PDA

View Full Version : Who Are Your EoFF Buddies?

Formalhaut
07-15-2013, 02:46 AM
With all the happiness and stuff surrounding the Ciddies, and also now with the EoFF handbook for newbies, it made me reminisce about the times when I first really felt connected to my present friends on here. It's not when we first said hi, but more when I felt that friendship really solidify. Really take hold. Excuse me for rambling on in this OP, but basically:

Answer this: Who are your friends on EoFF? How did you really meet?

Shion: It's hard to really pinpoint a 'first encounter', because I really just saw her around the forums earlier this year and thought she seemed nice enough. When Ashton joined the EC, I think that brought us naturally slightly closer together. But, I think the key moment which made us real friends was with the Cooking Contest. Both of us helped each other into making it work, praising each other and what have you. It was awesome. It was after that we starting VMing each other more frequently and eventually I got her on Facebook. After becoming good friends with Shion, by association I get on very swimmingly with Sharky now as well, so that's a fantastic bonus.
Tifa's Boobs: Oh geez, gosh. What a horribly slow start with Sam! There was, somehow, I don't know how or why, some sort of friction between me and her. It's hard to say really. My nickname being Formy ticked her off for some reason or another. But after Christmas, things thawed and now Sam is like literally one of my favourite people on here. Funny how things work out isn't it?
Chris: Oh boy. I think it was in the picture thread that I first got a taste of what Reno is like. Things only developed from there. I'm very unsure as to when exactly we became friends. I can't remember a precise moment, but I guess he picked up on my 'innocence' in posts I made and came to me like a shark smelling a drop of blood. Nah, I love him really. I have him on Facebook like the others, and he's surprisingly toned down than what he is on here.
Jiro: Funnily enough it was probably me helping out with skt's appeal that was our first real interaction. That was probably the seed that started our little friendship. Things grew on from there, like me taking the helm of the Community Update and I guess Jiro is like my writing adviser. Always there to help me with articles or whatever! The Christmas secret santa I ran I guess solidified our friendship further when I gave him his own private island.
Parker: Again, it's hard to pinpoint a precise encounter. However, chat in the past month or so definitely helped. He's a real card who I naturally gravitate toward. I'm sorry if this one is short, because my memory is bloody awful, but... yeah. I love Parker I do!
Faris: Working on the Theatrhythm frontsite stuff definitely helped and was probably our first real interaction. After that, things progressed from there. Swapnoting in particular was hilarious and we do still do that occasionally. But now, Facebook and #chat are our main two avenues of communication. I definitely enjoy Faris's company and when Parker and Faris are together I love just watching them snipe at each other. It's great entertainment.
skt/Snacks: Really two main events here. The first one was way back last year when Jiro did that appeal that I supported with. That was my first real interaction with Snacks. Then of course after a few months of radio silence, I pop back in chat and there he is! He calls me Formuloohoo alot. I'm not sure what to make of that.
Yerushalmi: When he was new, and I read his 'Hi there' thread on the wonder square, I thought "hmm, this guy has potential". It's funny, it was just a sense really. And this was before I even saw him on chat, which apparently was where he first originated from. I just clicked with him from day 1. It's hard to really say, it's been three months. But PMing him almost everyday helps keep a constant rapport going. I do sometimes think I'm harassing him (like how I feel with all my friends to be honest), but he's not said negative so. . Things like the Religious Thread and learning about Israeli culture and day to day family life I find fascinating, yeah. Hope it continues I guess.

There are loads more. Definitely. I'm sorry if I omitted you, but I could literally go on for hours raving on about how lovely everyone is!

Agent Proto
07-15-2013, 02:57 AM
I don't have buddies.

noxious.sunshine
07-15-2013, 03:13 AM
Me neither

Apparently I'm engaged to like 5 people though XD

2013 Slore of EoFF hahahaha

Faris
Mirage
Carl

Uh.

I like talking to tavaryn a lot and kotora too.

I encountered all of them in chat. 6 a.m. makes for fun convos.

Araciel
07-15-2013, 03:18 AM
Not gonna' make anyone's list.

Fuck you all.

Jinx
07-15-2013, 03:19 AM
My EoFF Buddy is James.

Formalhaut
07-15-2013, 03:20 AM
I don't have buddies.

Me neither

Not gonna' make anyone's list.

smurf you all.

What rays of sunshine you all are.

Araciel
07-15-2013, 03:22 AM
Just sayin. Also T's B's bee's knees...

:D

Agent Proto
07-15-2013, 03:23 AM
Fine, you win Formy.

My EoFF Buddies (http://home.eyesonff.com/members/list/)

Jinx
07-15-2013, 03:23 AM
My real answer is this:

There are so many people on this forum I love for so many reasons. I'm not going to make a list because I don't want to be here all night, and I'd still leave people off. Almost every single person here is important to me and matters to me for a reason, and I love you all. The few who I'm the very closest to know who they are, and I'm not going to go on about them here, because I don't want to cheapen the rich relationships I have with other people (when it might just be a different dynamic.)

tl;dr--I have a lot of love to give to people on this forum, and so I can't even attempt to make a list!

Pumpkin
07-15-2013, 03:25 AM
A lot of people. I don't want to omit anyone.

I get along well with most chat people. Formy, Cimward, balzac, Aulayna isn't my friend but I would like her to be, I think she's a great person, Freya, Pontus.

Sharky.

Like I said, many others. You know who you are.

Agent Proto
07-15-2013, 03:27 AM
I also want to say that the skype cru are my buddies. They know who they are.

crashNUMBERS
07-15-2013, 05:45 AM
ummmm my time came and left all in 2005

but I had a few buddies I hardly remember talking to, let alone their usernames

starlight angel was a big buddy once upon a time
me and psy used to be a bit cool
I dont recall much of the BAoTW fam either but Rye was cool
there was this one dude, I forgot his name =(, but he was from the UK and cool, we used to talk about games and other shit on msn messenger.
then various others who made fun of me for my age at the time
those were good ones

escobert
07-15-2013, 05:49 AM
I hate most of you equally some a little more than others :)

snacks
07-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Bert is my buddy.
And Mom.

Freya
07-15-2013, 06:31 AM
I like people! I always feel threads like these alienate some and I don't want to do that. I love everyone! Well no. Actually I hate all of you but it's a love to hate! :D MUAH! :aimkiss:

comma
07-15-2013, 06:33 AM
I have 0 friends here aside from The Man, with whom I've had a very long and personal relationship. Nothing gay.

escobert
07-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Bert is my buddy.
And Mom.

<3

But yeah srsly Scotty, Mike & Sara I would call my friends :)

Pheesh
07-15-2013, 06:54 AM
These threads are the actual worst.

escobert
07-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Yes because everyone always forgets people. Like you I forgot you :(

Rebellious Eagle
07-15-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm too shy to try to make friends on here or to consider anybody a friend for fear that they don't think of me the same way lol

Loony BoB
07-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Del Murder is someone Is can talk openly and frankly about serious, personal things and joke with about all kinds of whatever.

I just can't shake the feeling I'm forgetting like 180 people. :(

Del Murder
07-15-2013, 07:33 AM
And yet I didn't get invited to your wedding. :(

Calliope is probably my best EoFF bud who I'm not married to. We can talk about old times and new times and then trade random Simpsons/Batman quotes.

Shiny
07-15-2013, 07:39 AM
All of you can be my buddies. The more the merrier.

Loony BoB
07-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Actually I did nudge Miriel and say that if you guys were to make it I'd totally book you in, but apparently you guys are pretty busy. :(

Aulayna
07-15-2013, 09:03 AM

Forum bros! :cheers:

Tigmafuzz
07-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Paula, Faris, Parker, Aexoden, Bubba, Jiro, Sephex, Proot, Foaffles, Sam, Pike, Nikki, Sharky, Shion, Peegees, Tararara, Pisschotic, Steveglow, Melissaur, Christmas (of course), Jentleness, Leeza, and a bunch of other people that I forget right now because I either haven't talked to them in so long or because they haven't posted here in forever, Shorty :argh:

I love everyone!

Well no. Actually I hate all of you

WildRaubtier
07-15-2013, 09:19 AM
I'd say shion, butt.............

Night Fury
07-15-2013, 09:28 AM
everyone is my friend.

Shiny
07-15-2013, 12:41 PM

Forum bros! :cheers:
Pics plz

Faris
07-15-2013, 12:48 PM
You all be welcome t' join and me crew and become mateys on me ship.

Pumpkin
07-15-2013, 04:42 PM
kent is my friend :cheers:

Mirage
07-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Me neither

Apparently I'm engaged to like 5 people though XD

2013 Slore of EoFF hahahaha

Faris
Mirage
Carl

Uh.

I like talking to tavaryn a lot and kotora too.

I encountered all of them in chat. 6 a.m. makes for fun convos.

I thought we were friends.

Pike
07-15-2013, 04:49 PM
It's tough cause like, who do you define as an EoFF buddy? Is it the ones you have on Facebook? The ones you talk to on instant messengers or Skype? The ones you never talk to outside of the forum but are "tight" with on the forum regardless?

THIS THREAD IS JUST A WHOLE CAN OF WORMS :argh:

Anyways I'm bros with most of the #eoff chat crew I guess. That covers a lot of people, right?

Miriel
07-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Actually I did nudge Miriel and say that if you guys were to make it I'd totally book you in, but apparently you guys are pretty busy. :(

I'm pretty sure we only got the-people-I-really-wanted-to-come-can't-make-it-so-I-suppose-you-two-can-come-if-you-want-to invites. :colbert:

fire_of_avalon
07-16-2013, 01:31 AM
I didn't even get that, so there. :zombert:

You're all my buddies. I ain't gonna pick and choose and say who is closer to me or more distant. You're all great. And I love you. There. Hug yourselves.

NeoCracker
07-16-2013, 05:40 AM
I probably talk with Shads and Shorty the most out o fall you people, Wolf as well but I haven't seen him on for a while. :p

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2013, 06:30 AM
Mirage.

WE ARE.

GOD.

maybee
07-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Not to be rude or anything but isn't this thread kind of rude ? I mean people are going to be left out and feel rejected ?

Maybe I'm too soft. :cry:

It just reminds me of those days at school during that friends birthday party time and there was always that person that got left out, sometimes it was you and it hurt like smurf man.

The Man
07-16-2013, 11:50 AM
I like pretty much everyone who posts at this forum, and despite having spent a fair amount of time on IRC and having been a member of this forum for 11+ years, feel like I don't know most of you as well as I should.

I'd make a list of people I consider close friends but I'd inevitably leave someone out.

Jinx
07-16-2013, 12:02 PM
I like pretty much everyone who posts at this forum, and despite having spent a fair amount of time on IRC and having been a member of this forum for 11+ years, feel like I don't know most of you as well as I should.

And I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

The Man
07-16-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm really glad someone got that reference. I probably didn't phrase it exactly right but it's late and I'm tired.

Goldenboko
07-16-2013, 12:21 PM
you are all my buds. :)

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-16-2013, 05:09 PM
There are a few of you who I keep in semi-regular contact with, you know who you are. Also, getting to know some other EoFFers better through Fat Chocobos and their spamtastic chats. :p Otherwise, everyone who I have talked to/chatted with on occasion is pretty awesome. :)

Shorty
07-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Not to be rude or anything but isn't this thread kind of rude ? I mean people are going to be left out and feel rejected ?

It just reminds me of those days at school during that friends birthday party time and there was always that person that got left out, sometimes it was you and it hurt like smurf man.

If you feel left out by this thread, I would say it's the perfect opportunity for you to try to make buddies so you can be included.

Jinx
07-16-2013, 06:12 PM

If you feel left out by this thread, I would say it's the perfect opportunity for you to try to make buddies so you can be included.

This! :) Come in chat. It's really the best way to get to know people and be included more in forum jokes and such.

Shauna
07-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Speak to Formalhaut, a recent convert to the ways of #eoff. He will tell you all the good things.

Formalhaut
07-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Heck, most of the time I STILL feel like that kid in the birthday party who gets left out.

Shorty
07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Oh, Formy. *ruffles hair*

Jinx
07-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Is this the part where we put Formy's hand in warm water when he falls asleep, then put his bra in the freezer?

Formalhaut
07-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Is this the part where we put Formy's hand in warm water when he falls asleep, then put his bra in the freezer?

1. I have a bra? Since when?

2. Actually, the Mythbusters tested the water in hand trick and it was busted. Completely false. :p

Tigmafuzz
07-16-2013, 06:56 PM
Heck, most of the time I STILL feel like that kid in the birthday party who gets left out.

You'd be the guy that all the drunk people come up to and put their arm around while talking to nobody in particular and then pass out in front of you. But you wouldn't be left out.

Shorty
07-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Nothing like friendly hazing to make someone feel included!

2. Actually, the Mythbusters tested the water in hand trick and it was busted. Completely false. :p

And this does work. My friends and I tried this on one of our other friends because we are good friends.

Jinx
07-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Nothing like friendly hazing to make someone feel included!

And this does work. My friends and I tried this on one of our other friends because we are good friends.

Agreed. This does work.

Shorty
07-16-2013, 07:02 PM
#meangirlscast

Tigmafuzz
07-16-2013, 07:06 PM
It only works if you haven't gone to the bathroom before you went to sleep. If you're already empty, it does nothing but lower your body temperature a little bit. Mythbusters failed to take bladder occupancy and the time it takes for water to go through someone into account.

I want cake now.

Calliope
07-18-2013, 12:57 AM
A
B
Chionos & Chemical & Chickencha
Delglad
Eest & edczxcvbnm
Ferenan
Giggles & Genius454
Halan
I
Jowy & Joyee
Kalen & Knox
L - Little Red Sarah & Linus
Mikztsu & Miriel
Neel
O
Pike & Pantz & Pieman
Quina
Raistlin & Rinoabella & Robb
Spuuky & Saving Glory & Sephex
Towns, & Tifa's Boobs
U
V
Wyllius
Xander
Yamaneko
Ze Loony BoB

In conclusion, my memory fails me. Maybe if I keep posting this list would be completely different in a year.

Shorty
07-18-2013, 12:59 AM
I was about to be super sad until I saw you used my livejournal name. :love:

Calliope
07-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Sarah, I bet you're on a lot of people's lists! I have probably forgotten many people, so should assume that I am the sort of person who is temporarily forgotten also.

Shorty
07-18-2013, 01:58 AM
Your list is the one I care about, though ;_____;

Freya
07-18-2013, 06:06 AM

I really just love all of you and want to cuddle with every single one of you. Some i would cuddle at a distance cause you look like you might be a little smelly. Or sticky, which is a weird though. But you otter believe it. I love everyone of you and think this place is made of all the individuals. We wouldn't have as awesome of an internet home if it wasn't for all of you.

Jinx
07-18-2013, 11:10 AM
I think I'm about to cry because Nicky said I'm her buddy. :love:

Masamunemaster
07-18-2013, 11:11 AM
I have spawnofsephiroth, but he is my real life best friend.

I really don't have a buddy on here note that I think of it, since badgemaker left years ago.