PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect?

Pumpkin
07-15-2013, 06:41 AM
The topic is the thread title. I used to collect little figurines, and I loved them. I had this one girl with a red hat and a red and pink dress and I'm sad I lost my figurines :(. I had about 100 of them. Maybe one day I can start my collection again.

I also like to collect weird, large, ugly mugs. I've always liked comically big mugs, ever since I was little and saw those kids shows with the mugs that are basically the size of bowl and have wanted them ever since. Then by chance I ended up with mugs that didn't match and it turned into this weird ugly giant mug collection. I lost most of those too, but I now have a blue flower one that is yellow on the inside and one that looks like a mini toilet. Now I actually dislike having matching mugs.

What do you collect?

escobert
07-15-2013, 06:43 AM
I guess you could say since I keep fish I collect fish. Otherwise I'd say guns. I do seem to have a good collection of soda cans here in my room ran now :p

Calliope
07-15-2013, 06:47 AM
Dust.

Pheesh
07-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Toenail clippings. I keep em in a massive jar on the side of the bed that Tara will be sleeping on.

Rebellious Eagle
07-15-2013, 07:05 AM
Stuffed animals. I just have so many around here that I refuse to get rid of and always get happy when someone gives me another one x)

Shorty
07-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I also collect mugs, shion! I've had to get rid of quite a few in moves, though. :( But I still collect them! Other than that, I collect different versions of Alice in Wonderland books. I thiiink I have a total of fourteen or so.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d2f3aa5bc1a6b64cd71536da2596b2aa/tumblr_mmtihe0w9s1r2oop8o1_1280.jpg

There are five copies of Alice in this picture alone and four more in the glove compartment of my car (for some reason). I'd like to start doing the same collecting thing with Dracula. I have three copies so far and one of them is a goddamn pop-up book, and so is one of my Alice books, which is without a doubt my most prized literary possession.

I used to collect all sorts of little trinkets and tchochkes and seashells but I've come to realize that most of them are worthless and don't really hold much sentiment and thus I had gotten rid of most of them.

noxious.sunshine
07-15-2013, 09:47 AM
I used to collect Ty beanie babies, back when they were a thing. I had the rare Peace Bear and several others like Germania, the Princess Di one, etc. Now? Theyre worthless.

I also used to collect Trolls (yep the ugly little dolls with the hair), music boxes (that was my main thing. I have 1 left, a Mickey Mouse alarm clock that's now worth around $500), & those American Girl dolls. I had most of the originals except for Addy & Felicity & I had the one you pick out that looks like you.

Leigh
07-15-2013, 12:30 PM
I collect old Korean vinyls and soundtracks albums from their TV dramas. Random!

Pheesh
07-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Guess I should post a serious response. I collect all the tickets from concerts that I have been to. I am missing only one that my mother lost and I'll be forever pissed at her for it.

Jinx
07-15-2013, 12:46 PM
I collect buttons/pins. Some aren't really applicable to me anymore (like the Jesus one), but I like how they show my life a bit. Most of them were given or found somewhere. My favorite was the Mitt Romney pin I was given for Christmas, because I hate him so much.

I used to collect porcelain dolls until I got old enough to realize they're fucking creepy, and got rid of them. I probably had about 60 of them.

Venom65437
07-15-2013, 04:00 PM
I used to collect comic books but now I'm selling them and replacing them with graphic novels instead. I tell myself I have an exit strategy to finally stop but I don't know that I actually will. I also like pens a lot. I have too many to count.

Araciel
07-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Board games

RPG books

Pike
07-15-2013, 04:37 PM
My Little Ponies
Pikachu plushies and toys
Actually anything that has to do with videogames

Rantz
07-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Virgins.

Chris
07-15-2013, 05:37 PM
I collect Cass Daley memorabilia. :greenie:

DMKA
07-15-2013, 05:55 PM
I used to collect Ty beanie babies, back when they were a thing. I had the rare Peace Bear and several others like Germania, the Princess Di one, etc. Now? Theyre worthless.

Is the Princess Di one in good condition? I don't really know anything about Beanie Babies or the different "editions" or any of that but I know the Princess Di one still sells for tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars on eBay, some of the other rare ones sell for thousands as well. Don't ask me who buys them or why though. :p

I've never really been a collector. The closest I've ever came to a collection is my video games, but I've sold so many of them I don't really think they count either.