PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this time will be different.

Lionblade
07-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Hola, companeros, companeras.

I've been out of the game for a while now. Honestly, I haven't maintained a presence on a game/FF board since AWFF gave up the ghost years back. I was sifting through some of the site's archives, and nostalgia got the better of me. So I decided to register here.

Here's hoping that FF can excite me again - the last one I cared for was released over ten years ago.

Shorty
07-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Hi there! Welcome to our forums! :love:

What's your favorite FF?

Jinx
07-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Hi there. Stick around and post lots! :) Chat is a great way to get to know forum go-ers as well.

Lionblade
07-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Hi there! Welcome to our forums! :love:

What's your favorite FF?

I want to say FFVIII, but I remember how utterly insane disc 4 was. It still has my favorite romance, at least.

But on balance, my favorite is IX. X comes close. I hope whatever the next series installment brings is a lot better than past ten years'. XIII and XIII-2 were horrifyingly linear, and XII...we do not speak its name in this house. :cry:

I know that paragraph overlooked X-2. I'm still not sure how I feel about that game, even after a decade. I really want to like it, the combat & job systems are fantastic. But the story...:|

Shorty
07-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Nice choices!

Lionblade
07-18-2013, 09:19 PM
And it seems I've had my first brush with this site's "filter." Why change words to "otter?"

CimminyCricket
07-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Today is Freya's birthday and she loves otters. So her birthday present is the otter filter. xD

Welcome to the nut house.

Shorty
07-18-2013, 09:20 PM
In celebration of a staff member's birthday (http://home.eyesonff.com/wonder-square/151322-otterly-awesome-birthday.html)! :love: It's only temporary.

Madame Adequate
07-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Don't worry, I'm staff and I don't even know which words become "otter". :p

Welcome to EoFF, hope that you stick around! There's plenty to do around here, both regarding the FF series and beyond it, and if you have any questions go ahead and ask!

Have fun :D

Pike
07-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Welcome to the forum! We talk about lots of games aside from FF as well, so don't worry if you find it difficult to rekindle the FF love sometimes :)

Lionblade
07-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Today is Freya's birthday and she loves otters. So her birthday present is the otter filter. xD

Oooooooh, okay. It's all bueno, then.

I've seen forums where filters like that are permanent. Ain't nobody got time fo dat ish.

Madame Adequate
07-18-2013, 09:35 PM
We do have some permanent filters around here but they're pretty much all swearing related.

CimminyCricket
07-18-2013, 09:35 PM

I've seen forums where filters like that are permanent. Ain't nobody got time fo dat ish.

The only filter that's permanent is the swear filter and the strangest thing about that is trout. xD

Lionblade
07-18-2013, 09:39 PM

The only filter that's permanent is the swear filter and the strangest thing about that is trout. xD

Hmm, so someone can be a mothertrouter? Or a have a trout-eating grin?

CimminyCricket
07-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Correctomundo!

Pumpkin
07-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Final Fantasy IX is the greatest.

Welcome!

Formalhaut
07-18-2013, 11:03 PM
You dare oppose XII's greatness? I shall strike you down!!!!!!

After saying hello of course! Welcome! I'm sure by the week is over you'll be as crazy as the rest of us. That's the EoFF guarantee right there!

Lionblade
07-18-2013, 11:09 PM
You dare oppose XII's greatness? I shall strike you down!!!!!!

After saying hello of course! Welcome! I'm sure by the week is over you'll be as crazy as the rest of us. That's the EoFF guarantee right there!

You wanna fight, tough guy? :kakapo:

Boring characters, boring story, BORING BATTLE SYSTEM. COME AT ME, BRO! :kakapo:

CimminyCricket
07-18-2013, 11:31 PM
The best thing about XII was the voice cast.

Jinx
07-18-2013, 11:38 PM
The funniest time to me was this time when we were talking about fish, I think, and I got all pissy, so I was cursing. I wasn't talking about trout, but it changed it to trout, and I thought it was fucking hilarious.

I've loved trout ever since.

Lonely Paper Star
07-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Welcome to the forum! :kakapo: I hope to see you around the other boards and on IRC~

Jinx
07-19-2013, 12:07 AM
This salmon is really troutty.

Lionblade
07-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Welcome to the forum! :kakapo: I hope to see you around the other boards and on IRC~

IRC is still a thing?! Oh man. I remember using Colloquy way back...

This salmon is otterly troutty.

Non-sequitur: I love your username.

Jinx
07-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Oh, thanks! I do too! :jess:

And yes, I am a girl, not a guy. Shocking, I know.

Formalhaut
07-19-2013, 12:45 AM

http://vodkaandcupcakesdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/thats-right-bitch.gif

Oh, in case your wondering, we are a very GIF friendly forum. No seriously, we love GIFs.

CimminyCricket
07-19-2013, 01:09 AM

Make sure you find your way to IRC then!

Lionblade
07-19-2013, 01:18 AM

A little bit, but...come on, who can deny that Tifa has some nice funbags?

Oh, in case your wondering, we are a otterly GIF friendly forum. No seriously, we love GIFs.

In that case...

http://i.imgur.com/tdrpB.gif

Hold on, gotta finish an internet fight! :kakapo:

Formalhaut
07-19-2013, 01:24 AM
:catfight:

CimminyCricket
07-19-2013, 01:26 AM

A little bit, but...come on, who can deny that Tifa has some nice funbags?

Oh, in case your wondering, we are a otterly GIF friendly forum. No seriously, we love GIFs.

In that case...

http://i.imgur.com/tdrpB.gif

Hold on, gotta finish an internet fight! :kakapo:
I'm patient.

DanielCLFFF13
07-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi Lionblade welcome :) I hope you'll enjoy your time in here :)

noxious.sunshine
07-19-2013, 12:08 PM
hola, bienvenidos and junk. XD

Freya
07-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Yah hah sorry for the filter! It was my birthday and i wanted more than simple happy birthday threads, so I infected the forum. Hehe

Welcome to Eyeson. Final fantasy IX is the best but dont hate on XII too much! At least it went into it letting you know it was different! And it had balthier, one of the best charaters in a long while!

noxious.sunshine
07-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Fran & Balthier FTW

also Al-Cid.. With his greasy grimey sezzy slimeballiness. Mmmmmm

Lionblade
07-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Yah hah sorry for the filter! It was my birthday and i wanted more than simple happy birthday threads, so I infected the forum. Hehe

Welcome to Eyeson. Final fantasy IX is the best but dont hate on XII too much! At least it went into it letting you know it was different! And it had balthier, one of the best charaters in a long while!

FFIX is up there for me. Needed more Vivi.

And the only part of XII I found tolerable was Balthier.

Formalhaut
07-22-2013, 03:18 AM
And the only part of XII I found tolerable was Balthier.

You have my forgiveness. My annoyance? Definitely, but you liking Balthier has saved you. :D

CimminyCricket
07-22-2013, 03:25 AM
It did indeed!