PDA

View Full Version : SPORTS!

Freya
07-18-2013, 08:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kpJ0dq4.gif

Are you very athletic? Do you like sports? Do you play them? Are you a watcher of them? Have you been to any big games? Sports stories?

I played soccer when I was a kid? That's about it. I'm not very sporty. I don't watch it either. Well besides the world cup.

Pumpkin
07-18-2013, 08:19 PM
I like badminton. I was good at football (American) surprisingly and also good at volleyball and I haaaaaaaaaaaaated volleyball. My hands are way too weak to play it. BUT I never wore my gym uniform so the gym teacher made me enter the volleyball team in 7th grade or he would fail me. So I did and we got 5th in the province. By the end of the season my hands and wrists were purple and blue. I also got 2nd in the province in badminton, but that's a sport I actually enjoy so that was better.

Inferno
07-18-2013, 08:26 PM
I like wotter polo... yup I'm leaving now

Pike
07-18-2013, 08:30 PM
I like watching curling and horse racing. :hyper:

...why is no one taking me seriously :(

Flying Mullet
07-18-2013, 08:31 PM
I compete in triathlons, which means I...
45033 45035 and 45034
Swim bike and run
Yes, I know that's a beaver pushing the pedals behind Honest Abe but there are no pictures of an otter on a bicycle, real or cartoon, and I'm too lazy to make one.

Shorty
07-18-2013, 09:13 PM
I wasn't in any organized sports as a kid, but I'm damn good at volleyball and pretty good at tennis and badminton.

I watch football and baseball.

Inferno
07-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Seriously, I'm lucky enough to be good at sports in general. I played baseball as a kid and I've been playing hockey pretty much all my life. In high school I really liked playing rugby... so intense !

Last week with a bunch of friends we tried Disc Golf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf) ... you have to try this ! It's a lot of fun

Pumpkin
07-18-2013, 09:18 PM
My boyfriend loves disc golf. I'm terrible at it.

noxious.sunshine
07-18-2013, 09:44 PM
When I was little I did gymnastics & swim team. I was good at volleyball & decent at baseball, but never on an official team - mostly just played during recess or at the park.

Now? I love watching gymnastics. And I can get into sprint car racing. I dig it.

Denmark
07-18-2013, 09:56 PM
I have played soccer and basketball, and ran track. I still currently do none of those things.

I like to watch basketball and football, and occasionally soccer. Baseball is the world's worst sport (it's below League of Legends)

Raistlin
07-18-2013, 10:02 PM
I played a lot of sports through high school, but only soccer and basketball very seriously (I like playing basketball more, but was always better at soccer). I still play them as well as tennis every-once-in-a-while. I'm not particularly skilled at tennis, but my general coordination and athleticism help me at least play reasonably competitively with my much-more-practiced family and friends.

I don't otterly keep up with professional sports anymore except for football (American). I used to watch most of the big ones, but now I have trouble caring that much. I still otterly enjoy the NFL, though, and I still try to watch the games every Sunday during the season -- if only so I can keep up with EoFF's fantasy football league.

noxious.sunshine
07-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Baseball is the world's worst sport (it's below League of Legends)

BOO. Baseball is great. GO SOX/PHILLIES/BRAVES/DIAMONDBACKS! w00t!

Shorty
07-18-2013, 10:09 PM
FUCK THE DIAMONDBACKS GO GIANTS

Pike
07-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Baseball is the world's worst sport (it's below League of Legends)

Dude baseball is great what are you on about bro

Shorty
07-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Golf is worse than baseball.

Pike
07-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Golf is kind of fun when you're actually doing it

Fun fact: My grandpa took me golfing when I was about 14. I'd never done it before and managed to hit par on like three different holes.

I will tell you what I'm terrible at and that is BOWLING

Shorty
07-18-2013, 10:18 PM
I was invited to a golf tournament tomorrow and turned it down with a smile.

Pike
07-18-2013, 10:21 PM
when it comes to sports I was actually good at I was randomly really good at ice skating when I was young (about 7-8 years old) - I'd zoom around the rink at top speed and get compliments from random people - and later (about high school age) I got pretty good at skiing.

I know, I know, Pike actually going outside and being physical. I'm kind of scared too.

Raistlin
07-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Pike is right: golf is fun when you're actually doing it. Back in my teens, I would go golfing occasionally with my dad and grandfather, and it was fun. I never really mastered the long drive, but I had a good short game (that is the opposite of most amateurs' abilities), though I played better when I was with more skilled golfers. I even hit a couple birdies when playing with my grandfather.... and after we cleaned up the mess, I went on to hit 1 under par.

I also like bowling, though I only play about once every couple of years so I'm very inconsistent.

Araciel
07-18-2013, 11:05 PM
In a word, no.

Denmark
07-18-2013, 11:28 PM
baseball is fun if you like games where literally nothing ever happens

Shlup
07-19-2013, 02:34 AM
I was on a softball team once. It was bad.

Yar
07-19-2013, 08:13 AM
I hunt otter.

Aulayna
07-19-2013, 08:36 AM
I used to play Tennis and Badminton a lot and loved ten pin bowling and trampolining.

These days I don't really do anything sporty apart from the occasional table tennis game. Keep waivering on joining the local athletics club but I know I'll feel like a whale amongst shrimp there...

Old Manus
07-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Golf is worse than baseball.The wrong is off the charts. Golf is high tier and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to watch it more (though I can understand why Americans may not be invested as much in it as they have retarded gambling laws, when betting on the golf is the main reason many follow it).

I'm big on sports. I go and watch Swansea City (even though I now reside in Cardiff) when I can and have won the Outstanding Contribution to the Football Thread award three years running now*. I used to play it, until my knees gave way, but it just gives me more time for my first love, which is cricket. I used to play for my university and I still play in the regional league (come and watch, we're playing Maesteg CC tomorrow), opening the batting and dropping catches. It's also kinder to my knees.

I'm trout at rugby but I enjoy watching it, and the same can be said for snooker. The only sports I can't really get into are tennis, which in my opinion is just middle class white people knocking a rubber ball back and forth, and Formula 1, which is just phenomenally boring. At least NASCAR don't pretend that big crashes are awesome.

God, I even watched an American Football game once.

*This may or may not be a fabrication

Laddy
07-19-2013, 10:47 AM
I played basketball (point guard), soccer (goalkeeper), tennis (singles), and swam (freestyle) in high school, being above average at basketball and tennis, pretty good at soccer and swimming. I still watch soccer matches on TV (players are hot) and can get into the NBA Championships to see if the Grizzlies do well. I'll watch anything if I feel like it.

I also played some baseball and bowled, but hated the former and sucked at the latter.

noxious.sunshine
07-19-2013, 11:09 AM
We were trying to go to a Grizzlies game when they made it to the playoffs this year, but tix were like $60 a pop for the nose bleed section, so Jay decided it wasn't worth the trip. Would've been fun. I've never been to a basketball game.

NHL has turned into a big thing here 'cuz of the Predators. I've yet to go to one of -those- too. I wanna though. I try to get into American Foozeball, but I never can. I watch the Super Bowl specifically for the commercials, junk food, and beer.

Jinx
07-19-2013, 01:30 PM
I hate sports.

noxious.sunshine
07-20-2013, 07:07 AM
OOOH YEAH! I love drunk bowling. Drunk bowling is -awesome-.

Unbreakable Will
07-20-2013, 07:11 AM
We Like Sportz - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVdca9U9LM)

Loony BoB
07-20-2013, 10:58 AM
I love watching sports, I don't mind playing sports, but I hate playing organised sports because it means I have obligations and I don't like that. I'm no athlete, but I'm not an unhealthy bugger either.

Dat Matt
07-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I used to be a runner in highschool, and be good at badmington and basketball. Uni took over and I didn't participate in those anymore so I'm super out of practice on all 3. Don't know if I'd be good at them anymore.

Also having a desk job is making me fat. :(

Jinx
07-20-2013, 01:01 PM
l7u9hP4r1S8

Jiro
07-24-2013, 06:14 AM
Still clinging to the semi-retired semi-professional athlete thing but it's closer to mostly retired these days.