one that will play only one artist at a time.

krissy
07-14-2013, 05:16 AM
so yeah grooveshark

Pike
07-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Speaking of internet radio, does anyone else have issues playing Last.fm radio? 3/4 of the time I try it I hit play and nothing happens.