PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Scribblenauts Unlimited

Yerushalmi
07-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Maybe it's just me being my natural, unusual self, but I keep finding dozens of words that aren't in the database. Which is quite annoying, considering I keep hearing how the series is Not Missing Anything.

Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the game. It's quite a lot of fun, and quite silly. And the emergent gameplay is very impressive, even though I occasionally try to use interactions that the game doesn't recognize.

Jinx
07-16-2013, 07:23 PM
This game seems fun.

Denmark
07-16-2013, 07:34 PM
I like being a turbo, flying Maxwell. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

For me, it's a nice vocabulary refresher. I work on a computer and write code "all day" (I'm clearly on EoFF right now) and don't get all that much opportunity to test my vocabulary skills.

Yerushalmi
07-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I always immediately apply to myself the adjectives "invincible flying".

Formalhaut
07-16-2013, 08:37 PM
I've heard of this game but I don't really know much about it.

Yerushalmi
07-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Basically, you have a magic notebook in which you can write any word and that object will appear. And it can be anything - from boats and planes and trains to ketchup, turmeric, potato chips, fans, vampires, Cthulhu, swords, guns, gunmen, villains, superheros, medics, doctors, nurses, civilians, soldiers, Indians, cowboys, devils, demons, werewolves, telephone operators, shavers, bottles, water, snow, snowstorms, rainstorms, hailstorms, sun, moon, stars, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Literally anything.

Though not literally, since as I mentioned I seem to keep finding things not included. But maybe that's just me with my non-standard vocabulary.

You then use these items in combination with each other (and apply adjectives to them, of which there is also an impressive list) to accomplish tasks and obtain MacGuffins called Starites.

Or, alternatively, you use these items in combination with each other and with various adjectives to hold epic battles between a God, Giant God, Humongous Evil God, Good Cthulhu, Monstrous Devil, and Giant Invisible Vampiric Badger.

Your choice, really.

Hollycat
07-16-2013, 11:09 PM
It wont let me create screaming vaginal monster, bat of extreme horniness, working gameboy advance, or Emma Watson's phone number

Jinx
07-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Denmark just gifted this game to me.

I can't wait to spam penis over and over again.

Hollycat
07-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Denmark just gifted this game to me.

I can't wait to spam penis over and over again.
Flying evil penis is way better. Trust me.

Denmark
07-17-2013, 01:33 AM
giant friendly rainbow cthulhu

Freya
07-17-2013, 02:09 AM
It's technically a kids game so you cant do dirty things. I also just bought it on steam. Yay scribblenauts!

Denmark
07-17-2013, 02:13 AM
apparently "endowed" means "has money" WHO KNEW :confused:

Yerushalmi
07-17-2013, 05:07 AM
It's technically a kids game so you cant do dirty things.

Sam has just returned the gift unopened.

Denmark
07-17-2013, 05:13 AM
It's technically a kids game so you cant do dirty things.

Sam has just returned the gift unopened.

D:

Pike
08-02-2013, 12:36 AM
THIS IS THE BEST GAME OH MY GOOD LORD I just spent four hours playing it

Also typing in "Urist" gets you a dorf

Jinx
08-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Rob and I spent an entire Sunday afternoon playing this side by side. He was more than a little disturbed that I kept feeding people babies.

Yerushalmi
08-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Rob and I spent an entire Sunday afternoon playing this side by side. He was more than a little disturbed that I kept feeding people babies.

Yeeees, that would disturb me too.

What I'm wondering is what you did to the people that made them want to eat the babies.

yukina
08-02-2013, 10:00 AM
I love this game! I always put wings on Maxwell so that I can escape any nasties prowling the ground. :)) At the start, I used conventional means of finishing the objectives but eventually, I just went crazy :)).

Saw Pewdiepie playing with Slenderman and Rick Astley ingame and I am tempted to play around and insert a couple of FF characters in there :))

Jinx
08-02-2013, 02:35 PM

Yeeees, that would disturb me too.

What I'm wondering is what you did to the people that made them want to eat the babies.

Nothing at all. They just wanted to eat babies. That's the beauty of it.

Yerushalmi
08-02-2013, 02:43 PM
I love this game! I always put wings on Maxwell so that I can escape any nasties prowling the ground. :)) At the start, I used conventional means of finishing the objectives but eventually, I just went crazy :)).

Saw Pewdiepie playing with Slenderman and Rick Astley ingame and I am tempted to play around and insert a couple of FF characters in there :))

I prefer to give Maxwell the adjective "flying" rather than adding wings, because then I can't accidentally remove the wings. I also add "invincible".

Anybody know what I can do to prevent him from becoming undead, though? It's so annoying that just barely touching a zombie makes you slow until you remove it.

Jinx
08-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Just summon God. He'll fix everything.

No, I am not being facetious.

Yerushalmi
08-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Ever tried summoning Evil God? :)