PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Moments

Rebellious Eagle
07-16-2013, 02:30 AM
So I just got back from my salon appointment, and now my hair is fully light blonde once again, and perfectly styled. I felt great until a certain boy I know told me no matter my personality he wouldn't date me since I have blonde hair (so does he) and it's a turn off even if I have good everything else. Okay then. I mean, I wasn't looking for anyone to date anyway but thanks for offending me.

Fortunately no one has yet called me a dumb blonde, I guess since everyone knew me as smart before changing around my hair color (which, now that I look at my roots, is naturally dark blonde anyway? I can't tell what my natural color even is anymore but it seems to be getting lighter). But it seems there are so many stereotypes and judgments about hair color. Have any of you experienced any kind of judgment based on your hair color? Or have had people turn you down simply because they don't prefer your hair color?

Pumpkin
07-16-2013, 02:32 AM
Not really. I do feel a bit insecure because my boyfriend has a thing for redheads and his ex was a redhead who weighed all of 110 lbs and I have low self esteem so red hair makes me sadface now.

fire_of_avalon
07-16-2013, 04:36 AM
When I was in the seventh grade I was working with a group for an English project in the library. Instead of working, one girl asked a boy "what is the first thing you notice about Megan when you see her in the hall?" He replied "Her weird hair color."

I didn't get it then and I don't get it now.

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2013, 06:36 AM
I walked into the screen door to our balcony on Saturday. I forgot it was there.

And. One time... I was really stoned.. At work. And I rang in a loaded sweet potato with a bunch of other stuff on it. Like tomatoes and cheese and bacon and chili.

Yep. I also used to have a really bad habit of greeting other people's tables like they were mine at Red Lobster. A friend caught it and they were like "Yo dawg. You just greeted my table." and so I told the table, "I was just kiddin' y'all, I'm not really your server. He'll be right with you." And everyone laughed hard. Good times.

Calliope
07-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Are you stoned now, or just being ironic? xD

There's nothing particularly notable about my hair colour. However, people often ask me if I straighten my hair (I don't), and to my bafflement I've discovered many of my friends spend half an hour or more straightening their hair before stepping out of the house. That sort of dedication is pretty amazing to me; I'd much prefer to just be comfortable with my locks as they are.

Shorty
07-16-2013, 06:48 AM
RE, that sucks! smurf that kid, you look great with blonde hair!

For a long time I went thinking that people in general do not like redhead ladies at alllll in comparison to blondes and brunettes until I discovered there's a good many people who prefer redheads and they are in general more awesome than those who do not.

I guess the general stereotypes against my hair color include assumptions that we are a) hotheads or b) that we are craaaaaaaay. Neither are necessarily incorrect.

Yerushalmi
07-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Frankly, if someone tells you that your hair color is enough reason not to date you, he's not worth dating in the first place (unless he's trying to tell you that your natural hair color is perfect and that if you dare to change it you'll be less attractive. Then it's a compliment.)

Rebellious Eagle
07-16-2013, 07:07 AM
RE, that sucks! smurf that kid, you look great with blonde hair!

For a long time I went thinking that people in general do not like redhead ladies at alllll in comparison to blondes and brunettes until I discovered there's a good many people who prefer redheads and they are in general more awesome than those who do not.

I guess the general stereotypes against my hair color include assumptions that we are a) hotheads or b) craaaaaaaay. Neither are necessarily incorrect.

Thanks :D and I think a lot of people are just jealous of red hair since it's a rare natural color...I know I am, I tried being red once x)

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2013, 07:37 AM
I honestly don't understand how girls can forget their natural hair color. :confused:

On topic, I don't think anyone has ever given me shit for my hair. I guess people don't have much to say about dark ass hair.

Rebellious Eagle
07-16-2013, 08:00 AM
It's more like I don't know whether to describe it as blonde or brown. It's in the middle.

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Oh we're talking about actual hair.

My hair is naturally auburn/red. For several years I was the only girl in my grade with red hair.. Funny enough.. I think that's the only thing I -wasn't- picked on for.
I went through a phase of coloring my hair different colors, but now if I do, it's just to kind of saturate my natural color more. My dad (& mom) would absolutely kill me if I went a different color. I tend to think I -am- a stereotypical Irish redhead though (my hair color came from my dad's side of the family, however. Not my mom's totally Irish side).. I have a temper, I can be extremely dingy (they say redheads are the next dingiest to blondes), I burn, etc.

I've never been discriminated against for being a redhead. I -have- been discriminated against for being white though, but that's a different topic. haha

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2013, 08:28 AM
It's more like I don't know whether to describe it as blonde or brown. It's in the middle.

Well that seems more reasonable. I meant in general though, because I've heard it a bunch.

Chris
07-16-2013, 09:20 AM
I have blonde moments all the time. Thought I bought some shorts yesterday, but they turned out to be nothing but really short jeans.

Aulayna
07-16-2013, 11:41 AM
This thread makes me want to get my hair done again.

Araciel
07-16-2013, 02:17 PM
I have black hair. Black hair is the best.

Shiny
07-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Fun fact: there is no such thing as black hair naturally. People with hair that appears black is actually just dark brown. This is what some azn told me anyway.

My hair is dark brown with some reddish tint and I've added more reddish highlights to it in the past. That's as far as I will go. I am never going blonde. Brunette 4 lief.

Denmark
07-16-2013, 02:50 PM
I guess people don't have much to say about dark ass hair.
do people look at your ass hair enough to make this a relevant point anyway

Certain people tell me I have red hair. I don't believe I do. We have a good laugh about it.

Yerushalmi
07-16-2013, 02:51 PM
My hair is normally black, but it gets copper streaks when it's humid out. Especially my bangs and my beard (if I have one, which I usually don't).

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-16-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm a dirty blonde~

I haven't ever gotten grief for my hair colour, though I do use it as the occasional excuse! :D

Also relevant:

Blondes have more fun.

Jinx
07-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Fun fact: there is no such thing as black hair naturally. People with hair that appears black is actually just dark brown. This is what some azn told me anyway.

My hair is dark brown with some reddish tint and I've added more reddish highlights to it in the past. That's as far as I will go. I am never going blonde. Brunette 4 lief.

I thought this was true, except in the cases of Asians. What I read was that Asians are the only people with truly black hair.

Tigmafuzz
07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
The first ten years of my life were one long blonde moment.

Because I was blonde.

NorthernChaosGod
07-16-2013, 10:12 PM

I thought this was true, except in the cases of Asians. What I read was that Asians are the only people with truly black hair.

I'm going to examine my Asian friends' hair more closely now.

Shlup
07-16-2013, 11:32 PM
I don't recall anyone ever saying anything negative about my hair color. I've also never altered it's natural color.