PDA

View Full Version : Midwest-ish Southern US meetup (plan, etc.)

LocoColt04
07-14-2013, 04:52 AM
Perhaps we can have a "southern-midwest" meetup, as I know Freya and LonelyPaperStar are both roughly a 2-3 hour drive north and south of me respectively.

SO LET'S PLAN THAT TOO.

We'll call yours the South Atlantic meetup, and ours can be the... um, well, I like Southern Midwest because it sounds so contradictory!

Make a thread then :D

It would be cool to meet those people, but it's too far for me.I have made a thread. Earlier in shion's thread, I also mentioned TQ and Cactuar.

Let's make this a thing for everyone in Texas and the surrounding states.

As mentioned in shion's thread, times that are good for me are... well, whenever, as long as we've got it set a good three or four weeks in advance. I will be in Vegas at the end of August; I only have three vacation days remaining until mid-September when it rolls over; I traditionally take a week of vacation at the end of October before we enter holiday blackout at work.

Last full week of October is my personal preference if there will be extended roadtripping. If it's just a weekend thing, I can pick most weekends easily, as I do have the vacation days to utilize.

Lonely Paper Star
07-14-2013, 05:35 AM
I'm better off with weekends on whatever month. I still have all of July and the first half of August, but then I have a couple classes starting later on that month.

noxious.sunshine
07-14-2013, 01:26 PM
If I happen to be in Texas when this happens, I might go. Jay has familia in Garland, so there's that.

Y'ALL we could totes go to Shreveport and gamble. XDD

Freya
07-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Dallas I can make it too much lower than that and i'd be poor. I plan on moving august/sept so I wont have money at all with all the down payments and connections and crap I have to start so after that would work, if it was close enough.

Lonely Paper Star
07-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Where's Garland? DFW area? I'm wayyyy down in SE Houston, so... would everyone rather meet in DFW or closer to somewhere in-between?

I know Tigmafuzz is in San Antonio; he might be interested in a meet-up as well.

LocoColt04
07-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Aye, Garland is like on the north Dallas side of the Metroplex.

I do think DFW is the most central location for the region. If others are having to drive extended lengths, those of us more appropriately located could do things like pay for food or create a return-trip gas fund, etc etc etc.

The issue with going any further south, Paula, is that Kaycee would be coming from about four hours north of the Metroplex. Now, if we do something like Temple (HAHAHA what's in Temple?!) or Waco or West, etc., people who are further north could drive to Dallas-area and then ride with us down to wherever.

If the Metroplex isn't the desired end-location, Austin is a quick 2.5 hour drive from home, and there's plenty of different things there. I make that drive monthly anyway.

Tigmafuzz
07-14-2013, 09:43 PM
I know Tigmafuzz is in San Antonio; he might be interested in a meet-up as well.

YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I AM PAULA

I hope it isn't too soon, though, we still don't have money to travel very far with all the medical debt ;_;

Freya
07-15-2013, 08:07 AM
My problem is I most likely will be too poor to go anywhere soon. So while i'd love to go if it's any time soon it's most likely not an option for me. So don't plan it around me. I'm in oklahoma so regardless it'll be a little bit of a drive for me.