PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Korra Book 2 I am dead, I'm dying I'm in the process of dying.

snacks
07-20-2013, 12:45 AM
7ftLm52V1y0

SO if you haven't been paying attention LOK starts 50 or so years after A:TLAB ends and well, it went through a first season etc etc and it was cool but this trailer.

is.
smurfing.
amazing.

SO THOUGHTS?
BECAUSE I FOR ONE AM STOKED.
Also, please watch S1. I'm looking at you Nicolas.

Jinx
07-20-2013, 12:50 AM
We already have a Legend of Korra thread, dear. ;)

But omgomgomg can't wait.

I like that it looks like we'll be out in the world this time, and not all of the focus is on Republic City.

snacks
07-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Is there already one? Whoops. :D

Anyways the trailer is awesome and omg I can't wait either. The trailer music alone does it, but oh MAN.

Jinx
07-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Oh yeah, the music from Avatar was great, but Korra was just fucking amazing.

snacks
07-20-2013, 01:06 AM
Yeah this trailer, The Track Team has done amazing music in the past, especially the music for The Last Agni Kai (currently my ringtone) and oh my god. September needs to come now.

krissy
07-20-2013, 01:57 AM
i bought season 1 on blu ray last week so that they'd get on with season 2

YOU'RE ALL WELCOME

snacks
07-20-2013, 01:58 AM
THANK YOU

I didn't know it was on blu ray D:

Agent Proto
07-20-2013, 02:05 AM
I best rewatch Book 1 to get hyped!

SEPTEMBER RELEASE FOR BOOK 2!!

snacks
07-20-2013, 02:07 AM
rewatch it 300 times!

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN?
Also their bending has been upgraded quite a bit in the trailer.

Jinx
07-20-2013, 02:43 AM
I'm currently in the middle of an Avatar re-watch, and intend to start on Legend of Korra after that. I guess I started it at the right time!

Agent Proto
07-20-2013, 02:49 AM
rewatch it 300 times!

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN?
Also their bending has been upgraded quite a bit in the trailer.

From what I hear, the very first Avatar makes an appearance.

krissy
07-20-2013, 03:03 AM
i just watched the trailer

holy crap

wow

give me a second

wow

snacks
07-20-2013, 04:03 AM
i just watched the trailer

holy crap

wow

give me a second

wow

I KNOW RIGHT????

I'm excited so much so that i've cut up the trailer for gifs and made the music my ringtone.
PREDICTIONS FOR BOOK 2???????

McLovin'
07-20-2013, 04:25 AM
Fucking sick.

Flaming Ice
07-20-2013, 04:26 AM
Just bought the blu-ray too....great show!

But odd seeing the owl spirit in there since his library gets completely buried.

snacks
07-20-2013, 06:13 AM
yeah the spirit owl was a bit confusing, also wasn't what's his face double suicided? there was someone who looked like he could pass for him, or maybe it's a new character. i'll have to screenshot it

krissy
07-20-2013, 06:19 AM
could be flashbacks
or spirit equivalent
but its most likely just that he survived

snacks
07-20-2013, 06:21 AM
you know who i'm talking about right, amons brother and him suicided at the end of book 1 so when someone showed up who looks like his brother I was confused

At any rate I'm beyond pumped for this.

Lonely Paper Star
07-20-2013, 08:10 AM
I saw this earlier today but I want to express in this thread how smurfing excited I am!!! The music, the animation, I just...

x_______________x

Rebellious Eagle
07-20-2013, 09:01 AM
This show is my drug. I've already discovered my college has a lot of ATLA/Korra fans so we'll like have screenings of it and shit and omg yes I am happy

snacks
07-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Yeah I used to have nicktoons on all the time and the avatar was the only thing they ever played, so I would get HOURS AND HOURS of avatar and then when korra was announced and came out I was so pumped!

But this music, the trailer, animation, oh GOD why can't they come out with one episode early like they did last book D:::::::

Flaming Ice
07-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Hopefully they do something good with Asami too like give her a bunch of different gadgets or something.....she's the sokka replacement so she'll need to do something well :)

snacks
07-21-2013, 03:29 AM
yes!

although she looks pretty bad smurf riding a 'cycle

Flaming Ice
07-21-2013, 03:33 AM
yes!

although she looks pretty bad smurf riding a 'cycle

Yeah, but she's shown with Mako again...*sigh* they should have just kept them together.....

And seeing Tenzin in there most likely they're going to use his bison. No Momo filler either :( (obviously you can't replace momo but still).

snacks
07-21-2013, 03:35 AM
DID YOU guys see the new 3 minute clip they have up?

Jinx
07-21-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't like Mako and Korra together, so I don't care if he's back with Asami.

Flaming Ice
07-22-2013, 01:13 AM
I don't like Mako and Korra together, so I don't care if he's back with Asami.

I know Korra needs someone else....

Wonder if the face stealer is going to be in this too...

Jinx
07-22-2013, 02:13 AM
I sure do hope so! I was waiting for Ko last season! My friend had a theory that Amon was the physical world's representation of Ko, which was why he didn't have a face. Obviously that turned out to be untrue, but I still thought it was a cool theory.

Kossage
07-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I too would like to see Koh reappear since spirits play such a prominent role in this season. Would be fun to see Korra dealing with him with perhaps some Avatar Kuruk cameos?

Now that they actually have more or less mapped out this and the following two seasons, they'll have more breathing space to develop the characters and plot things properly. One of the flaws of the first season was that they didn't know if the series could continue, so they made the season quite self-contaned. This led to a quick pace which left much to be desired in terms of character interaction when the plot required to move things along (although thankfully they still managed to squeeze in some moments despite it).

And hopefully they'll tone down Meelo a bit or at least give him more material to work with instead of the rather two-dimensional portrayal which they had in the first season. :p

Shaibana
07-22-2013, 04:50 PM
aaah finnaly, ive been waiting for some news on season 2!!
its been a while since season 1 'aired' (on the internet) and even longer till i heard any news about a 2nd season

Freya
07-22-2013, 05:37 PM
I swear I replied to this thread already, what the crap.

OMG SQUEEEAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The music is so gorgeous :3

Lonely Paper Star
07-22-2013, 06:30 PM
I hope there's more General Iroh. XD

Jinx
07-22-2013, 07:48 PM
AND MORE BUMI

Flaming Ice
07-22-2013, 09:03 PM
I sure do hope so! I was waiting for Ko last season! My friend had a theory that Amon was the physical world's representation of Ko, which was why he didn't have a face. Obviously that turned out to be untrue, but I still thought it was a cool theory.

I want to see him with the face of someone from ATLA =D

They should have made Katara into a spirit too =(

Jinx
07-22-2013, 09:05 PM
SOKKA'S FACE

OR TOPH'S

AND THEN BEIFONG LOSES HER SHIT BECAUSE HER MOTHER'S FACE IS ON THERE

AND THEN KOH'S FACE GETS STUCK

AND HE CAN'T SEE BECAUSE TOPH WAS BLIND

AND BEIFONG KILLS HIM

omg i just wrote an episode of korra

Flaming Ice
07-22-2013, 09:18 PM
SOKKA'S FACE

OR TOPH'S

AND THEN BEIFONG LOSES HER trout BECAUSE HER MOTHER'S FACE IS ON THERE

AND THEN KOH'S FACE GETS STUCK

AND HE CAN'T SEE BECAUSE TOPH WAS BLIND

AND BEIFONG KILLS HIM

omg i just wrote an episode of korra

Lol..a must "see" episode! ;)

I want to see a swamp man's face there too.

Depression Moon
07-22-2013, 10:51 PM
I can't wait this long.

Flaming Ice
07-23-2013, 02:33 AM
I can't wait this long.

No one can :cry:

snacks
07-26-2013, 11:55 PM

lol dante and his child like voice on an adult

Flaming Ice
07-26-2013, 11:59 PM

Yeah...poor voice choice for his age :roll2

Depression Moon
07-27-2013, 12:50 AM

Yeah...poor voice choice for his age :roll2

They did it for the nostalgia factor most likely.

snacks
07-27-2013, 02:31 AM
i like dante and all but man

hearing zuko's voice on a 30+ year old is kinda weird

i miss zuko too

GUYS WHEN AANG FIRST TALKED AT THE END OF BOOK 1 I CRIED I MISS YOUNG AANG ;-;

Mercen-X
07-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Just like the first time I watched S1 of Beast Wars, I only had to watch LoK S1 the first time and I have pretty much the whole story in my head as a result. This is thanks to the fact that S1 doesn't delineate much from its core plot. No side-stories means less to confuse the issue. Beast Wars had quite a few episodes that didn't add to the timeline, but not so much that I couldn't keep track of the core story. In fact, I can pretty much remember the entire story for S2&3. I wonder if S2 of LoK will play likewise.

snacks
07-27-2013, 02:43 AM
S2 looks really interesting as far as I've seen, going back to the very first bender and more on the spirit world and such I mean, the animation alone is amazing. Mike and Bryan really outdid themselves this time I think, they claim to have had the idea for this book since the first series according to reports from SDCC so I CANNOT WAIT.

I just wish they'd leak an episode early like they did the first season, there's a leak but it's awful guys don't get it.

Flaming Ice
09-04-2013, 03:56 AM
From IGN
Airs On: Nickelodeon
Premiere: 9/13/13
Fans can rejoice as Book Two at last begins! The subtitle, "Spirits," hints at the exploration of the spirit world Korra will find herself on, with a story that picks up six months after Book One. We'll meet Wan, the very first Avatar, voiced by The Walking Dead (http://www.ign.com/tv/the-walking-dead)'s Steven Yeun, with other new characters played by Lisa Edelstein (House), John Michael Higgins (Best in Show), Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) and James Remar (Dexter).

Just a few more days!

Jamesfredette
09-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Just like the old times..

Shaibana
09-05-2013, 05:46 PM
so.. when again can we see this?

CimminyCricket
09-05-2013, 05:57 PM
2013 09 13

8 more days.

Shaibana
09-05-2013, 06:42 PM
ooooohhh nice!!

Agent Proto
09-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Next week!
Next wee
Nex we
Newe
Nee
Neve
NEVER

Okay, six more days!

krissy
09-16-2013, 03:07 AM
wasn't bad. but it feels hugely predictable for some reason. gorgeous as always, but these felt like setup episodes and i dont like setups so maybe it'll take a while to get rolling.

Freya
09-16-2013, 05:10 AM
Yeah that urock or whatever guy totallllly seems shady. Also mako sucks now :/

krissy
09-16-2013, 05:19 AM
yeah even the music suggests he was a bad guy
and of course korra is just like 'la de da IM DOIGN WHAT I WANT' when in reality someone's leading her around
do you not remember season 1 girl

Jinx
09-16-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Utalok totally summoned and angered that spirit just to gain Korra's trust.

Shaibana
09-16-2013, 06:50 PM
lol, now that the serie is going further i get reminded how much i forgot!!

krissy
09-16-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Utalok totally summoned and angered that spirit just to gain Korra's trust.

100% sure thing
brother vs brother show down near the end as well

Jinx
09-16-2013, 11:08 PM
My heart just all sorts of broke for Tenzin.

krissy
09-17-2013, 12:15 AM
like omg korra
how short is your memory span
you did this exact same shtick with aman's brother
oops spoiler

Shaibana
09-17-2013, 07:49 PM
for a chance i would like to see a potential bad guy NOT become a bad guy :l
it was pretty predictable that her uncle would do something bad

Hollycat
09-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Saw that ending coming a mile away.

On the positive, how great are the twins!

Shaibana
09-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Saw that ending coming a mile away.

On the positive, how great are the twins!

hilarious!! together with Bolin :D

Freya
09-18-2013, 08:58 PM
maybe they made it obvious cause he's NOT a bad guy. What if that weird guy who is making movies is the bad guy? WHAT IF GUYS

Jinx
09-18-2013, 09:16 PM
That would be an awesome red herring.

Also, Bolin is by far the best character on this show.

Hollycat
09-18-2013, 09:25 PM

That is not how you spell Jinora.

Shaibana
09-18-2013, 09:46 PM

That is not how you spell Jinora.

idd, you spell it like this: Bolin

Jinx
09-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh hey, so the guy that everyone thought was evil turned out to be evil!

I'm loving the Eska/Bolin situations. Great comic relief.

Also, I really like an appreciate that they showed that Aang wasn't the best father in the world, and he played favourites. It does a lot to humanize him.

McLovin'
09-30-2013, 12:40 AM
This Bolin stuff was hilarious. But the episode overall felt rushed and lacked any drama at all...It was like "okay theyre standing trial, okay shes attacking the judge, okay theyre breaking them out, okay the uncle is evil, okay they track down the boat." There wasn't any flow at all.

Freya
09-30-2013, 05:40 AM
This season so far, you can tell was an after thought. You could tell they were like "well we only planned one season... now what"

Jinx
09-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Agreed. I still think it's very good if only because the music, artwork, and voice acting is phenomenal. I haven't given up on the season yet, though, as there's still 10 episodes left!

Also, I still really want a baby flying bison. :3

Shaibana
09-30-2013, 08:25 PM
i agree, i was quit fond on the 1st season, but the 2nd (so far) just does not measure up.

btw. even though The Last Airbender was such a flop, i still want a 2nd movie xD
im curious how Toph would be casted, and Azula didnt even get any chanche to shine :( only an anouncement

NorthernChaosGod
10-21-2013, 04:02 AM
So did people stop liking this? :p

Agent Proto
10-21-2013, 04:11 AM
I still enjoy the show. The last two episodes that focused on the first Avatar was pretty good! However, I wish they would focus more on this civil war rather than this poor love triangle going on. And poor Bolin, he's so different from his season 1 version.

Depression Moon
10-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Dang, I keep on forgetting about this show!

NorthernChaosGod
10-21-2013, 04:46 AM
I thought the Wan story was awesome. Now I want a show about him. :p

Freya
10-21-2013, 05:29 AM
I thought the Wan story was awesome. Now I want a show about him. :p

That.

I really don't like mako in this season. His character is lame now. It's alright, the show but I feel they are just stumbling with this season

Shaibana
10-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Dang, I keep on forgetting about this show!
im with you there.. i think i need to catch up on 2 weeks now

McLovin'
10-22-2013, 05:32 AM
The last 2 episodes were beautiful and awesome. Prolly cas there no KORRA in either of them :D

Jinx
10-22-2013, 02:32 PM
The last two episodes were amazing. THE FOREST SPIRITS HAD SUCH CUTE VOICES OMG. MORE LION TURTLE. But, I really hated at the end how all of a sudden she got her memories back. It just seemed way to easy.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-22-2013, 04:38 PM
I was hoping Korra would actually have to search inside herself for Raava instead of just doing nothing and seeing who Raava is. She should have at least had to talk to Raava before waking up. The Wan story was great, though.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-28-2013, 01:39 PM
The last two episodes were awesome. It seems that all creepy villainous characters are as they seem, which isn't such a great surprise. The whole first Avatar thing was pretty awesome too. If Raava is an essential part of the Avatar Spirit, how come Korra has to now look for her? Does this mean another spiritual journey? Maybe the return to the Spirit realm?

Also, what is up with Tenzin and company? There must be more to it, especially the faded wooden Avatar statue that reacted when Korra unlocked the Spirit realm. Doesn't seem like it is a statue of Wan, but maybe has something to do with Raava?

Somethings that piss me off about Legend of Korra in general though: she never shown a problem with fire-bending. The first series set it up that for an Avatar, bending the opposite element than the one that is "natural" to them is supposed to be hardest yet Korra is all about fire-bending. Korra also still airbends like a firebender, which I am glad it is something that Tenzin remarked about in season 2. Korra's evident lack of balance in things spiritual but her ease with the Avatar state (esp. compared to Aang's issues in the later seasons).

Jinx
10-28-2013, 01:42 PM
I think that learning fire-bending was probably easy for Korra, because she's rash and has a bad temper. But remember how long it took for her to air-bend? She had a hard time connecting to her spiritual side, and she didn't know how to be still and was too stubborn.

So yeah, I understand that it's supposed to be your opposite element, but I think last season showed that there was an element that she had difficulty learning due to her personality.

NorthernChaosGod
10-28-2013, 05:51 PM
The last two episodes were awesome. It seems that all creepy villainous characters are as they seem, which isn't such a great surprise. The whole first Avatar thing was pretty awesome too. If Raava is an essential part of the Avatar Spirit, how come Korra has to now look for her? Does this mean another spiritual journey? Maybe the return to the Spirit realm?

Also, what is up with Tenzin and company? There must be more to it, especially the faded wooden Avatar statue that reacted when Korra unlocked the Spirit realm. Doesn't seem like it is a statue of Wan, but maybe has something to do with Raava?
As far as I can tell, she already found Raava, because she regained her memory. And that's totally a statue of Wan and Raava.

Jinx
11-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Daw, Jinora. <3