PDA

View Full Version : Nashville

noxious.sunshine
07-21-2013, 02:59 AM
I was super skeptical about this show.. Just cuz I consider Nashville my hometown - even though it's not.

I moved here to get away from my hometown and the bullies. And I know that people move here to try and make it in Country Music... I just.. it's really weird seeing my city as the basis of a tv show. I'm super happy for it, but at the same time, the show makes Nashville seem like a place that's hard to live in.

It can be, but anyone can make it work for them.

Spooniest
07-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Not me. I'm a god damn mess. Which side of town do you live on?

Jinx
07-24-2013, 01:51 PM
I actually really want to watch this show.

noxious.sunshine
07-24-2013, 04:18 PM

You live in Nashville?

My 'hood is on the South East side - Antioch/Hickory Hollow area going towards Murfreesboro - the part of 24 (the 24/Bell Road intersection) that got horribly flooded in 2010 was less than 200 feet from the Red Lobster I was working at. I don't know how or why the water level didn't make it over to there, but it didn't. That particular part of town has gone way downhill while the cost of living has kind of shot up.

Right now I live way out in Clarksville, and I feel like I'm in another state.. Or well. I practically am. The TN/KY state line is like 5 miles down the street from us. Downtown is like an hour away if traffic isn't backed up and Antioch is an hour & a 1/2 away. I really miss it there as much as it sucks though.

Anywho... Go watch it Sam. It's -good-. The music is actually really great and I love love love Hayden Panettiere in it. She's sooo awesome. I'm really anxious for season 2 to start. The finale of season 1 was really jacked up and I'm dying to know what happens next.

Spooniest
07-24-2013, 06:39 PM

You live in Nashville?

Yup (http://www.soundcloud.com/johnny-norris-jr). For the last 14 years.

My 'hood is on the South East side - Antioch/Hickory Hollow area going towards Murfreesboro - the part of 24 (the 24/Bell Road intersection) that got horribly flooded in 2010 was less than 200 feet from the Red Lobster I was working at. I don't know how or why the water level didn't make it over to there, but it didn't. That particular part of town has gone way downhill while the cost of living has kind of shot up.

I live the next exit down, off Briley. I was actually out in Leiper's Fork the day of the flood, and was unable to leave for a while because the town had basically turned into an island.

Right now I live way out in Clarksville, and I feel like I'm in another state.. Or well. I practically am. The TN/KY state line is like 5 miles down the street from us. Downtown is like an hour away if traffic isn't backed up and Antioch is an hour & a 1/2 away. I really miss it there as much as it sucks though.

My brother-in-law's family lives out there.

Interestingly enough, regarding the show Nashville, I'm about to launch into a musical project with a member of the 1st season's visual effects crew. Guy's a top tier bass player. :)

noxious.sunshine
07-25-2013, 05:39 AM

You live in Nashville?

Yup (http://www.soundcloud.com/johnny-norris-jr). For the last 14 years.

I live the next exit down, off Briley. I was actually out in Leiper's Fork the day of the flood, and was unable to leave for a while because the town had basically turned into an island.

My brother-in-law's family lives out there.

Interestingly enough, regarding the show Nashville, I'm about to launch into a musical project with a member of the 1st season's visual effects crew. Guy's a top tier bass player. :)

High Fives for you. I nearly got stranded at work when the flood happened, but my ex managed to take back roads to come get me. lulz I got into an argument with FEMA workers one day.. They came in and I mentioned my parents did work for them when Katrina hit. I told them what company my parents were leased to and they were all "Oh, they make money then if they're with that company" and I was like "Are you -kidding- me right now?" ... I don't argue with customers, but I nearly ripped a head off over that particular debate.

But.. Hehehe! We're neighbors! lol that's awesome!

EDIT: Congrats on the music project!! I don't know people personally, but my sister and her girlfriend do. One of their friends works for the CMA and is close friends with Keith Urban's manager. She got me and my sister in to be seat fillers in the 2006 CMA Awards heh.

Spooniest
07-25-2013, 06:06 AM
But.. Hehehe! We're neighbors! lol that's awesome!

Y'oughtta come by sometime and play some games. It's the South, so (I'm sure you'll agree) there aren't a lot of Final Fantasy players around.

noxious.sunshine
07-25-2013, 12:22 PM
This is true. This is Call of Duty Land. My 1 friend I have here makes fun of me all the time 'cuz I like FF. He's like "GOd you're such a loser."

I must say.. I love getting on PSN when I'm drunk and attempting to play CoD.. Cuz I suck at it and I giggle like a maniac and people are like "...omg who is this freak?" I've managed to jack up my BF's stats quite a bit this way. XDDD

Spooniest
07-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Maybe we could organize a fan club out here. Get some more of the ostracized fans around the Davidson county area and just have an RPG party.

Strength in numbers, and all that.

noxious.sunshine
07-25-2013, 04:04 PM
lulz. I know Will is somewhere 'round these parts. Springfield.

Seems like there's someone else, but they're like over towards Knoxville and Laddy is in Memphis. That's the only other people I even know of in TN. And there's someone else in Bowling Green.. tavaryn I believe.