PDA

View Full Version : Well, okay then.

Jinx
08-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Last night I went to Wendy's for dinner, and when I opened my sack there was a whale toy in there!

I didn't order a kid's meal.

I didn't order a toy.

So I was just like, "Hey! Free whale toy!"

What really bizarre things have happened to you lately?

Rantz
08-01-2013, 08:06 PM
I bike to and from work and while I encounter my fair share of jerk drivers, what really weirds me out is people who stop to let me past in the weirdest places. Twice I've had a car stop inside a roundabout to let me in ahead of them, and today I approached a T intersection (I was in the "stem" of it) and stopped to let the only car there drive past, but instead they slowed down and stopped to let a confused me past, a procedure which took much longer than for them to just drive past.

I mean, it's not that I don't appreciate gestures like that, it's just weird and impractical, especially the roundabout situation. When I've actually stopped my bike and put my feet on the ground it takes a while to get going again. :p

Sephex
08-01-2013, 08:23 PM
As I was leaving my condo building for work at around 4:30 in the morning, some guy was singing "Sweet Home Alabama" to himself in the foyer area. Must of been one hell of a night.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-01-2013, 09:43 PM
I bike to and from work and while I encounter my fair share of jerk drivers, what really weirds me out is people who stop to let me past in the weirdest places. Twice I've had a car stop inside a roundabout to let me in ahead of them, and today I approached a T intersection (I was in the "stem" of it) and stopped to let the only car there drive past, but instead they slowed down and stopped to let a confused me past, a procedure which took much longer than for them to just drive past.

I mean, it's not that I don't appreciate gestures like that, it's just weird and impractical, especially the roundabout situation. When I've actually stopped my bike and put my feet on the ground it takes a while to get going again. :p

I think a lot of people are paranoid about hitting pedestrians and bikers. On top of it's just not very fun, and I'd feel terrible, I think legally you'd really get raked over the coals for hitting someone with your car. xD

Rantz
08-01-2013, 10:13 PM
I think a lot of people are paranoid about hitting pedestrians and bikers. On top of it's just not very fun, and I'd feel terrible, I think legally you'd really get raked over the coals for hitting someone with your car. xD

Yeah, that's true, and in most cases I understand why people give way, but the reason I thought these cases were so bizarre was that I was already stopped, with my feet on the ground, before they even started to slow down. xD

Jiro
08-02-2013, 07:23 AM
I have the same trouble while on foot. I don't mind stopping and waiting, but the car stops just afterwards, so I think "oh maybe I can go" and because they only just noticed me stopping they think "oh he's waiting" so then we both try to go and invariably I almost get hit by a car.

I keep losing shit out of my pockets, I have no idea how.

Psychotic
08-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Show us the whale toy!

I mean, it's not that I don't appreciate gestures like that, it's just weird and impractical, especially the roundabout situation. When I've actually stopped my bike and put my feet on the ground it takes a while to get going again. :pYou people are assholes and I have no idea what to do with you :colbert:

noxious.sunshine
08-02-2013, 12:02 PM
OOOOH

This one time, I gave a homeless dude $4, even though I knew he was gonna go spend it on a fat crack rock later.

That evening, no freaking joke, we got a letter in our door saying that we had a $700 credit from the apartment complex's office, so we didn't have to pay any of December's rent and only `1/2 of January's.

I still find this very bizarre.

Raistlin
08-02-2013, 10:17 PM

I have the same trouble while on foot. I don't mind stopping and waiting, but the car stops just afterwards, so I think "oh maybe I can go" and because they only just noticed me stopping they think "oh he's waiting" so then we both try to go and invariably I almost get hit by a car.

I keep losing trout out of my pockets, I have no idea how.

You both just need a different attitude (http://whatshouldwecallme.tumblr.com/post/55834793496/pedestrians-on-a-cross-walk) when you're biking/walking.

Jiro
08-03-2013, 03:36 AM
If I am on a pedestrian crossing then I will almost blatantly walk in front of traffic. Problem is that not every road has one of these.

Pumpkin
08-03-2013, 03:48 AM
What bothers me is when I stop to let someone cross and THEN they stop. It's like no, you'd better cross. I didn't just stop for nothing!

Yerushalmi
08-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I've been in a struggle with my newspaper delivery people for the last month, as the idiot who delivers the paper keeps putting it in front of random other apartments on random other floors in the building.

Today they called me up to tell me that it must be somebody stealing my paper and putting it elsewhere in the building. Just to annoy me, apparently.

This despite the fact that this is the third day in a row in which I got the paper in the right place. And I've been sick, so all three days I brought it in two hours later than usual. Theyactually tried to tell me that the person stealing my paper must be stealing it from my door, putting it elsewhere, and then an hour and a half later bringing it BACK. But only on days when I haven't left for work or called to complain that I don't have the paper.

What the hell?