PDA

View Full Version : Southern US meetup

Pumpkin
07-14-2013, 04:34 AM
After discussions in chat, this should be a thing.

SUGGESTIONS WELCOME, dates locations, etc.

This must happen.

noxious.sunshine
07-14-2013, 04:36 AM
Shibooty.

I said.

We should all go in on a cabin in Gatlinburg. No joke. I can do research and find one, but whoever is going must throw in on the cost to rent it.

Nicolas
07-14-2013, 04:37 AM
I'm game for most things that are within reason. You know, like scheduling things on the weekend. ;o

sharkythesharkdogg
07-14-2013, 04:37 AM
I vote Hotlanta

There's lots to do. LOTS. You can stay outside the city and commute in for Dragon Con too. That's nerd-tastic.

Pumpkin
07-14-2013, 04:38 AM
It will be a weekend!!!!!

Maybe we can find a halfway spot? We have people from Upstate SC, Atlanta, hopefully NC if Megan joins (WHICH SHE SHOULD) and Tennessee.

LocoColt04
07-14-2013, 04:39 AM
Define "southern" as I was idle in chat at the time of this discussion.

I live in the Metroplex (i.e. DFW), and am willing to drive upwards of 300 miles to do random things. Anything more than that is just silly. Also, if I do have to drive that distance, I'll likely be sleeping on the ground in the middle of nowhere, because a 600 mile round trip in one day is also silly.

Also also, I can hijack Cactuar since s/he (sorry, still learning all of your internet-genders) is next door, and ThornQueen because she is also next door.

And when? Because I'll be in Vegas at the end of August for work, and only have like... three vacation days left until mid-September; though when it rolls I'll have lots of time to take off and I always take a week of vacation at the end of October before the holiday blackout at work.

Pumpkin
07-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Define "southern" as I was idle in chat at the time of this discussion.

It seems most of the people interested are in Georgia (Atlanta area) Upstate SC and Tennessee. So I would think it would be around there?

Agent Proto
07-14-2013, 04:44 AM
This is more of a Southeastern US kind of meetup. I would love to join, but I'm not sure if I would be able to make the travel to wherever this meeting takes place.

LocoColt04
07-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Perhaps we can have a "southern-midwest" meetup, as I know Freya and LonelyPaperStar are both roughly a 2-3 hour drive north and south of me respectively.

SO LET'S PLAN THAT TOO.

We'll call yours the South Atlantic meetup, and ours can be the... um, well, I like Southern Midwest because it sounds so contradictory!

Pumpkin
07-14-2013, 04:46 AM
Perhaps we can have a "southern-midwest" meetup, as I know Freya and LonelyPaperStar are both roughly a 2-3 hour drive north and south of me respectively.

SO LET'S PLAN THAT TOO.

We'll call yours the South Atlantic meetup, and ours can be the... um, well, I like Southern Midwest because it sounds so contradictory!

Make a thread then :D

It would be cool to meet those people, but it's too far for me.

LocoColt04
07-14-2013, 04:56 AM
You should edit your thread title to specify southeast! <3

Pumpkin
07-14-2013, 04:56 AM
I don't have the power to do that.

CAN SOMEONE DO THAT PLEASE AND THANKYOU

Laddy
07-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Memphis. Seriously. Memphis has a shit load of stuff to do and it's absurdly cheap. Plus, if you guys do come you can maybe crash at my place. We could check out the museums (Rock n' Soul, Civil Rights, Brooks), listen to some Blues music on Beale Street (and get some damn good Delta Cooking), go shopping, visit the acclaimed Memphis Zoo, check out the parks, attend the arts festivals, all that shit. Plus, it's warm and I know where everything is and how to have fun on a budget. Plus, it's west enough for people from Texas, Illinois, Oklahoma, Indiana, Arkansas, and Missouri to be able to join the fun too! ^_^

The Man
07-14-2013, 05:33 AM
If this happens somewhere within a reasonable distance of Florida I will probably attend, but if it's more than about eight hours' drive from Sarasota then I probably won't.

noxious.sunshine
07-14-2013, 05:41 AM
I would love to -really- visit Memph.

I gotta stay fly-i-i-i-i till i dieeeeeee.....

Cuz 3 6 M-M-Mafia!

anywho. Memphis would be fun. Gatlinburg would be like 8 hrs from Memph Tenn cuz they're on complete opposite from each other.

Pumpkin
07-14-2013, 05:42 AM
Memphis ez too far. How about somewhere closer to Nashville. Me and sharky would have one of the longer rides at 5 and a half hours that way but from Memphis and Atlanta its about 4 hours. It seems a halfway point?

The Man
07-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Yeah I can't make Memphis. Atlanta is probably doable.

Pumpkin
07-14-2013, 06:21 AM
Okay, how is Atlanta for everyone? I know I can make that, and so can Aaron and Nico.

Nicolas
07-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Atlanta is great for me because I'm awesome like that. If DragonCon is up in the air, just remember to get those things ahead of time if that's the plan. ;p But yeah, there's quite a bit to see and do here. Like Memphis, there are museums, the Georgia Aquarium, and World of Coca-Cola. There are also the little neighborhoods like Decatur, Little 5 Points, Midtown, East Atlanta, Buckhead, and so on. As Sharky said, plenty of stuff in Atlanta.

Oh, on the idea of DragonCon, you might consider getting a room since my current living situation isn't entirely guest friendly. But I'm sure things can get worked out in the end. ;o

fire_of_avalon
07-14-2013, 07:34 AM
This would depend highly on timing for me to be able to come but I am definitely not listing anything that would work for me because I don't want anyone to feel bound to that. You guys pick a timeframe and I'll join if I can.

noxious.sunshine
07-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Nashville was a good idea Shion.

XD

Nashville Zoo is junk though. There's always the Grand Ole Opry though. And barhopping downtown on Broadway or something. hahahahahahaha.

Masamunemaster
07-14-2013, 01:49 PM
I would go with gatlinburg as well, if we do it late in the year then we could all go to yama con.this year they will have the voice actors of goku, krillin, master roshi, the nine tails fox, and a bunch of other big names.it will be a three day con that is guaranteed to be fun.if everyone hers bored there is always alot of other things to do as well.

Formalhaut
07-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Damn you Americans and being able to meet-up :(

noxious.sunshine
07-14-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm dying to go to G-Burg in the Winter... They have a snowboarding/ski trail up on the mountain. I've been to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge so many times, but never in the winter.

G-Burg is totes "Been there, done that" for me, and it can be hellaciously expensive, but there is a lot to do. Plus the Biltmore Estate isn't far from there and it's a lovely place to tour & see. Ripley's Aquarium is decent though. I don't think it's on the level of ATL's by any means, but it's good. And Ober Gatlinburg for ice skating is sooo much fun. Not to mention all the go-kart tracks in Pigeon Forge. G-Burg is more of a "walk around and do things" place - there's that main strip with all the attractions. Pigeon Forge is walkable but it can get tedious.

There's also the Titanic museum they just opened recently. XD

Shauna
07-14-2013, 03:40 PM

UK meetups are able to occur too, you know. xD

The Man
07-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Yeah, if anything, U.K. meetups should be easier to organise. The U.S. is smurfing huge. I don't think many Europeans realise just how large this country is.

Formalhaut
07-14-2013, 04:22 PM

UK meetups are able to occur too, you know. xD

Bu..but... many of my friends are in America!

Shauna
07-14-2013, 04:23 PM
:colbert:

Beowulf
07-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Oh, yeah. I was supposed to reply to this wasn't I....

I definitely support a meetup somewhere around here. Be it Atlanta, Upstate SC, whatever.

Unbreakable Will
07-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Meeting my fellow EoFFers? I'm down if the timing is good!

Masamunemaster
07-14-2013, 09:32 PM
Will I noticed your sig very first thing lol, and appa's voice actor will be at yama con;)

Unbreakable Will
07-15-2013, 05:09 AM
Will I noticed your sig very first thing lol, and appa's voice actor will be at yama con;)
This makes me extremely sad I won't be there, he was my favorite character!

Pumpkin
07-15-2013, 05:15 AM
Okay how is Atlanta for everyone, y/n and when would be a good time?

I am good to go on any weekend ever.