PDA

View Full Version : First Listen to FFX|X-2s New Drama Scene

Freya
07-28-2013, 10:33 PM

As we reported (http://home.eyesonff.com/content/2643-extra-30-mins-added-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd.html) before, Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster will be receiving an extra 30 minute drama scene at the end of the games. An exclusive 2 minute video has been released in Japanese to give a hint of what the scene will include.

With new voice actors as well as the original voice actor of Tidus, they talk briefly of their story. Take a listen: (it's in Japanese though)

GLO1PC_ZQpY

Courtesy of Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/25/first-listen-to-final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remasters-new-drama-scene/) we have a translation for you!

Tidus: “It’s been two years since Spira entered the Eternal Calm. I was given a new life. For an entire year, I was able to walk alongside Yuna. It was fun. It really was.”

Chuami : “Kurgum and I were walking around the Bevelle stadium road, formerly known as Mika Road. The stadium that should’ve been completed by now is still under construction, so I wonder if the tournament will actually take place here. If not, I wonder how the Spira council will take responsibility. Oh well, it doesn’t matter to me. I have nothing to do with it. The only issue for me is the large crowd ahead, and the star shining in the middle of it.”

Kurgum: “Hey Chiwami, not over there! We’re in a hurry.

Chuami: “I waited for you, so we might as well just show up late. Anyways, isn’t that Tidus?”

What do you think of this new scene being added? Are you curious about this 2 minute reveal? Do you want the FFX|X-2 world to be expanded? What are your thoughts?

Hambone
07-29-2013, 05:48 AM
I was given a new life. For an entire year, I was able to walk alongside Yuna. It was fun. It really was.

Does this mean something prevented them from living happily ever after in the end? :(

I'm ambivalent about them expanding the world and story. First of all, FFX|X-2 ended ten years ago. Just let it freaking be. (That being said, though, the FFVII world was further explored through the compilation for more than ten years after VII was released, and I think parts of it, especially Crisis Core, were done very well). On the other hand, I really don't know if I got as much closure with the "perfect" ending of X-2 as I think we should've gotten; it left me with kind of an uneasy feeling about Tidus's renewed existence in Spira, as if it wasn't certain and that he really could just "disappear." If this voice drama focuses on that part of X-2's ending like the preview is hinting, then that's awesome. I just don't care to see indications that an FFX-3 or spin-off could be happening. The essential parts of FFX's plot were all tied up by the end of X-2, so I see little need in further exploring them with more installments bearing FFX's title.

I have a few questions regarding summoners pre-machina war and Sin, so I could totally get on board with something going into further depth about the machina war, though.

Nebulance
07-29-2013, 12:48 PM
I was given a new life. For an entire year, I was able to walk alongside Yuna. It was fun. It really was.

Does this mean something prevented them from living happily ever after in the end? :(

I'm ambivalent about them expanding the world and story. First of all, FFX|X-2 ended ten years ago. Just let it freaking be. (That being said, though, the FFVII world was further explored through the compilation for more than ten years after VII was released, and I think parts of it, especially Crisis Core, were done very well). On the other hand, I really don't know if I got as much closure with the "perfect" ending of X-2 as I think we should've gotten; it left me with kind of an uneasy feeling about Tidus's renewed existence in Spira, as if it wasn't certain and that he really could just "disappear." If this voice drama focuses on that part of X-2's ending like the preview is hinting, then that's awesome. I just don't care to see indications that an FFX-3 or spin-off could be happening. The essential parts of FFX's plot were all tied up by the end of X-2, so I see little need in further exploring them with more installments bearing FFX's title.

I have a few questions regarding summoners pre-machina war and Sin, so I could totally get on board with something going into further depth about the machina war, though.

If they ever did an FFX-3, it really should be based on Braska, Jecht and Auron. That would be great, as I think there's a great story there. I wish that's what X-2 focused on. But in general, I agree that there's really no need for extra installments of FFX.

comma
07-29-2013, 01:50 PM
If they ever did an FFX-3, it really should be based on Braska, Jecht and Auron. That would be great, as I think there's a great story there.Good idea, but even if they made X-3, there's no way they would be wise enough to make it about those guys. They'd probably rather stick to the unrequited love and existential sogginess from the first game.

Karifean
07-29-2013, 05:29 PM
If they ever did an FFX-3, it really should be based on Braska, Jecht and Auron. That would be great, as I think there's a great story there.Good idea, but even if they made X-3, there's no way they would be wise enough to make it about those guys. They'd probably rather stick to the unrequited love and existential sogginess from the first game.

I don't think it'd be a good idea to make a prequel starring Auron, Braska and Jecht. It probably wouldn't work out that well.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, there was an English version of this audio clip playing at the Japan Expo in Paris about a month ago. Can't seem to find it, though.

Roogle
07-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Interesting. This must be the leadup to a new game or piece of media in the Final Fantasy X universe. I take it the two characters referenced are entirely new?

Jinx
07-29-2013, 07:00 PM
I know they're in Luca. I'm throwing my bid in for Blitzball Manager game and/or DLC.

Rocket Edge
07-29-2013, 08:43 PM
So basically, we are being treated to an additional 30 minutes of footage at the end of the game? That's great to know and I actually have very little reservations about what could tarnish the original ending. I'm with Hambone that they didn't go into that much detail about things like they could have potentially have done.

If its a lead up to FFX-3, I'll be excited, but worried. If this was ten years ago, I wouldn't care if the story was seemingly already tied up. I'd have such faith in Square to do a good job and makes things interesting. I'd love to once again enter the world of Spira but I just don't want Square-Enix going around mucking things up. Imagine if they made it and it was like FFXIII? :cry:

Jinx
07-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Maybe it's like FFIV:TAY, and it's about Yuna and Tidus' kid. Maybe that's why he and Yuna only had one happy year together. She got pregnant and Tidus had to deal with a kid.

Wakka's kid could be part of it too, etc.

Rocket Edge
07-29-2013, 08:59 PM
That sounds interesting. :shiny:

noxious.sunshine
07-29-2013, 09:35 PM
I think a game centering on the Machina War would be an excellent concept to dive into.

And there is an English version. I think I saw it on khinsider.com. yeah. It's over there. The entire video is like 30 min long, so you have to skip to around 18 min to get to this bit.

comma
07-30-2013, 04:03 AM
Maybe FFX-3 will bridge the gap between FFX-2 and FFVII.

DMKA
07-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Who is Chuami? Who is Kurgum? What/who is the shining star in the middle of the crowd? O__o

It definitely sounds like build up to another entry in the FFX universe. Like the Eternal Calm cutscene in FFX International. Although, I can't imagine what it would be about.

Jinx
07-30-2013, 03:59 PM

omg pls pls pls

Pumpkin
07-30-2013, 04:00 PM

omg pls pls pls

Yeah I would play that.

I WOULD PLAY ALL OF THAT

DMKA
07-30-2013, 04:12 PM

omg pls pls pls

That would have to be quite a game.

comma
08-01-2013, 03:39 AM
I mean, we basically already know what happens between FFX-2 and FFVII. They'd have a lot of time to kill in between, so it could really be about anything. It could be like Xenosaga in the FFX/FFVII universe.