PDA

View Full Version : The best horror story you can come up with in two sentences.

Shorty
07-27-2013, 03:28 AM
I found this on reddit and thought it intriguing!

I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”

Have at it! I'm still thinking.

Raistlin
07-27-2013, 03:46 AM
Loony BoB brings over a new invention he wants to try out with you: body marmite.

I only needed one.

Sephex
07-27-2013, 04:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/slmGqcn.jpg

Shauna
07-27-2013, 09:25 AM
And then I looked at the most recent post in Quina's Kitchen. It was Chris.

Psychotic
07-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I'll give you a true one.

On vacation as a kid my family were staying in a cottage and after a fitful sleep I looked out of the window one moonlit night at an ungodly hour. A pale woman was crossing the field facing away from me yet she stopped, turned to look right through me and let out the scream that has haunted me ever since.

noxious.sunshine
07-27-2013, 12:39 PM
On a dark and stormy night, I got really drunk...
And joined EoFF.

Unbreakable Will
07-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Once, my child was struggling against going to bed and after countless calm attempts to get her to sleep I lost my cool and yelled one time to go to sleep.

She looked up at me, smiled creepily and said in a far deeper voice than I'd ever heard her use, "Goodbye daddy." rolled over and promptly went to sleep.

DMKA
07-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Check. Engine.

fire_of_avalon
07-27-2013, 03:32 PM
This reminds me of Hemingway's (or maybe not, if you look at the history) six word novel. "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

I'll think of something scary.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-27-2013, 04:22 PM
I stood in the dim lamplight, blood dripping from the knife I now clenched. As I looked at the crumpled body on the floor, my own lifeless eyes stared back at me.

(This isn't good, but it's the best I can come up with right now. I do have a good one I came up with last night when a friend made me read that thread on Reddit, but I need to remember how it went.)

Agent Proto
07-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Alone in my dark bedroom in the wee hours of the night, I had my full attention to the bright monitor of my laptop on my desk at the isolated corner of my room, when I suddenly felt a tap on the back of my shoulder. I am supposed to be by myself, or so I thought.

Shorty
07-27-2013, 06:43 PM
While I waited for the 20:22 bus, a man down the street had caught my eye, given a strange smile, then disappeared between the cars when I tried to get a glimpse of him a second time. Seeing his photograph on the late night news and listening to the reporters discuss that this afternoon, on the corner of Fourth Street and Howard, he had thrown himself in front of the Greenline bus and dragged for several miles before finally being discovered at the next stop gave me an uncomfortable sort of feeling that I cannot quite put into words.

Calliope
07-27-2013, 07:19 PM
We all knew it was happening: War, deforestation, poverty, starvation, loss of rights, all marching along in a slow decline. We shrugged off responsibility, changed the channel, plugged away at Farmville, and thought ourselves powerless - until we were.

Rantz
07-27-2013, 07:22 PM
It was almost sunset as he followed her into the woods, enchanted by her beauty and the gleeful glances she sent back to him as she ran, throwing her clothes off as she went. When he found her standing naked in front of him and embraced her in a fit of passion, a hiss in his ear was the last thing he heard as his hands found the gaping hole in her back.

Scotty_ffgamer
07-27-2013, 08:54 PM
I froze as my eyes fell upon the girl standing outside my window in the snow. She placed a finger upon the lips of her blood-smeared porcelain mask and then pointed behind me.

(Still not the one I came up with last night. It's probably gone forever. This 2-sentence story has reminded me of a project I wanted to do at one point which consisted of me free-writing a short story for 5 pages or something, then shorten it down to a page, then a paragraph, 2 sentences, one sentence, one word. I would then do the same thing in reverse until I get to 5 pages again just to see how the story would change and evolve. That would be a fun project for this week).

Jinx
07-27-2013, 10:21 PM
I sat staring at the test as the minutes passed. I looked at it, and there were two blue lines.

Formalhaut
07-27-2013, 11:10 PM
In the dark, deepest depths of the restaurant... in a section closed off from the public, lay a snarling, husk of a human, grovelling greedily at the dingy plate. I approach warily, not wanting to disturb him in fear that I may be next. In the gloom, I catch a glimpse of chicken feet, but even then that is quickly snatched away. I ask a nearby waiter what the creature is, and with hushed voices, he utters it's name.

Chris.

Shorty
07-27-2013, 11:11 PM
That's more than two sentences, but I'll let it slide.

Masamunemaster
07-28-2013, 06:20 AM
There I laid, in my comfortable bed, unable to sleep I keep looking for anything to help. After hours I finally decide to walk around my top floor apartmet, when I stand the only thing I find is the street my mothers blood flowed on...

Agent Proto
07-28-2013, 06:23 AM
It was a dark and stormy night. Oh smurf, I messed this up!

Chemical
07-28-2013, 06:36 AM
First outbreak at 0500 hours, Kiev, Ukraine: it ate her from the inside out, the baby was already partially digested. We called it "Carnivorous Placental Animation" or CPA for short.

Shaibana
07-29-2013, 02:52 PM
a horror story in 2 sentences:

the last man in the world sat in a room.
then he heard a knocking on the door

leader of mortals
08-01-2013, 03:13 AM
Walking in front of a mirror, my reflection catches my eye. As I look at myself, it does not look back at me.

Sephex
08-01-2013, 03:20 AM
WEIRD PICTURE:http://i.imgur.com/slmGqcn.jpg

Thanks, Dragon King. Anyway, I'll have a go at this idea for real now.

"I thought the frantic scratching on my bedroom floorboards all night was my cat. Turns out the darn things was outside all night."

blackmage_nuke
08-01-2013, 03:41 AM
A notification pops up. You open your inbox and see it isn't rep.

Jinx
08-01-2013, 03:44 AM

It's a PM with a picture attachment. And it's from Raistlin.

Shorty
08-01-2013, 03:45 AM

But he's not online.

Sephex
08-01-2013, 03:46 AM

But he's not online.

THEN WHO WAS PM?!

Shorty
08-01-2013, 03:47 AM
THAT'S THE MYSTERY

Jinx
08-01-2013, 03:49 AM

But he's not online.

He's standing right behind you. Watching your face as you peruse the happy trail that is visible from his bikini top to bikini bottoms.

Flaming Ice
08-01-2013, 03:50 AM

But he's not online.

THEN WHO WAS PM?!

IT'S COMING TO GET US.
RUN, FAR AWAY

https://www.bellezzaimports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Blog-Purple-Bag.jpg

Madame Adequate
08-01-2013, 04:32 AM
There's a knock at the door.

It's Daniel Towns with a pair of scissors.

TrollHunter
08-01-2013, 05:00 AM
Last week we caught a strange sort of feline while investigating a toxic area, and while the curious animal lay chained in a padded room we set up, one thing continued to elude us; a small pool of blood that surrounded its body.
Every night the pool somehow increased in size, and every day the grotesque smile on the beasts face grew larger as it stared into our eyes.

This ones crap, but I need to do something to get my creative juices a-flowin'.

Pike
08-01-2013, 11:02 AM
There's a new thread in the food forum. It was made by Chris.

Old Manus
08-01-2013, 11:26 AM
I turned up to the the train station late one morning.

I had to buy the Daily Mail.

maybee
08-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Lightning Farron appears in Kingdom Hearts III

A game that you've wait months and years for.

Sir Lancealot
08-02-2013, 11:44 AM
The score is 19 to 18 in golden point. Queensland have won their ninth State of Origin series in a row.

Iceglow
08-02-2013, 12:14 PM
They announced it on the news today, you know what they said? They said that you died last night.

Synoptikal
08-02-2013, 01:18 PM
I can do it in three words.

Ahem...

Lightning returns. Again.

Araciel
08-02-2013, 05:33 PM
I am alone in a cabin on a small temperate island in the middle of a lake for one week.

On the first night someone or something is smashing into the door for about three minutes, then silence returns..

Chris
08-02-2013, 05:59 PM
you have to prick

the vagina

:stare:

Synoptikal
08-02-2013, 08:46 PM
The sweat was glistening on my body as I climaxed.

I looked down and saw that Miss Widdecombe was satisfied.

I threw up in my mouth a little writing that.

theundeadhero
08-03-2013, 05:14 PM
The American government has abolished their two presidential term limit. We're heading into another four more years.

drotato
08-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Rantzien fucked a whale. He proceeded to have it's babies.