PDA

View Full Version : Book Club Book Suggestion Thread

Jinx
07-23-2013, 09:35 PM
This thread will be the on-going thread for suggesting books for the EoFF Book Club. You can suggest a book of any kind at any time!

If you like a suggestion someone has given, you should second it or agree. Every month the top 3-4 choices will be polled and the book of the month will be decided.

August Suggestions:
Atonement - Ian McEwan ||
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell ||
Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn |||
Franny and Zooey - JD Salinger
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Merchant of Death - D. J. MacHale ||
The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafron
Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen ||
Wild Seed - Octavia Butler
Unbroken-Lauren Hillenbrand

Depression Moon
07-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Wild Seed by Octavia Butler is a great book.

Shauna
07-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Here's what we've got so far.

Suggestions
Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
Franny and Zooey - JD Salinger
The Merchant of Death - D. J. MacHale
Wild Seed - Octavia Butler

Jinx
07-23-2013, 11:41 PM
I second Gone Girl.

I'd also like to suggest One Hundred Years of Solitude, Atonement, and Water for Elephants. I'm suggesting these for no other reason that they're pretty high up on my Goodreads to-read list, and I haven't read them yet. :D

Shauna
07-23-2013, 11:48 PM
If you wanna edit all the suggestions into the first post, we can keep them all in one place.

Jinx
07-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Done and done. :D

Miriel
07-24-2013, 10:53 AM
I second Gone Girl.

I'd also like to suggest One Hundred Years of Solitude, Atonement, and Water for Elephants. I'm suggesting these for no other reason that they're pretty high up on my Goodreads to-read list, and I haven't read them yet. :D

I've read all of those and loved Atonement & Water for Elephants. :up:

Some good Book Club-y books imho:

Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

Gone Girl is a great book club choice, but it's stupidly not out for paper back yet. I think it's coming out in paperback on September 4th though, which is not too far off! :excited:

Jinx
07-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Well, people can take that into account when they second things and vote. :) I just get all of my books from libraries, but I can definitely understand why people would want to wait for paperback.

So, can I take it you've seconded Atonement, Water for Elephants, and Gone Girl? I'll but those up there as well as your suggestion. Which I second Cloud Atlas, because that's also on my to-read list. :D

Shorty
07-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Cloud Atlas! I am in the middle of reading it now! :love:

Scotty_ffgamer
07-25-2013, 01:42 AM
I'll second Merchant of Death