PDA

View Full Version : Groupon

Rye
08-01-2013, 04:13 AM
Do you guys use deal sites like Groupon often?

I just used one tonight and it was really fun, I got a delicious ramen dinner for two. I'm personally partial to things like Restaurant Week more, though. Using Groupon sometimes makes me feel guilty or cheap, whereas the latter feels more like a simple good deal. I dunno, it's weird.

Jinx
08-01-2013, 04:18 AM
I was confused by the concept of Groupon for a really long time, because I thought that you actually needed a group to be able to make use of the coupons on the site. Yeah...

I love Groupon. Groupon is awesome when you want to try something new (especially food) but you're not sure if you'd like it, so you get it for cheap. It's also great for discovering things you didn't know about and taking a friend along!

Shorty
08-01-2013, 04:27 AM
My only experience with Groupon was at my previous job for an Excel class. There was a coupon for like $40.00 for like 100 hours of Excel training. Did you know that there is enough about Excel to propagate 100 hours of classes? 100 lessons at an hour each.

We got through about forty minutes of the first one.

I Took the Red Pill
08-01-2013, 04:28 AM
My friend snagged a Groupon for 18 holes of golf with carts for four people, 12 bottles of beer, and a 20 dollar credit towards the clubhouse's restaurant for 55 dollars. That was my only experience with Groupon, but damn it was a good one.

noxious.sunshine
08-01-2013, 05:23 AM
NO GROUPON.

Use uh. crap. Shopkick. It's free and if you just so happen to be out in Tar-jay or Wally World, you can scan stuff that gets you more "kicks"... The kicks add up to a gift card or other treats... Like a gift certificate to Coach, Tiffany, Kate Spade, or you can save up the 8 million kicks for a cruise. XDDD