PDA

View Full Version : Genes Your Parents Gave You

Rebellious Eagle
07-17-2013, 05:44 PM
How much do you look like your parents?

My dad has brown eyes and my mom has blue eyes and I ended up with green eyes. Don't know how that happened. My dad has black hair and my mom has brown hair and I was born with blonde hair so I also don't know where that came from (although both of them had naturally blonde hair in their youth). My skin is also a bit fairer than either of my parents, and I've been asked before if I'm albino -_-

However, I do have an extra bone in my foot, courtesy of my dad. And I also have a big nose that looks just like my dad's too. I have the same wavy, fluffy hair as my mom. I also think my general facial structure resembles my dad's quite a lot. I think I got way more stuff from him than my mom :confused:

Jinx
07-17-2013, 05:46 PM
I look eerily similar to both of my parents, just depends on who I'm with at the time. I think I resemble my dad just a bit more. I got his beady eyes, pig nose, and square yet vaguely receding hairline.

Pumpkin
07-17-2013, 05:47 PM
I look more like my dad, I guess? I have a round face, brown hair, brown eyes, and I'm 5'6". My mom has a square face, blonde hair (before she died it) and green eyes, and is about 5'3". My dad apparently had brown hair and eyes. He was very tall though. I guess I get ome of my height from my mom, because although I'm not as short as her, I'm the second shortest woman in my family and my dad was about 6'3". Also, I have the Bourbonnais nose that everyone in my family has, except my mom and now my son.

Pike
07-17-2013, 05:48 PM
My mom is super pale with blonde hair and blue eyes.

My dad is pretty dark with black hair and brown eyes. (He's got Hispanic/Native American heritage)

So I am fairly pale but with dark brown hair and brown eyes.

I really don't look anything like either of my parents though. My mom did pass on all of her weird recessive genes to me so I've got the connected earlobes, the inability to taste certain bitter tastes, the inability to curl my tongue and so forth. And I got my dad's weirdly shaped teeth :(

Shauna
07-17-2013, 08:00 PM
All my genes came from my mum and dad. Weird, huh?

noxious.sunshine
07-17-2013, 08:27 PM
I got uh. Let's see... My sarcasm came from both of my parents.

No really though... I look more like my dad I think, but everything came from my grandmother. My hair, big boobs, yep. The things that matter. Heh.

Inferno
07-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Green eyes : both
Dark brown hair : mom
Red haired beard : dad (really ?)
Height : not my mom, she's 5'2 and I'm 6'1

When I look at pictures of father in his youth, it's my face I see. I'm a clone

Rantz
07-17-2013, 09:21 PM
I got my fathers tall frame, dashing looks, and sharp wit, and my mother's gentle nature and luscious lips. I'm the whole package, sugarcup. *wags eyebrows*

Shorty
07-17-2013, 09:21 PM
I am my mother's doppelganger. The spitting image if her. When I was little, I found photos of her as a child and became so confused because I thought they were of me but I didn't know anyone else in the photos or remember when they were taken. Figure, hair, eyes, freckles, feet, hands, boobs (thank god - two of my sisters weren't so lucky) and chin are all from my mama. She looks damn good for her age and is in the best shape of her life! I can only hope I look like she does at 46.

I have my father's personality, sense of humor, interests, curiosity, mannerisms, bad habits and emotional and mental unbalances (see: anxiety and self-isolation).

Pretty sweet combination between the two of them. I'm happy to have my mother's looks and my dad's everything else.

noxious.sunshine
07-17-2013, 10:48 PM
I take that back...

Apparently Roseanne is actually my mom. The bf says I act exactly like her.

Denmark
07-18-2013, 01:22 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/550720_416091951756410_1341811997_n.jpg

theundeadhero
07-18-2013, 01:52 AM
As a kid I looked almost exactly like one of my mom's brothers.
Now I look veeeeeeeeeery like my dad's brother.
How the fuck does that happen? I got my blond hair and blue eyes from both my parents though.

Pike
07-18-2013, 02:00 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/550720_416091951756410_1341811997_n.jpg

ahahahaha holy shit Denny

Quindiana Jones
07-18-2013, 03:43 AM
I have naturally curly hair. Nobody in the past three or four generations in my family has had curly hair.

Shiny
07-18-2013, 04:02 AM
I don't really look like my parents, but I resemble my mother vaguely.

Mom: Nose, teeth, eyes, hair color (we both have brown hair with red streaks for some reason underneath the brown)
Dad: My arms I think? They're really long and oddly muscular and no I don't lift bro. Face shape, I believe my dad's, but my face is more oblong.
Both: My height, hmph :colbert:

I have probably more resemblances to both of my grandmothers which is even odder. It's not like my siblings really look like either of my parents either so they must both have recessive genes.

Sephex
07-18-2013, 04:14 AM
They gave me Levis and told me I was ****ing adopted.

Unbreakable Will
07-18-2013, 05:46 AM
I'm 50% Irish, 25% Cuban and 25% ???
My mom and I look so much alike that it's eerie (my nose isn't genetic a bird bit it in half when I was one, thanks dad...).

Haiden (my daughter) started out looking more like the ex but now she looks like a mini-me. My mums side of the family has strong genetics evidently. The only time you can tell I'm half Irish is during summer where my beard turns red and I get freckles on my nose and cheeks if I spend a lot of time in the sun.

Pumpkin
07-18-2013, 05:53 AM
My son is a splitting image of my ex. He has my face shape (my ex had an oval, longer face, mine is more round) and my cheeks (the ex had hallow cheeks, I have poofy round cheeks), but other than that, he doesn't look like me. He has blonde hair and blue eyes and he is pale like me, but so was my ex, so I'm not sure who he got that from.

Freya
07-18-2013, 06:01 AM

I have the curves from my momma. They are pretty kickin. But when it comes to facial features I look a lot like my dad. Now my hair, who knows where I got that. No one in my family has curly hair. It's a bit crazy when it goes all over the place! You otter see it when it gets it's frizzy!

Mirage
07-18-2013, 06:30 AM
Genes my parents gave me? Just about every single one of them!

In either case, tall genes, and slim genes. Now I'm not slim, but if I didn't have these awesome genes, I'd probably be obese.

Laddy
07-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Whoever made me so damn French looking owes me an apology.

Dat Matt
07-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Well my dad wears 30'L 36'W jeans, and I wear 33'L 33'W Jeans so not much in common there.

Rebellious Eagle
07-18-2013, 06:09 PM
I look super Irish too, but I'm only 1/8th Irish, and I get it from my dad. I have the pale skin and occasional freckles but nobody else in my family gets freckles. Weird.

Shauna
07-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Well my dad wears 30'L 36'W jeans, and I wear 33'L 33'W Jeans so not much in common there.

I saw that you had posted, and I knew that it was going to be a jeans joke. We have spent too much time together. :(

Pike
07-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Whoever made me so damn French looking owes me an apology.

Laddy you might think that's bad but I am 12.5% French-Canadian :(

Pumpkin
07-18-2013, 09:36 PM
I am French Canadian and French :jess:. My mother's father and his family immigrated from France when he was a boy.

Araciel
07-19-2013, 02:01 AM
When I came out of the birthing matrix, I discovered my people had died eons ago.

I still search for scraps of information about the fall of our civilization, and seek revenge on those who destroyed it.

fire_of_avalon
07-19-2013, 03:39 AM
I got my weird toes from my dad's side of the family. My second and third toes are longer than my big toe, and my pinkie toes curve back on themselves so the nail doesn't really grow out. I got what my Mema calls "The Banks dreamboat eyes" from my great grandma, but the color is more similar to my mothers.

I don't really look like anyone in my family, except one cousin and I favor each other a bit.