PDA

View Full Version : INTERNET RAAAAAGEEEE

Laddy
07-30-2013, 03:37 AM
Once, someone said, on this forum, "I want an RPG to play, and I mean a real RPG, not like Fallout or anything."

That made me intensely angry.

What internet things drive you up a wall?

Sephex
07-30-2013, 03:44 AM
When people try to one up each other and/or being a tryhard.

For example, I could tell a story about a bad day at work. You know, I'm just venting....NOT ON INTERNET MAN'S WATCH!!

Oh you had a bad day? Well, guess what? HIS or HER day was SOOOOOOOOOO much worse! You boss gave you a hard time? HA! Well, MY boss burnt my house down and danced on the ashes! Okay, so now all the attention is on me! Right? RIGHT?!?

Shorty
07-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Laddy, this is important. Did you put that person in the ground or did you put them the river? Which is not important, but the fact that you did one or the other is.

My facebook feed, mostly. I have all of these super leftist group pages liked and I find myself becoming completely sick of them because many of them use the same selective cherry-picking tactics that Fox News themselves use and even if what they're saying is accurate, I find it to be just stupid. Between that and the Mormon Memes my mom and sister post, I've just been avoiding facebook entirely instead of unliking or hiding anything because I'm lazy.

Denmark
07-30-2013, 07:19 AM
governmentsgetgirlfriends | On involuntary celibacy and the need of government to solve it (http://governmentsgetgirlfriends.wordpress.com)

god just reading the title makes me so angry

edit: also when people ask questions on the internet that can be answered with 5 seconds spent on google

Jinx
07-30-2013, 01:07 PM
governmentsgetgirlfriends | On involuntary celibacy and the need of government to solve it (http://governmentsgetgirlfriends.wordpress.com)

edit: also when people ask questions on the internet that can be answered with 5 seconds spent on google

Both of these.

Also, I've read that whole blog before, but Rob and I spent a couple hours on it on Sunday.

Old Manus
07-30-2013, 02:37 PM
People who start sentences with "Um,"

Denmark
07-30-2013, 03:03 PM

Both of these.

Also, I've read that whole blog before, but Rob and I spent a couple hours on it on Sunday.

and Sam will confirm that I got legitimately IRL mad just thinking about it.

Araciel
07-30-2013, 04:46 PM
EoFF

Pumpkin
07-30-2013, 04:49 PM

I don't understand what that blog is trying to say?

Jinx
07-30-2013, 05:33 PM

I don't understand what that blog is trying to say?

He's saying that no one wants to have sex with him, so the government should use tax money to pay women to go on dates with him and other incel (involuntarily celibate) men, because incel drives people crazy and kills them. Oh, and it's totally okay and understand if you go on a shooting spree if you're incel because INCEL KILLS.

Spuuky
07-30-2013, 05:46 PM
He's saying that no one wants to have sex with him, so the government should use tax money to pay women to go on dates with him and other incel (involuntarily celibate) men, because incel drives people crazy and kills them. Oh, and it's totally okay and understand if you go on a shooting spree if you're incel because INCEL KILLS.Well, I didn't read his blog, but the government has traditionally been the entity that solves this problem; in the past, they've done this by recruiting these "incel" men to go shoot men in other countries and force the women there to be come involuntarily sexually active. The current era is rather unique in that there isn't the "natural" outlet of sending these kinds of people off to rape, murder, and die.

Pumpkin
07-30-2013, 05:48 PM
What is incel?

Anyways, yes that does seem a bit strange.

I was a bit confused at first because I saw a Tony Soprano blog and I was wondering why people were raging over that xD

Vermachtnis
07-30-2013, 05:50 PM
People who don't seem to enjoy anything and only seem to post to tell you that they don't enjoy things.

Psychotic
07-30-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't rage, I just have an unwavering volume of indifference, mockery and scorn.

Denmark
07-30-2013, 05:55 PM
incel = involuntary celibacy

basically, he can't acquire a girlfriend or sex partner through normal means, so he wants the government to pay women to go on blind dates with men like him. and he's got an entitlement complex, which is why he feels the government should spend their time getting him laid instead of focusing on other things.

this is not a political debate please

Madame Adequate
07-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Reddit.

And I'm pretty sure raging neckbeards have never been the army's first choice for front-line infantry.

Spuuky
07-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Reddit.

And I'm pretty sure raging neckbeards have never been the army's first choice for front-line infantry.Actually, they were the army's first choice for front-line infantry for roughly the entirety of human existence. You don't want to risk your skilled and competent warriors in combat when you can send wave after wave of the peasantry out there first. Especially once technology reached the point where you could give them guns that required little training, like in World War 1.

Jinx
07-30-2013, 06:01 PM
What is incel?

I said what it was in my post. :p

Pumpkin
07-30-2013, 06:01 PM
WELL FINE THEN

;____________________;

Pike
07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
That blog doesn't make me angry, it just makes me laugh. it's like /r9k/ tried to make a serious blog. :hahaha:

Once, someone said, on this forum, "I want an RPG to play, and I mean a real RPG, not like Fallout or anything."

This, however, is making me legitimately angry.

Calliope
07-30-2013, 06:10 PM
He's saying that no one wants to have sex with him, so the government should use tax money to pay women to go on dates with him and other incel (involuntarily celibate) men, because incel drives people crazy and kills them. Oh, and it's totally okay and understand if you go on a shooting spree if you're incel because INCEL KILLS.Well, I didn't read his blog, but the government has traditionally been the entity that solves this problem; in the past, they've done this by recruiting these "incel" men to go shoot men in other countries and force the women there to be come involuntarily sexually active. The current era is rather unique in that there isn't the "natural" outlet of sending these kinds of people off to rape, murder, and die.

They kinda do (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/05/military-rape-problem/64976/), don't they? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault_in_the_United_States_military) It just happens to be publicized that it's more "us" than "them", now.

Raistlin
07-30-2013, 06:21 PM
People being wrong on the Internet. (http://xkcd.com/386/)

/obligatory

Dat Matt
07-30-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm quite drawn to reddit, but I can understand why people don't like it. Depending where you go there is a certain level of snobbery and/or rehashing of old posts and conversations. I still use it for news relating to games based on the sub-reddits I am subscribed to.

Denmark
07-30-2013, 10:20 PM
I read reddit when I get bored. I look at the funny pictures, and I read AskReddit at work since it's usually not the same old reddit tomfoolery. The sports-related subreddits (/r/NBA and /r/NFL primarily) are really the only internet community I follow with interest in sports, so it's nice for that. But like Matt I understand people not liking it and I won't fight to the death defending it. It is what it is.