PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden v thoughts

Masamunemaster
08-01-2013, 01:00 PM
I have considered getting this game, but after watching a video of it the other day I'm not so sure anymore.

I was just browsing suikoden videos and saw a unite attack compilation, the graphics just look very....throw together, as if they just gave up trying anymore. The graphics in 4 were pretty good, and I understand sometimes going back a little....but no.

Has anyone else played it, without spoiling anything, would it(or even 6) be worth looking into obtaining?

Shauna
08-01-2013, 02:14 PM
It's pretty great.

Madame Adequate
08-01-2013, 03:32 PM
It's the best Suikoden game since II and is worth every penny. Get it. I don't know what video you saw but the graphics are just fine.

Raistlin
08-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Suikoden V is pretty much the masterpiece of the Suikoden series. It literally takes everything good from every other game in the series and throws it together. If it had more engaging characters like II, it would far and away be the best game of the series. As is, I like them about equally, but there's many things S5 just does much better (especially the major battle system, skill system, and other gameplay improvements).

And I'm not sure what issue you could have with the graphics. Maybe the video you watched was low quality.

Pumpkin
08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Suikoden V is a great game and I would absolutely recommend it! It's slow starting, but so very worth it.

Except Jeane's boobs which have basically become the size of 4 year old children. That's a bit much guys o.o

Jiro
08-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Play it! It looks fine, even by today's standards. Besides, it's not all about the pretty pictures!

Raistlin
08-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Except Jeane's boobs which have basically become the size of 4 year old children. That's a bit much guys o.o

Jeane is almost a parody of fanservice. Her outfit became more and more ridiculous as the series wore on, to the point where it's amazing she can walk at all without something falling out.

In order, 1-5:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/snejenson/300px-Jeanegroup.png

Masamunemaster
08-02-2013, 02:45 AM
It's the best Suikoden game since II and is worth every penny. Get it. I don't know what video you saw but the graphics are just fine.

I still have not played 2:(. I keep looking for a copy of it, but every one I find is over $100 and I don't have the money.

Personally though I have only played 1, 3, and 4; even after all these years though 1 is one if my top 3 games of all time.

Vyk
08-02-2013, 02:52 PM
I think most of the gaming community agree at this point, the only viable option to playing Suikoden 2 is emulation. Lots of people look down on emulating for not being legitimate, or for hurting the industry. But if you don't have a fortune or a generous retro friend, it's really all you have; and most computers these days can handle a PS1 title. Especially since last I heard, Suikoden 2 is still mysteriously absent from PSN

Araciel
08-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Played for an hour then went back to s3. Couldn't get over the perspective.

Raistlin
08-02-2013, 09:57 PM
As Suikoden II has long since been out of production, the only "industry" one is hurting by emulating it is ebay sellers.

Pumpkin
08-02-2013, 10:05 PM
I bought my Suikoden II copy for $180.

YEAAAHH

Polnareff
08-03-2013, 12:15 AM
They actually have a JP copy of Suikoden II at a store called Warp Zone that isn't far from me. It's only 20 bucks too. I was gonna get it yesterday, but decided on Ehrgeiz and Puyo Puyo 2 instead. Their JP PSX section is rarely ever looked at so Suikoden 2 has been there for a while. According to my friend who runs the store, I'm pretty much the only one who buys any of the JP PSX stuff.

Anyway, Suikoden V is a great return to form. It's pretty much the best Suiko game since II, and that's kind of saying something. The graphics are kinda bland, yeah, but you'll quickly get over that once you actually play it.

Masamunemaster
08-03-2013, 01:12 PM
I know the shame of emulators, but I use them alot because I'm broke and usually can't find hard copies of games.