PDA

View Full Version : The Thread of Good Ol' Homecookin'

LocoColt04
07-18-2013, 03:46 AM
There is but one rule - pictures of homecooked meals! Not some malarky business dragged home from Boston Market, but things you have made! Bonus :cookie: if you take pictures before serving it, just so we can feel how delightfully warm/cold/whateverisappropriate the food appears.

Remember Fiesta Stir Fry? That recipe has seen three revisions since the cooking contest, and the details will be posted in the cookbook shortly. In the meantime, have this:

LOOK HOW COLORFUL THIS IS

Also, how did this thread not exist sooner?!?!??!??!

Pumpkin
07-18-2013, 03:46 AM
Oooooooo.

I won't remember to take pics of my meals, but I'll sure try!

noxious.sunshine
07-18-2013, 03:57 AM
I have pics of stuff I made awhile ago, but nothing recent. heh

Shorty
07-18-2013, 05:12 AM
Damn it! Had this thread been posted two hours before I would have taken a photo of my breakfast-for-dinner.

Formalhaut
07-18-2013, 04:39 PM
If we're talking about home cooked food, it just has to go into the cookbook! (Shameless pandering over)

I have to say Loco, I've never seen so much dedication in improving just one dish. Three revisions!? Blimey.

noxious.sunshine
07-18-2013, 04:58 PM

#1: A -Man-wich. No seriously. I grilled a skirt steak rubbed with this fiesta-citrus seasoning that I loooove - to medium rare of course, some onion, and jalepeno, then -inside-, I fried up Mexican chorizo, an egg over medium (in the chorizo "grease"), some bacon. Sliced up some avocado & tomato. Mixed up a bit of lime-flavored mayo with the fiesta citrus seasoning and slathered it on both sides of the bolillo bread I bought from the bakery. Sliced up the steak, piled it all on the bread... YUM. Also, homemade french fries. Yeah buddy.

#2: That's either potato tacos or taquitos made with left over pot roast. I can't remember which one. But I made super spicy tomatillo-avocado salsa, mexican red rice, & spicy black beans.

#3: Chicken chiles relleno with homemade cheese dip. Sarah Lee has these amazeballs mini slices at Wal Mart over where the "good" cheese is - by the deli.. I got some monterrey/pepper jack. It was yummy and the little slices fit just about perfectly in the poblano peppers.

I think I'ma make some potato soup now. woop woop

LocoColt04
07-18-2013, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I missed the word "Picture" when creating the thread. Anyone wanna fix that for me? ^^;;

Nox, those meals look AWESOME.

Shlup
07-19-2013, 05:49 AM
I just had freezer waffles for dinner. I'm sorry that I didn't think to take a picture for you.

noxious.sunshine
07-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Aqqq thanks LC! Making homemade french fries is an itch.