PDA

View Full Version : Evastio's Marth Cosplay

Evastio
07-23-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure if this was the proper place for it (it might belong in the art section, but I think gamers will appreciate the cosplay more than artists will, so I felt the General Gaming Section would be more appropriate). Anyways, since I cosplayed as Marth at an anime convention a while ago and I finally got the pictures online, I thought I should share them here. Be nice and go easy one me.

Here's a picture of what Marth looks like:

http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/d/d4/Marth_SSBB.jpg/490px-Marth_SSBB.jpg

So what do you think?

Jinx
07-23-2013, 04:17 PM
You should post a picture of the character you're cosplaying! :)

Flaming Ice
07-23-2013, 04:21 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/MarthFE3DS.png

Evastio
07-23-2013, 04:24 PM

Sure thing. I edited it into the opening post.

...it looks like Flaming Ice beat me to it.

Rantz
07-23-2013, 06:06 PM
It looks cool, man. The second picture amuses me because the hat behind you almost makes it looks like you're wearing a tiny cap. :D

Madame Adequate
07-24-2013, 10:19 PM
I like it! Ideally you'd have sharper shoulders and a pair of boots but it's not a bad cosplay at all!

Rocket Edge
07-24-2013, 10:24 PM
^ This. I think adding in boots would add to it a lot more. But yeah, great cosplay! :)

Jinx
07-24-2013, 10:33 PM
It'd also work a bit better if you could get a blue shirt, I think. :)

Flaming Ice
07-25-2013, 02:41 AM
http://fireemblemwiki.org/images/thumb/f/f7/FERK_Hector.png/200px-FERK_Hector.png

You should do Hector :)

Evastio
07-28-2013, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the compliments and input everyone!! :D

Yeah, I guess I'll see if I can find any boots for my cosplay for next year. I'm not sure if I can do anything to make the shoulders look sharp, but maybe some cardboard shoulderpads painted blue should do the trick. And I'm not really getting the blue shirt comment (unless it's about my shirt being aqua-ish rather than blue, which I can fix in that case since I had to change my bluer shirt into an aquaish shirt since my bluer shirt was all sweaty and gross from the first day of the anime convention, and the picture was taken on the second day).

Jiro
07-28-2013, 06:37 AM
That's not half bad, honestly. You do it well. Seconding the other comments; a couple more touches and it would be perfect.

I never noticed that Marth wore a weird headband before, such a strange design choice but kudos for getting that in the costume too!

Never thought I'd see the day where Evastio posted a picture of himself in public. Good to see you at long last, man!

Aulayna
07-28-2013, 09:21 AM
You should get a wig too. :)

Jinx
07-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Your shirt is aqua? It looks white in the photos.

Skyblade
07-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Time for me to be a jerk.

It's not horrible, but you have a lot left to go.

First, the pauldrons. You need the shoulder/upper chest plate in order to complete the ensemble. It holds the cloak out and gives more definition to the outfit. This would definitely be the hardest part of the cosplay, armor work is usually annoying. Foam is usually used by most, I believe, but there's a lot of shaping and painting to do for it.

Second, your shirt. You need a darker blue, and you need to get someone to embroider the gold trim around it.

Third, the shoes. They don't work, you need boots to pull this off.

So, yeah, sorry. I appreciate the effort, and I really like that you chose a Fire Emblem character, but it's not good enough for my taste yet. Sorry!

Now I feel horrible for being mean to Evastio. :(