PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

Rye
08-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Guys! Netflix just added a profile feature and I am thrilled. Now, you can divide your account into different profiles. This is awesome because my boyfriend and I share an account, and our current preferences will range from mecha and Gundam type shows to The Magic School Bus and documentaries about cats. XD

Anyone using this feature now?

Freya
08-02-2013, 01:51 AM
HAS IT REALLY? I wonder if this is on the xbox version because that's really what I use to watch it. My niece also uses it so it's bothering me that it keeps suggesting all these kids stuff for me. So a profile system is kinda awesome.

Denmark
08-02-2013, 01:55 AM
THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS IS ON NETFLIX?

Shorty
08-02-2013, 02:12 AM
This is awesome. My sister uses my netflix account so she can bugger off and add her own stupid shows to her profile! I hate logging in seeing "You recently watched Why Ships Sink". NO I DID NOT, NETFLIX

Not only that, it chooses suggestions for you based on what you watch. Guess what's in my suggestions? Trailer Park Boys, Bones, Prohibition, Secrets of the Viking Sword and Johnny Carson: King of Late Night. :stare:

NorthernChaosGod
08-02-2013, 02:16 AM
Oh, shit. Everyone in my family shares an account, this will be awesome. :D

Jinx
08-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Now I can finally get my mom to stop watching my Netflix-ish.

Pike
08-02-2013, 02:18 AM
I'm the only person who watches my Netflix /smug

It recently recommended Atlas Shrugged to me and I'm guessing it's because of my interest in sci-fi and fantasy ba-dum-psh

Jinx
08-02-2013, 02:22 AM
How do you create these separate profiles?

Rye
08-02-2013, 02:31 AM
It popped up when I started Netflix (on PS3) today. It gave me the option to create my own profile separate from Doug's.

Raistlin
08-02-2013, 02:37 AM
Apparently it could take a couple of weeks for the option to show up in your Netflix. I don't see it for mine yet. :(

But yes, this is awesome. My sister uses my Netflix, and now she can watch Vampire Diaries and Teen Wolf and other such crap on her own profile.

Shiny
08-02-2013, 02:41 AM
Good to know. I am finally getting Netflix so I can catch up on Breaking Bad seasons 3-7.

Pumpkin
08-02-2013, 03:11 AM
I completely dismissed this. I spent all of 20 seconds looking at it, and then closing it.

Shlup
08-02-2013, 03:35 AM
I've been waiting all my life for this. No more WWII documentaries on my suggestions!

ETA: It hasn't rolled out for me yet. ;_;

Pike
08-02-2013, 10:15 AM
No more WWII documentaries on my suggestions!

OK but tell me which ones are being suggested so I can watch them at least!

NorthernChaosGod
08-02-2013, 10:35 PM
It just got added for me. I'm so happy. :D

Raistlin
08-02-2013, 10:52 PM
It was just added for me too. This is great.

Now if only I could get all of the moochers to pay their fair share...

Shlup
08-03-2013, 03:21 AM
No more WWII documentaries on my suggestions!

OK but tell me which ones are being suggested so I can watch them at least!

I'm pretty confident BJ has watched everything WWI, WWII, and Civil War related that Netflix streaming has to offer. I enjoy the occasional historical documentary, but for awhile he was on such a jag that I thought he was going to go full war-nut.

Loony BoB
08-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Out of curiosity, where does NetFlix draw the line between "yeah, you can have multiple profiles" and "we think you're abusing your subscription by letting other people log in as you which means we get less money"? I mean, there must be some kind of way they establish this, otherwise surely people who live alone could start letting people mooch off them.

Denmark
08-06-2013, 04:45 PM
start? I used Sarah's Netflix for several months (with her blessing) and only switched when I got sick of seeing other people's recently watched and suggestions.

I have my own Netflix account so I don't have to worry about this whole thing.

Shlup
08-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Out of curiosity, where does NetFlix draw the line between "yeah, you can have multiple profiles" and "we think you're abusing your subscription by letting other people log in as you which means we get less money"? I mean, there must be some kind of way they establish this, otherwise surely people who live alone could start letting people mooch off them.

This has always happened and always will happen. Before we got our own account we were one of five people mooching off one of our friends.

Loony BoB
08-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Oh, man, I need to find someone to mooch off of.

Pike
08-07-2013, 01:25 PM
So am I the only person who both a.) has their own Netflix and b.) has their own Netflix all to themselves with no moochers? :confused:

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-07-2013, 01:32 PM
I have my own Netflix and let my boyfriend mooch off of mine. Though yay for profiles! Finally my roommate and I can have different ones! I keep getting kung-fu and Asian martial art movies recommended to me! :(

Also, Digimon is finally on Netflix. OMFG YES!

Pike
08-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Also, Digimon is finally on Netflix. OMFG YES!

Yeah but not Digimon Tamers which was the best Digimon :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Digimon Frontier FTW!

Psychotic
08-07-2013, 06:51 PM
THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS IS ON NETFLIX?Caaaaaaar-looooooos!

Denmark
08-07-2013, 06:54 PM
So am I the only person who both a.) has their own Netflix and b.) has their own Netflix all to themselves with no moochers? :confused:

I have both those things! and Sam has her own profile if she ever wants to use mine (it's named "tits". she named it.)

Jinx
08-07-2013, 08:10 PM

I have both those things! and Sam has her own profile if she ever wants to use mine (it's named "tits". she named it.)

Sam also has her own Netflix account, she was just being really obnoxious.

Denmark
08-07-2013, 08:12 PM

Sam also has her own Netflix account, she was just being really obnoxious.

yeah now it pops up with a screen like "who's using this? PICK YOUR PROFILE AND WASTE 3 SECONDS OF YOUR LIFE DOING SO". i know you have your own :P

Pumpkin
08-09-2013, 04:09 PM
I had been watching the Digimon on youTube and then they added it on Netflix haha. Good timing.

noxious.sunshine
08-09-2013, 06:53 PM
I gave my parents our Netflix account info back when I was with my ex.

They never used it though. My dad was like "haha now I can see what all you've been watching and mess with your account" and I'm like
".... Dad. I'll kill you."

Using Netflix involves actually getting off the couch and sitting at the computer 'cuz they don't have a smart t.v. or cables to hook up their computer to the t.v.

Pike
08-10-2013, 12:56 AM
HEY I JUST GOT THIS NETFLIX PROFILE THING

I don't need it at all, but hey, pretty cool

Shiny
08-16-2013, 04:39 PM
I started watching Orange is the New Black. It was weird.

Shlup
08-17-2013, 05:36 AM
Yay, I have my own profile! STAR ALL THE THINGS!

Madame Adequate
08-17-2013, 05:41 AM

Nope I'm in the same boat :D

Shlup
08-17-2013, 05:45 AM
Well that just sounds like a waste of several dollars a month if you ask me.

noxious.sunshine
08-19-2013, 07:22 PM
There's tons of good stuff on the Netflix right meow.

Like ... The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.

Shorty
08-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Billy and Mandy is genius. I love love love it.

noxious.sunshine
08-19-2013, 07:29 PM
I introduced Jay to the wonders of this show. We cracked up for hours.

The Birthday Episode and the Opposite Day one. omg...

And Mandy's little quotes at the beginning of each episode. lulz.

That's one of the few cartoons that I loved as a kid and genuinely still like as an adult. I went back and watched "All That" in Texas 'cuz Nickelodeon does this Throwback Hour or whatever and I was like "why the f did I like this again?"

Shorty
08-19-2013, 07:32 PM
I consider it a sort of "new age" cartoon still because it came out when I was a teenager, along with other great ones like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I will still watch both of these shows as an adult.

ahaha all that was a favorite of mine as a kid, so great

noxious.sunshine
08-19-2013, 07:37 PM
hahaha! I liked that show tooooo! ^_^

omg. Also. Dexter's Lab is on teh Netflix. XDDDD

"DeeDee! Get out of my laboratory!"