PDA

View Full Version : Foods you -hate-

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2013, 08:43 AM
I hate:

I'm having a hard time thinking of foods I hate now.

Bananas. While they taste good, I hate them with a passion. My daughter is the only one here who eats them, but she's only around on the weekends, so they go bad and fruit flies appear and it drives me nuts.

Catfish. Because Catfish are nasty. I used to would only eat it if it were just caught & cleaned like 5 minutes ago, but now? Noooo.

Tripa. Because intestines? uh uh. My ex -really- ruined it for me when he brought some home and hooked one end to the sink faucet like a water hose and turned on the water to clean them out.

Hot Dogs that are not all beef or all chicken or all of one meat. That makes me nervous.

Chris
07-16-2013, 08:52 AM
I love bananas...

Foods I am not too crazy about:

Mustard. It seriously makes me sick. The texture. The exoticness of it all. No, just no!

Buffalo Wings. Waaaaaaaaaaay to ruin a perfectly good piece of chicken with some kind of truly horrific sauce. I cringe just at the thought of it. I mean... why? Why would anyone ruin chicken like this?

Cheese Cake. The disgusting texture makes me want to vomit. It feels like snot, and it doesn't taste much better either.

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2013, 08:57 AM
You're a texture person aren't you?

Chris
07-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Horrible texture = will not consume it.

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2013, 09:01 AM
I now understand you a lot better now. My sister is the same way. She likes tomato flavored things, but hates actual tomatoes 'cuz the texture.

Rantz
07-16-2013, 09:23 AM
See: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/148105-marmite-love-hate.html

Pike
07-16-2013, 10:14 AM
Ketchup. :barf:
Carrots. :barf:
Raisins. :barf:

Shorty
07-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Pickles and rice.

Miriel
07-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Pickles and rice.

This is me aghast. I don't know if we can be friends anymore! :stare:

Shorty
07-16-2013, 11:04 AM
No, stop that :(

Miriel
07-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Ok, fine but next time we meet up for food I will show you the magic of rice. Nom nom nom!

Shorty
07-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Sounds good! Also, if you will recall, I did eat rice at the Thai restaurant we went to.

maybee
07-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Mushrooms.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwhlshAwGl1qicu1q.gif

Oh and Cheese when it's melted. Cheese is fine when not melted, but melted cheese is just nasty looking.

But

Mushrooms.

They're mostly poisonous for a reason.

They trying to say " Hey we taste fucking disgusting, please stay away from us " ! TRUTH.

fire_of_avalon
07-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Pickles and rice.

I can kind of understand rice, but pickles? Pickles were the second gift Prometheus gave to mankind.

I hate mushrooms, onions, mango, shrimp, coleslaw and potato salad.

Miriel
07-16-2013, 11:33 AM
Oh my gaaahhh. Y'all are killing me with this thread! :crying:

Shorty
07-16-2013, 11:38 AM
foa's transgressions are worse than mine!

The Man
07-16-2013, 11:47 AM
See: Marmite: Love or Hate? (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/148105-marmite-love-hate.html)

Why wasn't that archived, anyway?

I can't think of any foods I hate. Hate is a strong word. There are a lot of foods I don't particularly like, though. I'm known to be a picky eater.

Jinx
07-16-2013, 11:53 AM
You're a texture person aren't you?

Well, we know taste of food doesn't really matter to him!

I don't like: beets, carrots, onions, most fruits. Since we've moved in with my grandma, I've also come to the realization I'm not a huge fan of German food (besides sausage). I've had German food hundreds of times over the years, but not as often as I'm having it now. I'm willing to be there's a German dish I do like, but I haven't had one yet.

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Pickles and rice.

I worked with a teacher who absolutely -hated- pickles. It was pretty ridic. I had a pickle with some food we'd ordered and she like moved all the way to the other end of the table just to get away from it. Like, she'd go into hysterics and gag and stuff.

I love pickles. FRIED pickles are delish.

Pumpkin
07-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Onions and fish.

Inferno
07-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Mustard. It seriously makes me sick. The texture. The exoticness of it all. No, just no!

Cheese Cake. The disgusting texture makes me want to vomit. It feels like snot, and it doesn't taste much better either.

pickles
brussel sprouts
OLIVES

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Olives, crab, and sweet breads.

Rantz
07-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Oh my gaaahhh. Y'all are killing me with this thread! :crying:

I know, right! I sorta wanna beat some sense into everyone now. :(

Shorty
07-16-2013, 06:50 PM
You know what other foods I hate? Peanut butter and cheese sandwiches. :stare:

Shauna
07-16-2013, 06:52 PM

W-Who does this...

I don't like mushrooms much, and that'd probably cover my disliked food. Tomatoes are okay in certain circumstances, as is rice.

Shorty
07-16-2013, 06:54 PM

W-Who does this...

Pantz. Pantz does. :stare:

Raistlin
07-16-2013, 06:58 PM
I love peanut butter... but with cheese?

The people who hate onions in this thread make me sad. Onions are glorious. And rice? Who hates rice? Sarah, you freak.

I really hate bananas. I can't even stand the smell, or even tolerate banana-flavored things. I can only imagine I was assaulted as a child by a banana (or someone who smelled like banana) and it so traumatized me that I blocked it from my memory.

Also, just so Sarah doesn't hurt me too badly for the freak comment: pineapple on pizza. :colbert:

Rantz
07-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Peanut butter and cheese sandwiches are delicious! :D

Jinx
07-16-2013, 07:00 PM

W-Who does this...

Are you sure you're not dating Chris...? :confused:

Shorty
07-16-2013, 07:01 PM
ikr.

You know nothing, Wesley Snow. Except for the pizza bit, I'll give you that.

Rantz
07-16-2013, 07:22 PM

W-Who does this...

Are you sure you're not dating Chris...? :confused:

Here, let me clear this up.

Shorty
07-16-2013, 07:23 PM
soy milk and marmite aren't even included xD

CimminyCricket
07-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Baked beans are gross. I don't even like knowing that they're cooked on the same continent as the other more delicious foods I eat. I also have an irrational distaste for sloppy joes and saur kraut. Can't do it. Won't do it. Puked the last time I did it.

Jinx
07-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Shrimp is delicious, Pontus. Wth.

Raistlin
07-16-2013, 07:41 PM

That may be the small amount of overlap between Chris and everyone else.

I think the fact that Rantz apparently likes everything Chris also likes is more disturbing than peanut butter and cheese sandwiches.

Rantz
07-16-2013, 07:48 PM

I think the fact that Rantz apparently likes everything Chris also likes is more disturbing than peanut butter and cheese sandwiches.

I knew something would go in the overlap but I forgot what it was, might have been that. And yeah, Chris's circle should probably be about 1/3 outside mine, come to think of it.

Jinx
07-16-2013, 07:49 PM

I knew something would go in the overlap but I forgot what it was, might have been that. And yeah, Chris's circle should probably be about 1/3 outside mine, come to think of it.

Yeah, otherwise you're saying you like to eat chicken talons and broccoli-and-ketchup ice cream.

noxious.sunshine
07-16-2013, 08:04 PM
chicken talons. hahahaha.

I like those cheese peanut butter crackers you get from the gas station. THOSE ARE BOMB DIGGITY.

Also. Soy milk is good. Not good to -cook- with, but for cereal and general drinking, it's good.

That reminds me.

I typically do not like cow's milk. At all. I will use it if I'm making biscuits & gravy or a 3 milks cake or anything else in the baking department. But just by itself? Hell no. I hate it.

yukina
08-02-2013, 06:56 AM
I have sensory issues which affect my tongue (texture and taste) so I can't stand food some people find delicious. I threw that out there so you wouldn't stone me for saying this.

I hate cake.

I can't stand the taste and I can't especially stand the chiffon variety because I feel like I'm eating air and all the sweetness hits me right in the head.

*hides under a rock for a while*

Synoptikal
08-02-2013, 07:03 AM
There used to be a lot of foods I didn't like while I was a disgruntled teenager. But as I've gotten older a lot of the foods I don't like became things I either like (ie. mushrooms, pickles, olives) or will eat because they just don't bother me as much anymore (ie. pickles).

But there are three things in this world that I can say, with certainty, that I hate:

Liquorice;
Aniseed;
Clove.

They are the spawn of the devil and deserve to go back to wherever they came from (the pits of HELL!)

Shorty
08-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Oh man, licorice. I haaaaaate licorice.

Also, stuffing. Like box stuffing that goes with thanksgiving dinners. Can't do it. Same with sweet and sour anything. Sweet and sour and stuffing will make me vomit for realsies. :stare:

Synoptikal
08-02-2013, 07:09 AM
There used to be these roast turkey and stuffing crisps. Those were the bomb!

I'm also not fond of cinnamon, but mix it into something like an apple pie and I'll eat it no bother.

Jiro
08-02-2013, 07:10 AM
I make bold claims about eating everything, and while I have eaten some weird shit in my life, there is also stuff that I dislike and won't eat. Anchovies are foul. I'm not adventurous enough to eat very far outside the general Western idea of what constitutes food, but I have on several occasions with mixed results. But anchovies? Not on your life.

Synoptikal
08-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Oh, I agree on that one. It used to be exclusively tuna and cod for me when I was growing up. Recently, I've acquired a taste for other seafood, like shrimp, prawn, salmon, octopus, crab (and basically any other fish you can put on sushi XD).

But anchovies? Blech!

noxious.sunshine
08-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Licorice is disgusting.

And anchovies.

And sardines. Who the hell made this? My dad eats them like they're going out of style. And that's just wrong.

Jinx
08-02-2013, 02:51 PM
STUFFING IS THE WORST.

I've had stovetop. I've had homemade from white bread, and homemade from cornbread. I've had the tradition onion/celery mix, and I've had my dad's special mix of egg and cayenne pepper.

All of it makes me puke. Literally puke. As in, if I eat it, I will have to clean up my own vomit at some point.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-02-2013, 03:16 PM
STUFFING IS THE WORST.

I've had stovetop. I've had homemade from white bread, and homemade from cornbread. I've had the tradition onion/celery mix, and I've had my dad's special mix of egg and cayenne pepper.

All of it makes me puke. Literally puke. As in, if I eat it, I will have to clean up my own vomit at some point.

I don't know you anymore.

noxious.sunshine
08-02-2013, 06:19 PM
My mom's oyster dressing is the bomb diggity

Chris
08-02-2013, 08:20 PM
i use oysters as dressing

qwertysaur
08-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Pineapple

Lonely Paper Star
08-09-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't think I have a food I've tried that I hate to the point of wanting to get it out of my system immediately, but I will pick off every olive on my pizza, my stews, my salads, just every food I eat. I can't stand the taste of them.

I also don't like bitter melon very much, but I try and stomach some when my mom cooks with it. Some meaning like one or two little pieces.

Oh, and I saw licorice in another post. I don't like the taste of black licorice, either.

noxious.sunshine
08-09-2013, 06:47 PM
annatto seeds.

I don't actually hate cooking with them, but my skin is apparently allergic to the pigment from them.

Khaotic
08-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Crawfish.

noxious.sunshine
08-10-2013, 02:27 AM
Crawfish is good. wtf.

Flaming Ice
08-10-2013, 03:48 AM
I make bold claims about eating everything, and while I have eaten some weird trout in my life, there is also stuff that I dislike and won't eat. Anchovies are foul. I'm not adventurous enough to eat very far outside the general Western idea of what constitutes food, but I have on several occasions with mixed results. But anchovies? Not on your life.

They're actually good in different sauces but not on their own of course.

I mostly don't like eating seafood.. the texture is disgusting and most of it tastes like carp anyways ~.~

but, for some reason, i like canned tuna.

Chris
08-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I mostly don't like eating seafood.. the texture is disgusting and most of it tastes like carp anyways ~.~

wth is going on with the world

noxious.sunshine
08-10-2013, 08:53 PM

wth is going on with the world

Yeah. what's wrong with you lately, Chris?

Chris
08-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Mending my ways. Sucking up to Sarah, so she'll make me a Cid's Knight. :(

noxious.sunshine
08-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Mending my ways. Sucking up to Sarah, so she'll make me a Cid's Knight. :(

There's gotta be a catch to this. XDD <3

Araciel
08-11-2013, 01:56 AM
Tomatoes

I like tomato sauce and everything.. I dunno I just don't see the effin' point of actual tomatoes - put it on a burger and it just dilutes the burger taste.

Aulayna
08-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Mushrooms. Mushrooms are a sin against cuisine.

Coconut. It just tastes like dusty water...

escobert
08-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Onions. They ruin everything they touch. Except onion rings. also Mushrooms. ew. unless they make me feel good :)

Rye
08-11-2013, 10:23 PM
I can't really deal with oddly textured seafood. That aside, I like most foods, especially vegetables.

Shiny
08-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Mayonnaise
Beats
Cranberry sauce
Carrots (though I will eat them if mixed with other vegetables, I still won't like it)
Coconut flavored anything
Eggs (though I will eat the white part of the egg if it has a lot of salt and pepper on it)
Yams/Sweet Potato
Whole milk with lactose (it makes me vomit so of course I hate it)

Synoptikal
08-12-2013, 07:16 AM
Mushrooms. Mushrooms are a sin against cuisine.

You'd hate eating at mine then. I cook, almost exclusively, with mushrooms. XD

Formalhaut
08-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Mushrooms are the -best-

Mirage
08-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Broccoli.

Mashed lung. Yes, some people actually eat that.

Inferno
08-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Mayonnaise

unpossible :eek:

noxious.sunshine
08-12-2013, 09:33 PM
You people are so weird.

Araciel
08-14-2013, 07:27 PM
I am trying to not read the insanity in this thread...

Chris
08-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Mushrooms can be used as an afrodisiac, so I've never needed to drug guys.