PDA

View Full Version : Increased Age, Increased Intolerance

Madonna
07-25-2013, 11:08 PM
The older I get, the less patience I have for other people and their silly views. In the same vein, I also share less to hassle others*. How has age tempered your ability to interact with others?

*This sentence makes sense. If everything hassles, and it does, sharing less does less hassling. Fuck you, I am right.

Pike
07-25-2013, 11:10 PM
I consider pretty much everyone under the age of about 24 to be a kid.

Like these girls probably in their early-20s showed up in my department at work the other day and I just sat there wondering "wtf, why aren't these kids in school, freaking summer, where are their parents, they better not make a mess"

Madame Adequate
07-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Yeah whenever I see people younger than me I think "Are those kids in college? :eyebrow:".

You know it's bad when the doctors start being younger than you.

Shorty
07-26-2013, 12:16 AM
The older I get, the lazier I get. If that's even possible. Is this worth the amount of effort I need to exert in order to begin/complete/whatever it? No? Then I'm not doing it.

But also no patience for early twenty-somethings and teenagers.

Carl the Llama
07-26-2013, 01:36 AM
I used to be highly intolerant, I have changed (for the better I hope) towards such people now.

I am still pretty lazy when it comes to certain things though.

Laddy
07-26-2013, 01:38 AM
Apparently I'm still a little kid. Maybe Pike and Hux can adopt me or something. :colbert:

rubah
07-26-2013, 02:21 AM
The older I get, the less patience I have for other people and their silly views. In the same vein, I also share less to hassle others*. How has age tempered your ability to interact with others?

*This sentence makes sense. If everything hassles, and it does, sharing less does less hassling. Fuck you, I am right.

*hassles your tassles*

Raistlin
07-26-2013, 02:45 AM
I also have much less patience with silliness, although that makes me more likely to start ignoring stupid people than engaging them.

And I agree with Pike: the definition of "young people/kids/annoying brats" has gotten increasingly broader over the years.

Jiro
07-26-2013, 04:31 AM
I keep getting "holy shit you're only twenty" which is pretty awesome. I don't know how though, I still look fifteen.

The Man
07-26-2013, 05:13 AM
I have basically no patience for people's bullshit anymore. I'm getting to the point where sometimes I can't even fake it at work. I'm pretty sure work itself is a large part of the reason for my reduced tolerance.

stanletmontena
07-26-2013, 06:51 AM
On the contrary i think the older i am getting more patience i am getting and i am able to think before acting else i would first act and then think "WTF did i do". well i guess getting old makes major changes.

Loony BoB
07-26-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm less tolerant with some things. I'm more tolerant with other things. It's really hard to generalise in this case, but yeah.

I will say that I'm blunter with my opinions than ever before, though. :p Perhaps one of the biggest changes (and a great change it is) is that I no longer can be arsed debating with people over things like politics, religion and major social issues. I find it drab, boring and there quickly comes a point that you realise that no matter what you say, nothing will change in the wider scheme of things, let alone one mere person's opinion.

NeoCracker
07-26-2013, 12:46 PM
I notice I just lose care the older I get. For example, this last saturday I was drinking with a bunch of co-workers prior to getting home and harrassing EoFF drunkenly, and I heard one of my co-workers say as I spoke with them on the topic of religion, oddly enough drunk me was being very polite and respectful, and I pretty much just veared away from the conversation instantly when she said 'Carbon dating is inaccurate anyway'. Normally this shit gets me mad, but I was all 'You know, it just isn't worth it', and instead talked about music and shit. :p

noxious.sunshine
07-26-2013, 04:39 PM
I consider pretty much everyone under the age of about 24 to be a kid.

Like these girls probably in their early-20s showed up in my department at work the other day and I just sat there wondering "wtf, why aren't these kids in school, freaking summer, where are their parents, they better not make a mess"

This. I agree with this entirely. Like I never realized that I went through this "Know-It-All" phase until I hit like 26 or so, even though it just kinda ended sooner than 24. I worked with a girl who was like 20, but acted 12 & tried to pull off this "mature, smart person" act and I was just so annoyed with her all the time.

But anyway, I keep to myself for the most part. If people don't bother me, I won't bother them. And now that I'm getting older, I realize I take after my dad in a couple of ways like.. I don't think I know it all, but things that I believe to be right are right and I'm almost never wrong.

Shorty
07-29-2013, 12:15 AM
The older I get, the more fed up I become with society's standards for beauty in both men and women. I think there is maybe a little more pressure in America, but I could be very wrong. I realize it's not a competition, though.

Faris
07-29-2013, 02:46 AM
Age hasn't reduced my level of patience but has improved bulltrout my detector which I never really had much of a tolerance for.

Freya
07-29-2013, 06:41 AM
I get less tolerant of kids hanging out in parking lots. Before I was like oh whatever. Now i'm like "I LEFT THE OTHER JOB CAUSE YOU ALMOST HIT MY CAR NOW YOU'RE AT THIS PARKING LOT TOO?! GO HOME." Okay I didn't quit my job cause they almost hit my car, but they did almost hit my car cause they'd hang out in the Gamestop parking lot. Well now that's getting busted up so they are at my new job's parking lot. Seriously, go hang out at someone's home who's parents are trying to be the "cool" parents and leave my car alone.

I am less tolerant of douchey teenagers who act like jerks to be cool. After working in retail where mostly young adults came in, I hate it. When I was young it was like "yeah what douches". Now i'm like "Shut up god, go away you douchey little prick."

Shorty
07-29-2013, 06:42 AM
Kids still hang out in parking lots? Shouldn't they be at home on the internet?

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
07-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Personally, that's how most of my maternal clan is. Because of the way they raised me, I see more of myself as an inversion of them.