PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious moments/quotes in gaming

NeoCracker
07-27-2013, 03:00 PM
So I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei IV and negotiating with a slime demon to join my group.

"Hey, are you a monkey?"
"No, I'm a human."
"Aww, he thinks he's people. Okay I'll join you."

Share hilarious moments!

Raistlin
07-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Pretty much all of the dialogue from Lunar: SSSC, especially Nall's ever-insightful commentary. The different versions have slightly different translations, but all of them are gold. One of the best examples of great localization for JRPGs.

Jessica: Wow, Kyle. I had no idea you were such a talented thespian!
Kyle: Thespian? Aren't I the wrong gender for that, Jess?

Nash: Go with you...? Well, protecting beautiful women and simpletons is the duty of every Guild member. All right. I will travel to the hag's house with you. I just hope you all appreciate my exceedingly kind gesture!
Ramus: Ooohh... I think I have a headache...
Nall: I think Nash IS a headache...

Jessica: Kyle, I've seen you do a lot of stupid things, and I've just seen one more.

Nall: Call the men in white coats, this one's a keeper.

(While sculpting Luna)
Nall: Jessica, you used too much clay. They're not THAT big!
Nall: Kyle... you suck.

NeoCracker
07-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Another from Shin Megami IV, when recruiting Lham Dearg

Lham Dearg: So the other day a damsel saw me and ran away screaming. Tell me, why did she do that?

Answer: Because you are so cute.

Lham Dearg: Really? Up until now I've seen those he-hoing fools get all the limelight! Now times have changed, I will be the one with the tee-shirts and action figures!

...Yeah, that's really only funny if you know who he's talking about. :p

Pumpkin
07-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Eternal Sonata:
Allegretto: You know what they say, 'if you don't go into the lion's den, you can't count your chickens.'
*sound of wind blowing*
Viola: ........That doesn't make any sense.

Madame Adequate
07-27-2013, 04:19 PM
"Do you know anything about lifting curses?"
"Oh right, I know a lot about lifting curses. That's why I'm a disembodied talking skull sitting on top of a spike in the middle of a swamp."

I mean, any of Murray's lines really, heck almost any line in Monkey Island.