PDA

View Full Version : Majora's Mask

Pumpkin
07-25-2013, 07:29 PM
This isn't a thread to debate if this game is better or worse than OoT or LttP or whatever you guys are talking about so if that's what you have come here to say you can just
http://resource.mmgn.com/Gallery/full/8Z2CXFPT.jpg

DISCUSS THE AWESOME GAME OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK

Why it is so awesome:
-I hate having time limits imposed, but it worked well with this game.

-Because of the 3 days, the NPCs had their own routine and the routine's would change depending on your actions. I can't tell you how many times I just stalked the NPCs and documented their daily routines. Because I'm crazy like that. The NPCs ere relateable in a way I haven't found in many other RPGs.

-It's surprisingly upbeat and sad at the same time. It's got the lighthearted music (in some cases) colorful areas, bubbly characters. You go around saving people and in some cases in such a drastic way (like clearing the snow for the Goron's, it's spring, it's beautiful) that you can't help but feel good. But then it occurs to you that when you save one place, you neglect the others. The Goron's freeze to death, the little girl gets eaten, the monkey gets burned alive, Anju and Kafei's wedding fails, etc.

-Because it had the darker undertones, the game felt deep and engaging. I enjoyed the story, it kept me interested and wanting to see and play more.

-While the game itself if you just do the necessary parts was pretty short, they added in more sidequests than you can shake a stick at. I like me some sidequests.

-The masks. I liked how they did different things, ranging from useful to who are we kidding, it's just funny to wear that on your head. Also the transformation masks. It brought a different element to the series. I especially loved playing as a Zora.

-http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/majoras-mask-creepypasta-ben-drowned obviously fake but it scared me more than a lot of horror movies to date, and I've taken a long hiatus from my current playthough because when I play I can't get this out of my head o.o.

-A lot of interesting fan theories on the game, if you care to read them. Look some up sometime.

Aulayna
07-25-2013, 07:38 PM
It's rather simple but I loved the Romani Ranch little story line with "them" and defending the ranch cart on the way to clock town. It was such a little story but it was so sweet and touching, especially at the end where Cremia knows the fate that's about to befall Termina and lets Romani drink Chateau Romani and spend the night in her bed so that they can spend their last hours together. It was so touching.

I think it just resonated me because I never really imagined myself as much of a Link. Cremia and just running a little ranch and just trying to go about the day to day whilst keeping those I care about safe just seems more... me.

Denmark
07-25-2013, 10:04 PM
the soundtrack omg

i could listen to the opening title theme all day

Jinx
07-25-2013, 10:50 PM
BEN DROWNED

is the only good part of this game

Formalhaut
07-25-2013, 11:13 PM
I've never played this game but I'd very much love to.

Flaming Ice
07-25-2013, 11:19 PM
BEN DROWNED

is the only good part of this game

Fool's tale :roll2

Oh...but I recently saw some thing somewhere you can get the soundtrack with nintendo points or whatever it is.

Del Murder
07-26-2013, 03:45 AM
It's pretty fun. The time travel element was really groundbreaking.

sharkythesharkdogg
07-26-2013, 04:00 AM
I've played a little of it, and deku Link looks freakin' tormented. Then you talk to the Butler Deku later, and you hear how his son is missing. Then you remember how to make a mask someone has to die, and damn it skull kid what did you do to that poor little Deku kid?!?!?

This game is fun, but pretty dark sometimes.

Pumpkin
07-26-2013, 04:04 AM
The music is excellent too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDX4ZwUeOok
Oh my gosh the feels for this song. THE FEELS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f72iBfWWqlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gLPkuFpL1k&list=PLD26E2C3E2CC2E66A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONmo8HzuSGg&list=PLD26E2C3E2CC2E66A

Aulayna
07-26-2013, 02:07 PM
This game is fun, but pretty dark sometimes.

Yup it's very dark and some of the side storylines are really heart wrenching. It's just a shame that so much of Termina was buried in optional quests because some of the best parts of the game aren't on the main story line.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-26-2013, 07:07 PM
I haven't played Majora's Mask in forever. I honestly never got far in that game at all. I just didn't really understand what was going on when I played it as a kid, and I rented it. The time limit intimidated me, and I don't think I ever really understood the whole reversing time mechanic. I sucked at games back then, haha. I need to pick this game up someday and play through it.

Depression Moon
07-26-2013, 10:31 PM
It's rather simple but I loved the Romani Ranch little story line with "them" and defending the ranch cart on the way to clock town. It was such a little story but it was so sweet and touching, especially at the end where Cremia knows the fate that's about to befall Termina and lets Romani drink Chateau Romani and spend the night in her bed so that they can spend their last hours together. It was so touching.

I think it just resonated me because I never really imagined myself as much of a Link. Cremia and just running a little ranch and just trying to go about the day to day whilst keeping those I care about safe just seems more... me.

Also what I like about that scene is when you fail to protect the ranch and Romani gets kidnapped. She returns the next day, though I think a lot of people miss it and think she only appears on the third day, but she does indeed appear on the 2nd day. She's near the front of the ranch and when you talk to her it's just ellipsis.

I think she was probed.

Jowy
07-27-2013, 07:47 AM
I've saved Hyrule more times than I can remember; reuniting Anju and Kafei before the moon falls is the most rewarding experience in any LoZ game, past, present, and future.

NeoCracker
07-27-2013, 02:03 PM
My favorite Zelda game to date. You are hard pressed to find a better use of a time travel mechanic being used so damn well.

Pike
08-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Majora's Mask was great. We never actually owned it, just rented it, so I never got to finish it and ffffffffffffffffFFFFFFF I was moping around the house depressed for days when we had to take it back.

Depression Moon
08-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Just found my copy of the game after years of it in the abyss. Thank you Aunt for cleaning my room while I was away at school.