PDA

View Full Version : Need input on next game

Masamunemaster
07-23-2013, 01:19 PM
First off this is meant to be a poll but can't do it on my phone so would someone change it for me?

But on with the topic.

I have just finished Parasite Eve 2, and I liked it a lot...but now I have the conundrum of what to play next, and was hoping I could get some help:)

The titles I want to play are:
Suikoden 3
Star ocean: til the end of time
The onimusha series
The alundra series
Resident evil 6(want to get as much done as possible)

I want to play them all, but don't want to have so many stories in my head at once.

I also put this in here so I could get some reviews on some of those. I have played onimuha 1, and alundra 2, but the others in those series have been hidden from me for years. What do you all think of them?

NeoCracker
07-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Absolutely anything but Resident Evil 6.

Tasura
07-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Well first off, if you have a PSP you should play The Third Birthday, since it's part of the Parasite Eve world.

Polnareff
07-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Onimusha. All the Onimusha games except Blade Warriors are really good, but be prepared to spend about 20 hours playing through Dawn of Dreams, the fourth game. The other games range from 2 hours to about 7 hours.

Loony BoB
07-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Alundra, because it's the only game on that list I've played and I really enjoyed it.

Pumpkin
07-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Suikoden III :D

Madame Adequate
07-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Suikoden III or the original Alundra.

Masamunemaster
07-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Absolutely anything but Resident Evil 6.

I actually enjoyed it, but I played so much at one time I burnt myself out.

Well first off, if you have a PSP you should play The Third Birthday, since it's part of the Parasite Eve world.

I can't find anywhere around here to buy it or I would:(.

Onimusha. All the Onimusha games except Blade Warriors are really good, but be prepared to spend about 20 hours playing through Dawn of Dreams, the fourth game. The other games range from 2 hours to about 7 hours.

There were four?

Spuuky
07-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Star Ocean: TtEoT is reasonably fun, except that it devolves into utter nonsense. Also it's either somewhat difficult or trivially easy depending on whether you've mastered the combat mechanics.

I'm not a fan of any RE game post-4.

Raistlin
07-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Suikoden III is an excellent RPG. It has some bugs and issues with being the first 3D Suikoden, such as an awful fixed camera, but it has entertaining gameplay combined with a great story and characters. I've played through it twice, despite it also being one of the longest games in the series.

Masamunemaster
07-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Ok so its suikoden 3 then:)

Polnareff
07-25-2013, 02:44 PM
There were four?

Onimusha: Warlords
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (which IIRC is actually called Onimusha 4 in Japan)

There's also Genma Onimusha for Xbox, which is an enhanced version of the first, and Onimusha Blade Warriors, a sub-par fighting game. Oh, and Onimusha Tactics for GBA, which is an SRPG.

Vyk
07-25-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm impressed that you played through Alundra 2 and want to go back and play the first one. I had heard the second one was garbage. But that may be by comparison to the first one. Alundra 1 was very mature for its time. As in the plot was dark and somber, with real drama, and people's lives hanging in the balance. And characters did tend to die off once in a while. And it's your job to attempt to rescue them from their dreams. Its also got a fun action-rpg Zelda'esque style. And I don't tend to like Zelda games very much. But I loved that one. I won't try to say its worth playing more than the others. But its worth being aware what it has in store. So you don't end up shelfing it any longer than necessary

Masamunemaster
07-25-2013, 10:10 PM
There were four?

Onimusha: Warlords
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (which IIRC is actually called Onimusha 4 in Japan)

There's also Genma Onimusha for Xbox, which is an enhanced version of the first, and Onimusha Blade Warriors, a sub-par fighting game. Oh, and Onimusha Tactics for GBA, which is an SRPG.

I've got the first three, I've not heard of dawn of dreams. I played tactics, but not impressed.

I'm impressed that you played through Alundra 2 and want to go back and play the first one. I had heard the second one was garbage. But that may be by comparison to the first one. Alundra 1 was very mature for its time. As in the plot was dark and somber, with real drama, and people's lives hanging in the balance. And characters did tend to die off once in a while. And it's your job to attempt to rescue them from their dreams. Its also got a fun action-rpg Zelda'esque style. And I don't tend to like Zelda games very much. But I loved that one. I won't try to say its worth playing more than the others. But its worth being aware what it has in store. So you don't end up shelfing it any longer than necessary

Well alundra 2 was just a random buy my ex stepdad got. I eventually found one and two for about 40a piece.

stanletmontena
07-26-2013, 07:19 AM
The onimusha series are the best:D