PDA

View Full Version : No Balls You Won't!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
07-14-2013, 10:04 PM
So I did something that I never thought I would do. I told some of my Marines that I am bi… while at the San Diego Pride block party. I was invited along because I don't have a life since my wife left me. I agreed because why not. I have been thinking about getting my gay back on anyways. Anyways, I told them and one of them said that she already knew. So apparently I haven't been acting as straight as I thought I had been these last five years. So I think I am going to stop hiding it again. Open again.

So, topic. What brave thing that you never thought you would do have you done lately? Or shat would you like to do?

Shlup
07-14-2013, 10:20 PM
Gotta love it when people come out of the closet, when everyone around them didn't know they were in. My mom's cousin came out as a lesbian a few years ago, and when my grandma told us my mom and I both said "She was in the closet?"

I guess my brave thing would be getting pushy with medical staff. I'm usually very go-with-the-flow, but my baby was in the NICU for two weeks and I was a total helicopter mom, making sure every single thing was done right and that I (and/or BJ) approved of every single thing they did.

Shorty
07-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Making strides to overcome body issues, yeah!

Thought it would never happen and it feels really good.

Chris
07-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Bravest thing? Hmm, probably convincing myself to finally become serious enough to maintain a real relationship. I had a furious discussion with myself.

snacks
07-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Bravest thing is telling someone that I needed to confront how I felt, which is very hard for me to do btw, but it had to be done. I am the most anti-confrontational person in the world, but this was just....too much.

Congrats on coming out? It's a hard thing to do, I know.

07-14-2013, 11:12 PM
I can totally se you doing that Amanda. Running around yelling at the staff as they are doing their jobs.
It is actually the second time I came out. But both times there was one person who I said I needed to tell them something and they were like 'i think I already now, you are bi.' Both times I was dumbfounded that they already knew.

Formalhaut
07-14-2013, 11:26 PM
So I did something that I never thought I would do. I told some of my Marines that I am bi… while at the San Diego Pride block party. I was invited along because I don't have a life since my wife left me. I agreed because why not. I have been thinking about getting my gay back on anyways. Anyways, I told them and one of them said that she already knew. So apparently I haven't been acting as straight as I thought I had been these last five years. So I think I am going to stop hiding it again. Open again.

Aww well good for you. I remember when I came out as Bisexual. To my best friend. It was pretty funny as well, because when I told him that, he initially thought Bisexual meant having both sexual organs (a hermaphrodite). That broke the ice fast.

After that, speed on another year, and I then told other people and became, I guess, what you'd call 'fully open'. It was only earlier last year that I updated my Facebook profile to say that I was 'interested in' both genders. I still wouldn't dare speak of my sexuality with my family though :p

I guess another brave thing I did was take my shoes off in public for the very first time. I was on the beach with friends and felt brave enough to take my shoes (and socks) off for the very first time. It was scary. But I'm glad I did it. Only 10 more years until I can start wearing sleeveless tops!

noxious.sunshine
07-14-2013, 11:52 PM
I got totes hammered and told my dad that my sister's gay. XDD

She snitched on me for some stuff that was none of her business, so. Yeah.

^ No I don't care if that's jacked up. That ho is 40 now and never told my parents. It needed to be done.

Shorty
07-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Well. It's not my business, but that isn't really your business to tell.

Formalhaut
07-15-2013, 12:02 AM

^ No I don't care if that's jacked up. That ho is 40 now and never told my parents. It needed to be done.

That's not really on. I would hate to have been outed in that manner.

Pumpkin
07-15-2013, 03:49 AM
Acting silly with boyfriend without worrying about being judged.

Going to counseling.

noxious.sunshine
07-15-2013, 04:05 AM
Such is the way of us. I got tired of being in the middle of it though. My dad would make comments and observations and ask me about it cuz he knew I knew since I'd been living with her. I did try telling my sister to just come out with it and talk to them, but she wouldn't do it.

My brother used to tell on me for stuff all the time to try and take the focus off of him. So then my dad asked me point blank if he was on drugs, and I told him straight up he was doing meth (I wasn't doing it yet back then). I didn't used to be like that, but again, I got tired of those 2 telling my parents crap that they had no business telling them, so.

I mean. My dad didn't get mad or anything. He was more relieved that it was finally out in the open. He's asked my sister to bring her GF for Xmas, but her GF won't go. She's a whack job.

Edit: my sister was relieved too. I don't think she knows that I said it, but my dad kinda talked to her about it and said it was fine.

~*~Celes~*~
07-15-2013, 04:50 AM
I've started sticking up for myself when I'm being bullied at work :wacky:

Pheesh
07-15-2013, 07:27 AM
I've been in a successful LDR for over 7 months now which, if you knew me a few years ago, would astound you and I'm also about to live with a girlfriend for the first time in my life. Not that I never thought I would do that second thing, but I still feel brave!

Quindiana Jones
07-15-2013, 09:12 AM
The brave thing is that it's Locky, man. She's a Geordie.

Yar
07-15-2013, 04:50 PM
The title of this thread intrigues yet confuses me. Explain? :p

Last night I put the moves on someone I've had a small crush on. The results were mixed. But I felt proud of myself. I usually just keep that stuff bottled up and try ignoring it. Nice little confidence boost I guess :)

Pike
07-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Well a few months back I got an airplane and flew alone to the other side of the world. It was pretty scary and I was worried that I was going to miss a connecting flight and end up stranded somewhere. Anyways it all actually turned out okay :)

Loony BoB
07-15-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't really know that I see things as brave or not anymore. I seem to do things knowing I have to do them, not because it's brave or not, but because it's the right thing to do. Still, there is one thing. I recently told someone something I didn't think I'd ever tell anyone again. It was really hard, I was shaking when I did it. So I guess you could say that the bravest thing I've done is trust a friend completely, even with that last little percent. And for me, that's notable.

Quindiana Jones
07-15-2013, 05:19 PM
You still keep that stuff closed up, man? I've been telling anyone who'll listen that we had sex. :erm:

Loony BoB
07-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Yeah, but I've only told a few people of who I was cheating on you wi-- ...oh, trout.

Miriel
07-15-2013, 07:30 PM
It's not brave really, but it does take some amount of effort for me. I'm trying this new thing where I look strangers in the eyes. It's kind of a default thing for me to avert my gaze, you know in random situations like when someone walks into an elevator with you, or you happen to hold a door open for someone, or even just when you're paying for your groceries. I'm trying very hard these days to look people in the eyes, and smile/nod/etc. And also with beggers/pandhandlers. I used to just look away, and these days I will look them in the eyes and either give them something, or politely decline while still looking at them straight on rather than looking away.

It is freakin' hard. But I'm getting better at it!

Calliope
07-15-2013, 08:13 PM

I refuse to believe that it is somehow brave to out your sister while wasted, even if she was relieved at the outcome. Running your mouth off when you've had too much to drink and may be feeling vindictive is very different from facilitating a family discussion where you support your sibling addressing a sensitive issue that she is ready to work through.

The bravest thing I have done recently was probably reading a piece of writing aloud. I don't mind public speaking, but this involved a very intense and unsual set of circumstances.

High fives all round for self-improvement, you guys!

07-16-2013, 04:31 AM
Yeah!! Whoo! Ho fives all around.

The thread title comes from no ballsing somebody to do something. Kinda of like a double god dare. 'No balls you won't ask Susie out.' That kind of thing.

Shorty
07-16-2013, 07:28 AM
it's silly and it makes me laugh when I read it xD

Tigmafuzz
07-16-2013, 07:40 PM
The thread title comes from no ballsing somebody to do something. Kinda of like a double god dare. 'No balls you won't ask Susie out.' That kind of thing.

I could have sworn it was a guy yelling at his balls not to do something bad, like playing with all the action figures in the toy aisle at the store and then leaving them on the floor.