PDA

View Full Version : Dammit Nintendo!!!

Synoptikal
08-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Where's my Golden Sun 4?!

I actually tuned into E3, expecting an announcement for the sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn but never got anything! Not even a character in Smash Bros, which Isaac from GS1/2 was supposed to be for Brawl, but what did we get? A medley on the soundtrack which, while awesome to listen to, ISN'T WHAT I WANTED!!!

WHERE'S MY GOLDEN SUN!!!

Polnareff
08-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Yeah, Camelot said waaaaaay back in 2010 that they were gonna make GS4 but had to wait for Nintendo to let them, or something like that.

3 years later, still nothing.

I wonder if maybe 4 was shitcanned because of how Dark Dawn did?

Hell, I wish Camelot could go back to Sega so they can make more Shining Force games, but that won't happen.

Synoptikal
08-02-2013, 08:54 PM
That's the thing though. I didn't think that Dark Dawn was that bad! I loved the feel of the game and that it kept things fresh while maintaining some of the good aspects of the first two games.

I feel it would be a shame to waste the story now that it's started.

Bolivar
08-02-2013, 10:07 PM
I really want a game from these guys on my 3DS!

Hell, I wish Camelot could go back to Sega so they can make more Shining Force games, but that won't happen.

This comment alone makes Polnareff easily the best poster on EoFF!

Spooniest
08-02-2013, 10:19 PM

Seconded!!

And with theme music!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UYYyTjvq9Y)

Skyblade
08-02-2013, 11:07 PM

Seconded!!

And with theme music!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UYYyTjvq9Y)

38aonTjiU-o

Skip to 4 minutes in. One of my favorite battle themes ever.

Man, I miss Shining Force. Stupid SEGA.

And, while I didn't think Dark Dawn was as good as the original Golden Sun games, I did want to know what happened next. There's so much more to this story.

Polnareff
08-02-2013, 11:34 PM
That's the thing though. I didn't think that Dark Dawn was that bad! I loved the feel of the game and that it kept things fresh while maintaining some of the good aspects of the first two games.

Dark Dawn was cool, but I felt it was too easy (I literally ended up beating the game with all my characters only having a weapon equipped!), and the characters had a habit of repeating themselves ten million times, which severely dragged out the dialogue. It felt like I was reading a Fisher-Price adventure book or some shit. :roll2 Despite these two things, it was a cute little game.

Damn straight! :kakapo:

This is tangential, but a new game store opened ten miles from me, and has mostly imports. A guy came in and traded his whole Shining Force collection because his g/f broke up with him. He had the SF Encyclopedia, most of the Saturn games (except SFIII S2 and S3), the two Genesis games, all three Game Gear games, and SFCD. I was shocked. My fellow SF fan friend, Jacob, went just about crazy when he realized they had all these games, and vowed not to go back in there until he had the money to buy them all. lol

Spooniest
08-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.

~Victor Hugo

I've said so elsewhere, but good music is the capstone of any game for me.

Nobody remembers Mystic Quest for the story.

Bolivar
08-03-2013, 04:44 AM
[QUOTE=Synoptikal;3298375]That's the thing though. I didn't think that Dark Dawn was that bad! I loved the feel of the game and that it kept things fresh while maintaining some of the good aspects of the first two games.

Dark Dawn was cool, but I felt it was too easy (I literally ended up beating the game with all my characters only having a weapon equipped!), and the characters had a habit of repeating themselves ten million times, which severely dragged out the dialogue. It felt like I was reading a Fisher-Price adventure book or some shit. :roll2 Despite these two things, it was a cute little game.

This is tangential, but a new game store opened ten miles from me, and has mostly imports. A guy came in and traded his whole Shining Force collection because his g/f broke up with him. He had the SF Encyclopedia, most of the Saturn games (except SFIII S2 and S3), the two Genesis games, all three Game Gear games, and SFCD. I was shocked. My fellow SF fan friend, Jacob, went just about crazy when he realized they had all these games, and vowed not to go back in there until he had the money to buy them all. lol

That is absolutely insane! What was the correlation? If my gf broke up with me I'd be relying on my games to get through it, especially classics like those!!!

Polnareff
08-03-2013, 11:38 AM
No idea, but after he left, me and my friend who were there kinda agreed that the guy was crazy for doing that. This guy sold his games to try to get his g/f back, apparently. I sure hope it worked, because the Shining Force games are pretty damn difficult to find now.

Spooniest
08-03-2013, 11:53 AM
I suppose it's possible. Maybe he got her an engagement ring.

Bolivar
08-03-2013, 05:06 PM
That might be the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Synoptikal
08-05-2013, 07:11 AM
I might have to try and find these games. I have not played them. I feel so out of the loop. :tongue:

Bolivar
08-06-2013, 03:25 AM
They're what put Camelot on the map and made so many of us fans of theirs when we were tiny little kids (me, at least). They have a lot of remakes over the years, so there's lots of ways to play them. They might be hard to get into now, though...

Flaming Ice
08-06-2013, 04:47 AM

I gave up after the not so interesting beginning...it seemed too cliche

I don't mind cliche but it almost felt like I was going to play white knight chronicles again...ugh,

"We're the good guys!"

Skyblade
08-06-2013, 05:36 AM

I gave up after the not so interesting beginning...it seemed too cliche

I don't mind cliche but it almost felt like I was going to play white knight chronicles again...ugh,

"We're the good guys!"

That's one of a few things I don't think Dark Dawn handles well (there's a list I can give you if you want).

But once you get into it, it still has a lot of the stuff that made the original two games so good.

gamewizzard16
08-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Where's my Golden Sun 4?!

I actually tuned into E3, expecting an announcement for the sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn but never got anything! Not even a character in Smash Bros, which Isaac from GS1/2 was supposed to be for Brawl, but what did we get? A medley on the soundtrack which, while awesome to listen to, ISN'T WHAT I WANTED!!!

WHERE'S MY GOLDEN SUN!!! expecting something from nintendo is like talking to a brick they never listen to us but goldern sun 4 would be totally BA if its ever made