PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race

Laddy
07-19-2013, 10:28 AM
I've recently been going back to watch this.

It's a damn good show as far as competitive reality goes, especially as it's far less focused on the contrived drama and more on the team dynamics, tasks, competition, and locations.

So, who watches it? We should all get together and watch it online some time. :roll:

Del Murder
07-19-2013, 02:28 PM
It's a great show. I agree that the focus on the actual race rather than contrived drama is what makes it so refreshing. My only gripe about it is that watching it makes me want to be in those places rather than where I am. :/

What was your favorite season? I liked the one with the Globetrotters and also Rob & Amber's season.

Formalhaut
07-19-2013, 02:35 PM
I love this series! I've not watched it in absolutely ages, but I very much want to watch em again.

I love the tasks, and how they travel to different countries and meet the locals and frequently get stuck and in trouble. Actually, this thread has got me in the mood for watching some now. Unfortunately, not living in America does impede be somewhat but no matter!

I want me some racing action.

Laddy
07-20-2013, 01:34 AM
It's a great show. I agree that the focus on the actual race rather than contrived drama is what makes it so refreshing. My only gripe about it is that watching it makes me want to be in those places rather than where I am. :/

What was your favorite season? I liked the one with the Globetrotters and also Rob & Amber's season.
Season 3 was good, as a lot of older and more atypical teams did well. Plus, the locations and tasks were fantastic. I also liked that it was rather unpredictable. Season 5 was good too, if only for the satisfying boot order. 12, 14, and 17 are also enjoyable.