PDA

View Full Version : Odd Jobs

Laddy
07-13-2013, 04:11 AM
I (unknowingly until now) got my first modeling job. I volunteer at a local anime con as a Programming Head, Event Host, and other stuff. Recently, the conhead has asked me to do a modeling job for him.

Apparently we're compiling a calendar (one with guys, one with girls) of various nerdy characters in sexy cosplay for each month? I dunno.

Who am I going to be?

Sexy Fourth Doctor Tom Baker, of course.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2a/Fourth_Doctor.jpg/250px-Fourth_Doctor.jpg

When was the last time you had a weird job? Did you like it? Did you hate it?

Shorty
07-13-2013, 05:44 AM
I have never had a weird job. This upsets me more than it probably should.

escobert
07-13-2013, 06:11 AM
I make shampoo. I think that's kinda odd.

Calliope
07-13-2013, 06:37 AM
I've had plenty of odd jobs, including selling lollies door-to-door, managing a major fundraising campaign for Amnesty International, looking after celebrities at our local sci-fi convention, cleaning toilets, wrangling hawks, eagles, owls and falcons, shooting concerts and interviewing musicians, making tea for the former Prime Minister and teaching children to use cameras. Reading that list makes me wish I got paid more.

Chris
07-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Hmmm....! No. I'm like Sarah. No weird jobs, except for the modelling.

noxious.sunshine
07-13-2013, 11:50 AM
My mom used to work at the M&Ms Mars factory. She had candy allllll the time.

She also used to work at Carlex - the glass factory that makes windshields for Nissan and other import cars. That was always fun.. You know that joke "Is your mom a glass maker? No? Then get out the way!" My mom -was- a glass maker.

The weirdest job I've ever had though was selling DirecTv in Sam's Club.

Doing sales and relying purely on commission is a beesh. I quit after a month.

Jinx
07-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Laddy as the Doctor?

I'll be in my bunk.

noxious.sunshine
07-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Ooooo did anyone else have to do that school fundraiser where you sell the candy bars? with like 100 Grand and that other one with the caramel in the middle? That junk was -good-. I'd eat a bunch. And make my mom pay for them. lol

Dat Matt
07-13-2013, 04:57 PM
I was asked by a friend back in uni to help out with some stage hand help at probably the biggest entertainment venue in Scotland, the SECC (correct me if there are bigger ones). I step up and took down stages for Lady Gaga, Kiss, Foo Fighters and the Star Wars Orchestra unless my memory fails me. The pay was pretty good for an hour or two work, but fuck lady gaga.

Star wars orchestra took an hour to clean up and they had three trucks. She had 37. Took us 6-7 hours to clean up after the show, and we got paid them same as we did for the smaller gigs.

I got a call recently to work Robbie Williams, had to turn it down cause I'm an old man now.

Pumpkin
07-13-2013, 05:09 PM
No odd jobs. I did work at a shady Shawarma restaurant that only paid me cash once though.

Shauna
07-13-2013, 05:24 PM
I was asked by a friend back in uni to help out with some stage hand help at probably the biggest entertainment venue in Scotland, the SECC (correct me if there are bigger ones). I step up and took down stages for Lady Gaga, Kiss, Foo Fighters and the Star Wars Orchestra unless my memory fails me. The pay was pretty good for an hour or two work, but fuck lady gaga.

Star wars orchestra took an hour to clean up and they had three trucks. She had 37. Took us 6-7 hours to clean up after the show, and we got paid them same as we did for the smaller gigs.

I got a call recently to work Robbie Williams, had to turn it down cause I'm an old man now.

Whitney Houston too! :3