PDA

View Full Version : [LR] Article: Lightning gets the Miqo'te treatment

Freya
07-18-2013, 08:05 AM

It was teased that Lightning from Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII would have a Miqo'te outfit from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Square Enix released promotional images on their site (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/LightningReturnsFFXIII/) to show the outfit off!

The Miqo'te outfit will give Lightning the victory pose from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn as well as the sound effects that come with it. The Cloud Strife outfit (http://home.eyesonff.com/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/150974-lightning-returns-cloud-strife.html) from Final Fantasy VII will also do the same. During E3 there was a glimpse of a Yuna outfit from Final Fantasy X. This outfit will most likely have the similar victory pose and sound effects attached to it.

What do you think of all this cross promotion and fan service to older fans? Are you excited for all the outfits?

Aulayna
07-18-2013, 08:47 AM
The cross over is also going the other way: http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/151041-final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-lr-final-fantasy-xiii-cross-over-bonanza.html

Del Murder
07-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Oh dear lord.

Mirage
07-18-2013, 03:01 PM
I like miqote, i also think Lightning is pretty, but this just looks dumb.

The miqote RSE was ridiculous anyway. Who would wear a skirt that short? (it's even shorter in FF14 than what Lightning wears.)

Mahad
07-18-2013, 06:18 PM
No comment.

Elpizo
07-18-2013, 06:45 PM
The miqote RSE was ridiculous anyway. Who would wear a skirt that short? (it's even shorter in FF14 than what Lightning wears.)

*Ahem*

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LEk5Qa6sTxk/TZEfHaXEmtI/AAAAAAAAAi0/7SJja3e5qY0/s1600/ashe.jpg

CimminyCricket
07-18-2013, 08:05 PM
They're trying so hard I feel bad :\

Mirage
07-18-2013, 08:19 PM
THat's not a skirt. It's more like some sort of really revealing hotpants. You get panty shots in FF14 even if you stand still and look at your miqote character from the same height as the character herself is.

Carl the Llama
07-18-2013, 08:40 PM
I like miqote, i also think Lightning is pretty, but this just looks dumb.

This girl would:

http://cdn.theatlanticcities.com/img/upload/2012/12/26/swaziland%20miniskirt%20ban.JPG

I am also sure there are many other females that would also not mind wearing such a belt skirt, as an appreciator of such displays I find nothing wrong with Light's outfit /smug

Vermachtnis
07-18-2013, 08:50 PM
That seems out of character.

Dr. rydrum2112
07-19-2013, 02:00 AM
someone once called ashe princess hoochie skirt- what a brilliant line.

Loony BoB
07-19-2013, 07:13 AM
This is my biggest issue with it.

Elpizo
07-19-2013, 10:13 AM
This is my biggest issue with it.

To be honest, Yuna's robes also seem out of character for Lightning, but there seems to be less resistance towards that for some reason...

Loony BoB
07-19-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm not keen on them, either. It's more the pose that is out of character for Light, though. She's not a flirty/playful/catty kind of girl at all.

LadyJuxtaposition
07-19-2013, 08:24 PM
I personally think if she lose the ears and tail; Lightning would still be hot. Besides that part of garment, I think the overall outfit is sexy.

Raistlin
07-22-2013, 10:40 PM

I'm not keen on them, either. It's more the pose that is out of character for Light, though. She's not a flirty/playful/catty kind of girl at all.

Agreed. It's a bit disappointing that Squeenix is taking one of its strongest female characters and minimizing her so much into stereotypical overly-sexualized poses and outfits.

Skyblade
07-22-2013, 11:24 PM

Agreed. It's a bit disappointing that Squeenix is taking one of its strongest female characters and minimizing her so much into stereotypical overly-sexualized poses and outfits.

Yeah, the outfit I don't exactly mind (although I think they could have done a little bit better on it), but that pose is way off for the character. Although, if it is the pose from FFXIV and only there as a bonus, I guess I can accept it. I mean, I love her having Cloud's victory pose from VII, and that's the same sort of thing.

Jiro
07-24-2013, 02:53 PM
This is not as good as I had hoped.

Loony BoB
07-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Just waiting for Lightning to get the Roegadyn treatment really.

Aulayna
07-28-2013, 08:32 AM
It's a promotional outfit. The pose is the same as Miqo'te whom the outfit is taken from. This really isn't any different to the Cloud outfit they're giving for pre-ordering. Heck Yuna isn't really even in line with Lightning's personality but people don't seem to be kicking up as much of a fuss over that promotional outfit.

I think people are reading way too much into this. It's not like it's being added as a canonical element of lore or a development of Lightning's personality - it's a promotional outfit. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Mirage
07-28-2013, 12:39 PM
You could have given her a bikini and made her suck on a phallic ice cream while messing it all over her face and call it promotional too.

Elpizo
07-28-2013, 03:43 PM
You could have given her a bikini and made her suck on a phallic ice cream while messing it all over her face and call it promotional too.

Who said they won't? :p

Mirage
07-28-2013, 04:17 PM
well, the miqote starter gear isn't far removed from a bikini anyway.

In either case, I'm glad this thread was made. I got a nice picture out of it, after all.