PDA

View Full Version : Car Accidents

Shorty
07-15-2013, 09:39 PM
Have you ever been in one?

Chris
07-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Small ones. Nothing to scar this stunning face of mine.

Denmark
07-15-2013, 09:47 PM
I was in a five-car accident! It was heavy rush-hour traffic. Let's number me and the 4 cars behind me as car 1 through car 5. So we're all fairly close together, cars 1-3 are stopped. Car 4 comes up behind at too high of a speed for the traffic conditions, rear-ends car 3, who rear-ends car 2, who rear-ends me. Then, apparently, this jerk backs up and hits car 5, behind him.

I was by far the luckiest person involved in the accident, as my car had minimal damage (dented rear bumper) and I wasn't hurt at all. I was able to drive away, but cars 2-4 at least weren't able to (idk about car 5). I think someone got taken away in an ambulance, too.

Jinx
07-15-2013, 09:49 PM
I've never been in a car accident, knock on wood.

Pumpkin
07-15-2013, 09:49 PM
A mild one. It was sadness :(

escobert
07-15-2013, 09:56 PM
I was in my aunt's van that was rear-ended when I was a kid. and I was t-boned at an intersection when I was 18.

Chris
07-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Being rear-ended is never nice, and especially not without protection.

Sephex
07-15-2013, 10:01 PM
KgE29oRPhrI

Been in a couple that I didn't cause, but nothing too bad or even anything that caused me to sustain minor injuries.

Scary as ****, though.

Venom65437
07-15-2013, 10:03 PM

Sounds awful. :D

escobert
07-15-2013, 10:06 PM

wow..

Agent Proto
07-15-2013, 10:06 PM
I was in several car accidents. One was pretty serious, I had to be in the hospital and ended up with some scars on my arm (which have now been replaced by scars for another reason). This same accident had my little brother in a coma for several weeks, and he had rehab to learn how to walk and talk and all that. Luckily for him, he's still around and such.

snacks
07-16-2013, 02:26 AM
A minor one, living up in the northwest of pa there's a lot of snow and ice, and I went sliding down a pretty steep hill all the way into the back end of a car.

if it hadn't been for a hat and a seat belt i probably would have gone through the windshield

Jiro
07-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Two and a half. None of them were serious, all of them resulted in mild fright and talking points. I wasn't driving at any point which I think is the main reason they happened.

Raistlin
07-16-2013, 02:50 AM
I was hit by a cop once. I was about 17 years old, and driving to visit my dad for the weekend. I was the first in line at a 3-way intersection; I was on the main highway, with the "T" portion curving around behind a hill so that you couldn't see very far down that road. I was on the side of the highway closest to the T. Moments before the light turned green, a cop with its siren on came running through the opposite direction down the highway. Then the light turned green. I started going through the intersection. When I was at least 2/3 of the way through, I felt a crash, as a cop (also with his siren on) came running through the red light down the T-road, and slammed into my rear-passenger door. Between the other cop siren and my radio being on a moderate volume, I hadn't been able to tell there was a second cop car approaching (it turned out there was a false alarm at a local bank, so cops were coming out of the woodwork), and I couldn't see very far down the T before entering the intersection.

I was able to drive away, but there was thousands of dollars in damage, and needless to say as a 17-year-old kid who had only been licensed for less than a year, it was terrifying at the time. No one was injured, fortunately.

WildRaubtier
07-16-2013, 03:54 AM
Only parking accidents.
http://imageshack.us/a/img183/796/1000823ib6.jpg

rubah
07-16-2013, 03:57 AM
Not lately (http://home.eyesonff.com/blogs/13121/blog536.html)

Rantz
07-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Nope. Appropriately scary gif, though:

http://duckduckgrayduck.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/close-call.gif?w=500

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2013, 06:48 AM
When I was little, someone rear-ended my sister. My brother was in the passenger seat & 2 kids my sister was watching in the back. I was on the console between the seats. The car flipped off the side of the road in a major ditch. My brother jumped across the seats in front of my sister and me and wound up having to get stitches.

My brother was in a really bad one. For once he was being not stupid and driving slow on the interstate 'cuz it was icy. 2 kids in another car exactly like his lost control going the other way. Their rear-end hit his front end - it pushed the engine & firewall back through and crushed his foot into like 70 pieces. They had to graft bone from his hip and put metal plates in, but didn't fix it right, so they had to go back and re-break it and put pins in. 2 kids in the other car died.

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2013, 07:34 AM
I backed into my friend's car once because he parked right on my ass. I kind of wrecked his fender.

Also, I was out grabbing lunch with my mom when some bitch in a Mercedes wouldn't get off her phone so she made a huge dent in my mom's car.

Yerushalmi
07-16-2013, 08:21 AM
Nothing serious. Got rear-ended once and shoved into the car ahead of me. The people behind me were in a hurry to get to a wedding and were very uncooperative, it took me ten minutes just to get their phone number because they kept insisting they'll call me. I told them many times that they would get to the wedding faster if they'd just answer the damn question.

Bloodnight
07-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Nope, but one of my friends was. Thanks goodness he survived and didn't get serious damage.

Shlup
07-16-2013, 11:34 PM
I have been rear-ended quite a few times. I made money off my last car I was rear-ended so many times. I have rear-ended one person and a school bus, but neither were reported so they don't count.

Pheesh
07-16-2013, 11:42 PM
I was in a couple when I was younger, but I've not been in one while I was actually driving. Hopefully that remains the case.

Shiny
07-17-2013, 12:51 AM

Omg, no. I would freak out. I hate driving near tractor trailers.

Shorty
07-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Holy shit, the windshield cracks! I didn't notice before that they get hit!

Pheesh
07-17-2013, 03:52 AM
Funnily enough, that's how it feels to drive in a car with Shorty.

Shorty
07-17-2013, 03:54 AM
I am an excellent driver. I saved mine and Jiro's lives.

Chemical
07-17-2013, 04:38 AM
I hit a patch of black ice in winter and almost hit an oncoming bus with Peegee.... I made him get out in the middle of the road and take over.

And then the time I hit a parked car because I dropped a cigarette on my crotch on my way to get coffee for an all nighter study sesh.

Denmark
07-17-2013, 04:40 AM

AND ALMOST GOT INTO TWO ACCIDENTS IN A ROW WITH ME

:<3: :<3: :<3:

noxious.sunshine
07-17-2013, 06:58 AM

-_-; Why do truck drivers get such a bad rep? They're not all bad. In fact, more often than not, a good majority of truck/car accidents are the car driver's fault. What happens is the truck gets heavily inspected and if there's -anything- found wrong on the truck, it's automatically the truck driver's fault. I'm not saying that there aren't bad truck drivers out there - I pretty much grew up in truck driving, so I know that and this gif is a good example. But, they're not all bad. I don't get nervous around them unless I'm completely boxed in - like 1 behind & in front of me and one beside me.

Yerushalmi
07-17-2013, 07:27 AM

-_-; Why do truck drivers get such a bad rep? They're not all bad. In fact, more often than not, a good majority of truck/car accidents are the car driver's fault. What happens is the truck gets heavily inspected and if there's -anything- found wrong on the truck, it's automatically the truck driver's fault. I'm not saying that there aren't bad truck drivers out there - I pretty much grew up in truck driving, so I know that and this gif is a good example. But, they're not all bad. I don't get nervous around them unless I'm completely boxed in - like 1 behind & in front of me and one beside me.

Depends where you are. Here in Israel, the truck drivers are notorious for collecting dozens of traffic and moving violations and only getting their licenses suspended or revoked when they kill someone. In the US it's probably a lot less bad :p

Loony BoB
07-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I was sitting in a car and it ran me over.

Shorty
07-17-2013, 04:04 PM

AND ALMOST GOT INTO TWO ACCIDENTS IN A ROW WITH ME

:<3: :<3: :<3:

:colbert:

sharkythesharkdogg
07-17-2013, 04:52 PM
An example of my handy work.

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz318/sharkythesharkdogg/204LoringSumterSC001_zps7a5a1b89.jpg (http://s839.photobucket.com/user/sharkythesharkdogg/media/204LoringSumterSC001_zps7a5a1b89.jpg.html)

Pumpkin
07-17-2013, 05:30 PM
I actually know which car that is now.

:|

Pike
07-24-2013, 10:26 AM

feck this, driving next to semis in the worst

Anyways once I backed into some guy who was zooming by at top speed in a parking lot. He had a big ol' truck and I have a tiny little Toyota Corolla so it didn't do anything to him and mashed up my rear end pretty good. He promptly fled the premises. Joke's on him, because he left it counted as a hit and run and not my fault :smug: