PDA

View Full Version : I'm lost and need help (in Wutai)

Klarkus
07-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi I've never completed FF7 and only played a bit years ago when I was young. Anyway I started it on PS Vita early this year. Not been on since but really had the urge to play again but now I don't know what to do lol.

I have in my team Cloud, Aeris, Barret, Tifa, Cait, Cid and Red XIII who I remember taking back to his home town and then him re-joining me.

I have loaded my save and am in Wutai but I have no clue where to go or what to do. I've had a search around the town and tried to get in the tower where he says "you need to be a member of the wutai village".

Anyone have any clues to where I need to go or what I need to be doing?

Thanks

Sephiroth
07-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Find Yuffie first. She can be found in almost every forest, use the one around Gongaga.

When you start the Gongaga sidequest she will disappear while passing the mountains and you will follow her. Then you will need to find her, et cetera and in the end you can also do the Pagoda sidequest.

Klarkus
07-21-2013, 11:18 PM
i can't even get out of Wutai lol. I just keep going round in circles on the map. I cross the bridge away from Wutai but can't seem to get back to my hover craft

Carl the Llama
07-22-2013, 01:35 PM
i can't even get out of Wutai lol. I just keep going round in circles on the map. I cross the bridge away from Wutai but can't seem to get back to my hover craft

You just have to keep trying I'm afraid, the Wutai area is reasonably complicated the first time you use it.

As for the pagoda side quest, its entirely optional (as is obtaining Yuffie in your team) but Yuffie is one of my favourite members as her ultimate weapon doesn't have its attack power reduced when using Morph.

Jinx
07-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need Yuffie to do the Wutai sidequest. She'll still steal your materia even if you don't have her.

I'm afraid if you've already triggered the sidequest, you can't leave until you beat it or go back to a previous save. :(

noxious.sunshine
07-22-2013, 03:16 PM
You'll have to go from house to house picking up clues. Eventually, she will be in the house on the top right corner of the screen as you go up to Wutai Mountain in the upstairs part that you couldn't get into before.

Carl the Llama
07-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't need Yuffie to do the Wutai sidequest. She'll still steal your materia even if you don't have her.

I'm afraid if you've already triggered the sidequest, you can't leave until you beat it or go back to a previous save. :(

An interesting question, I don't actually know, but I doubt it: how can she steal the Materia from you if she is never in the party coupled with the fact that you have yet to name her (she appears as mysterious ninja in all your battle encounters). Additionally even if you do land on Wutai with the Tiny Bronco having obtained Yuffie, the side quest doesn't actually trigger till you get in a random battle (if she is one of your 3 party goers you will simply be reduced to 2 members and no Materia, if not in party it will be 3 members and no Materia).

Easy way to find out if the Yuffie SQ has been activated: check your Materia, if you have all you summon Materia then the quest isn't activated.

Jinx
07-22-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm pretty sure if you activate it and she hasn't joined the party, she's just Ninja (or whatever her name is) and she attacks you just like normal when starting the quest, except she's already at Wutai.

Sephiroth
07-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Yuffie does not steal all Materia. She will steal a maximum amount of 48 in a particular order.

And if you want to find her, visit Godo then the house next to the entrace of Wutai were she hides behind the wall and then the pot next to the bar. Then she will trick you again. Use the bell next to the pagoda then and you can start with the real part.

noxious.sunshine
07-22-2013, 03:42 PM
48? I thought it was 60....

Raistlin
07-22-2013, 04:05 PM
I believe you have to have Yuffie for the Wutai sidequest, but I could be wrong about that, as I've never attempted it without her. If you don't have Yuffie and the sidequest was not activated (it wasn't if you have all of your materia), then the only thing you can do is go back to the Tiny Bronco. The Wutai mountains can be annoying to navigate, but if you made it to Wutai, you can make it back.

Jinx
07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure it can. I remember one time activating it and I didn't have her. I think.

noxious.sunshine
07-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Actually. Everything I've googled makes no mention of doing the SQ -without- Yuffie. I could be wrong. I'm cleaning and stuff, so yeah.

Jinx
07-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I googled too, and everything I've found says you have to have her.

I swear to god you don't, though. I'm not try to say anyone is wrong, but I sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeear one time I didn't have her and the side quest triggered. Swear on my computer's life.

And that's a serious fucking swear.

Carl the Llama
07-22-2013, 11:07 PM
Swear on my computer's life.

*puts on repair belt* seems you need some slight repairs there Miss Boobs.