PDA

View Full Version : The EoFF Guardian Force Adoption Program!

Pumpkin
08-02-2013, 05:32 PM
http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/achila123451/banner.png

Welcome to the EoFF Guardian Force Adoption Program!

What is the Adoption Program?
It is a program to help integrate the newbies to the Eyes on Final Fantasy community! We realize it can be intimidating or even confusing to join a new community, so we're here to help!

How does it work?
It's pretty simple. Below, I have a list of volunteer GF's ("Guardian Forces") who would like to help make your experiences at EoFF as fun and pleasant as possible! We want to make sure you get the most out of your time posting. All you have to do, as a newbie, is read their biographies and decide who's the best match for you.

How will my GF help me?
Once you have selected your GF, they will contact you via Mognet (our private messaging system) and introduce themselves. Both of you can then keep contact via Mognet, Visitor Message, the chat room, or any other method of communication that fits you both.
They will introduce you to the ups and downs of the forum, how things work, how to get involved (if you want to) and even introduce you to other members, to help you make some new friends! If you have any questions about the forum, that's what they're there for. Since this is on a voluntary basis, you can be sure that the GF's are excited to help you!

*Remember, this is voluntary on both parts. If you don't feel comfortable with a GF, there is no obligation. This is to make you feel welcome, we don't want to make you feel forced.

Posting in this thread.
Posting in this thread is only for the purpose of picking your GF. The GF can confirm in this thread that they have adopted you. Other discussion should take place between the GF and the adopted outside of this thread, to avoid clutter.

*If any GF chooses to resign from their position, please PM me. We are currently at full capacity, but if you want to volunteer as a backup, send me a quick personal bio, an EoFF bio, and the name of the GF you would like to be. If/when we need more due to resignation and/or pick up a lot of new members, I will add you to the list of GF's.

So without further ado, let me introduce our GF's! Read their bio's and decide who would be a right match for you!

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070116064211/finalfantasy/images/0/0a/Siren.pngSiren! Member name: Tifa's Boobs

My name is Sam, I'm 22, and I've been a member since March 2012. I'm proof that you don't need to be a long-time member to integrate yourself into the community and make friends! I'm currently running an event called Eyes on You, which is a Q&A to get to know members better, as well as making the attempt to get the EoFF Book Club off the ground. I've also participated in a number of events, most notably the EoFF Elections and a posting competitions to win a poster given to us by Square Enix themselves!

Some of my favourite things are Indian food, Doctor Who, trolling Shorty, singing, reading, hanging out with my boyfriend, Netflix marathons, boating on my favourite lake, and posting on EoFF of course!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070116063252/finalfantasy/images/1/14/Doomtrain.pngDoomtrain! Member name: Shauna

Hey! I'm Shauna, 22 (not for too much longer though :cry: ) and I have been a member for a number of years now, first joining back in 2005. I don't tend to run too many events, but I always like to get involved in whatever is being run by the many great members of EoFF. I can often be found idling away in the chatroom, which is where I spend a lot of my online time.

In my free time, when I'm not slaving away at work or out pretending to be a social butterfly, I play too many video games, watch too much anime, watch too much TV, and watch too many movies. Also I watch the hell out of classic Disney animated movies. And their awful sequels.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070116062813/finalfantasy/images/2/21/Bahamut.pngBahamut! Member name: Goldenboko

Hey everyone! I'm Goldenboko, my forum nickname is GoBo (although I'm sometimes referred to as GB as well) and my actual name is Dan! You'll come to learn I share a name with too much of the forum. :lol: I've been here for quite a while *peeks at profile* seven years in fact! I've hosted or been a part of sooooooo many events I probably couldn't list them without making this introduction too long, so I'll just say my favorite is mafia! The Developer and Editor ranks on my profile mean I currently hold a position on our Staff here, feel free to ask me anything about the purpose of any of the roles/titles at EoFF (Eyes On Final Fntasy), regardless if they are staff titles or not! Other than that I'm a computer engineer by real life trade and I'm quite friendly so gimmie a shout! :)

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070116062755/finalfantasy/images/d/d9/Alexander.pngAlexander! Member name: Formalhaut
Hello! I'm Formalhaut, but everyone just calls me Formy - or Foamy, or Formuloohoo, or some variation on that. Create your own nickname for me today! In real life, I'm actually called Jordan and I'm a student who is hoping to traverse the big scary world of university this year. When not considering my future life for the next three years, I obviously enjoy the Final Fantasy series, but did you know I have a penchant for Pokemon as well? Indeed! Other assorted interests include Game of Thrones, being kind and generally trying to be a agreeable person. Sure beats the alternative.

But don't let my join date fool you! While it says that I joined in 2007, that was another person impersonating me; or at least, that's what I tell myself. No, I left only two years later from that date, but I returned in September 2012, and since then I've never looked back! Indeed, another bite of the cherry so to speak. And damn did I go for more. You may also be wondering what this weird yellow title above my name means, and in essence it just means that the collective staff of our community deemed me hard-working enough to be given it. It's more a badge of pride than anything else: I'm still a a regular ol' member, just with a fancy title.

Don't worry if you're still confused as to who I am (who doesn't?), I'm rather active on the forums and in #eoff and I'm always willing to give a helping hand and answer any queries you may have. Unless it's staff related, in which case, go seek one of them. I suppose I'll be seeing you around then! Hope you have an amazing experience here at Eyes on Final Fantasy!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070116063325/finalfantasy/images/b/b5/Ifrit.pngIfrit! Member name: Cim
I'm Cim, also known by various, fantastic Cim puns. I joined in 2006, but I had been lurking since early 2005. I've taken part in a few Election events, both Triple Triad Tournaments and have contributed small bits to various elements of the front site. I work in the computer repair business while I finish up my degrees in Information Technology and Computer Technology. I'm an avid runner and on average run 16-20 miles a week. I'm furiously in love with all of the main series Final Fantasy (excluding XIII) and am slowly working towards completion of all of them.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070116064155/finalfantasy/images/e/ec/Shiva.pngShiva! Member name: Shorty

Hi there! http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/pinkgrin.gif I'm Shorty, aka Moonflower Starchild, and I've been a registered member here for nearly twelve years. My posting history includes years of sporadic activity to jumping to one of the current consistent top posters of the past ~year and a half. I was made a Cid's Knight last August as a result of a competition event and as such I peruse the forums in handing out justice like it's going out of style. Simply put, I help moderate our forums as part of the staff here at Eyes on Final Fantasy. If you ever have any questions or need guidance on rules, I would be happy to answer any question you might have.

I love events! We hold many throughout the year and they're a great way to get involved with the community, get to know your fellow EoFFers and engage pleasant competitive rivalries. You'll most often find community events posted in General Chat, but if they're more game-centered they may be found here in Wonder Square and if they're more Final Fantasy-based, you can find them in the lower Final Fantasy forums.

As for personal details, I live on the skirts of the beautiful Northwest United States with my two cats and dog, who is my light of my life! I love animals and nature. Most of all, though, I love the sea and all of its inhabitants. Cephalopods fascinate me more than any other creature and I adore them so much that I decided to get tattoos of some! I prefer rain to shine, dark to light, strange to normalcy. Teal is my favorite color, foxes are my favorite animal and if you want to make my day, you can explode my profile with gifs of 30 Rock or Parks and Rec. Lastly, I am a self-proclaimed cinephile who loves old black and white films - specifically film noir, monster movies and horror films. Admittedly, though, I haven't seen as many as I would like.

I look forward to getting to know you!

If you have any questions, feel free to Mognet me, shion (http://home.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=35332), and I'll be happy to help!

CimminyCricket
08-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Woooo! I'm going to adopt the shit out of someone.

Shorty
08-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Hurray! :jess:

Formalhaut
08-02-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm going to be like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and adopt ALL the kids ur I mean newbies.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-02-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm going to be like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and adopt ALL the kids ur I mean newbies.

You can only adopt the brown ones, 'cause that's what's posh.

CimminyCricket
08-03-2013, 07:34 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE NEWBIES?

Pumpkin
08-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Patients guys.

Shorty
08-03-2013, 07:47 PM
No, shion, newbies. Silly. If we call them patients, they might not stick around!

Pumpkin
08-03-2013, 07:48 PM
PATIENCE DARN IT PATIENCE

Not a Freudian slip or anything >.>

Formalhaut
08-03-2013, 07:52 PM
No, shion, newbies. Silly. If we call them patients, they might not stick around!

If they're patients before setting foot in EoFF then us lot must be the mentally deranged. BoB is probably drooling in a cup.

Shorty
08-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Oh, no, my dear Formy, BoB isn't a patient here. He's one of the administrators.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31900000/American-Horror-Story-Season-2-Promotional-Photos-american-horror-story-31990013-613-380.jpg

Aulayna
08-03-2013, 08:43 PM
I dunno. I think EoFF is his mental hospital and he's a lifetimer. :p

Synoptikal
08-05-2013, 06:53 AM
*wanders in*

>.>

<.<

<.>

*wanders back out*

...Nah, I keed! Adopt me if you would like to! :D

CimminyCricket
08-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Is there a specific individual you would like to abduct adopt you C:

Synoptikal
08-05-2013, 07:03 AM
I'mma say Formy as he offered to adopt me in my welcome thread. :3

Spooniest
08-05-2013, 09:56 AM
I could use some guidance.

I haven't actually been posting on forums for very long at all (maybe a couple of years?), and it's got pretty ugly at times (as many of you may know).

The funny thing is, when I speak with people in real life, it's extremely difficult for me to form sentences at all. It's like there's one part of my brain, devoted to speaking in person, that doesn't activate very often, and another part of my brain, devoted to typing, that doesn't know when to shut up.

I'd feel a little self conscious picking a GF myself, as a matter of fact. Must I make the choice?

And hey, aren't I supposed to beat you up before you become my GF? ;)

maybee
08-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Can I choose Formalhaunt ?

I CHOOSE YOU !

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/6/ash2.gif

Goldenboko
08-05-2013, 10:14 AM
I could use some guidance.

I haven't actually been posting on forums for very long at all (maybe a couple of years?), and it's got pretty ugly at times (as many of you may know).

The funny thing is, when I speak with people in real life, it's extremely difficult for me to form sentences at all. It's like there's one part of my brain, devoted to speaking in person, that doesn't activate very often, and another part of my brain, devoted to typing, that doesn't know when to shut up.

I'd feel a little self conscious picking a GF myself, as a matter of fact. Must I make the choice?

And hey, aren't I supposed to beat you up before you become my GF? ;)

I'll spoon you if you'd have my spoony.

Spooniest
08-05-2013, 10:28 AM
I'll spoon you if you'd have me spoony.

Your choice of words makes me extremely uncomfortable, but I'm willing to accept it in the spirit it's intended.

Draw up the contract.

Side Note: This isn't going to make me forget my childhood, right?

Goldenboko
08-05-2013, 11:07 AM
I'll contact you when I'm home from work :spin:

Pumpkin
08-05-2013, 12:47 PM

Formy has been contacted to get in touch with you :D.

Welcome to the forums!

I guess spooniest and Goldenboko have made the arrangement so congrats :D

Ultima Shadow
08-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Woooo! I'm going to adopt the trout out of someone.

Formy

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/tumblr_m455n47N8S1rnpuv9.gif?t=1375704394

Formalhaut
08-05-2013, 03:31 PM

I CHOOSE YOU !

Mwahahahahahaha!!!! YOU ARE ALL MINE. ALL MINE :mwahaha:

Only joking. I'll contact both you lovely guys with a little introduction. I'm thrilled to have you guys!

Synoptikal
08-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Woooo! I'm going to adopt the trout out of someone.

Formy

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c344/AGAFURO/tumblr_m455n47N8S1rnpuv9.gif?t=1375704394

That made me giggle. XD

Lionblade
08-06-2013, 04:51 PM

I CHOOSE YOU !

I'll be damned if you don't already have the best possible response in this thread.

CimminyCricket
08-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Welcome newbie :greenie:

Formalhaut
08-06-2013, 05:31 PM
I'll be damned if you don't already have the best possible response in this thread.

Hey Lionblade! You too can make a response to rival maybee's if you agree to be adopted by one of our lovely Guardian Forces! There's six of us to choose from, so take your pick based on who suits you and your interests best!

:D

Lionblade
08-06-2013, 09:44 PM

Hey Lionblade! You too can make a response to rival maybee's if you agree to be adopted by one of our lovely Guardian Forces! There's six of us to choose from, so take your pick based on who suits you and your interests best!

http://i.imgur.com/T0nJQ.gif

Depends. Any of y'all Top Gear fans? ;)

Formalhaut
08-06-2013, 10:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/djaka/Non-DDR-Pics/jc.gif

Floodblade1234
08-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Really no idea what to put so...uuhm..Formalhaunt,I guess? He said hi on the Chat and linked me here so..I guess it's only right his has the displeasure of showing me around,haha!

Formalhaut
08-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Really no idea what to put so...uuhm..Formalhaunt,I guess? He said hi on the Chat and linked me here so..I guess it's only right his has the displeasure of showing me around,haha!

Awesome! I'll be sending you an introductory Private Message just as soon as I'm done levelling my Pokemon. :D

CimminyCricket
08-06-2013, 11:12 PM

Depends. Any of y'all Top Gear fans? ;)

Unfortunately, I don't watch a lot of television :C I am a Dr. Who fan though!

Awesome! I'll be sending you an introductory Private Message just as soon as I'm done levelling my Pokemon. :D

Jinx
08-06-2013, 11:42 PM
CIM IF YOU WERE REALLY A FAN OF DOCTOR WHO YOU WOULDN'T CALL IT DR. WHO

Lol, Formy's got 99 problems, but a noobie ain't one.

Formalhaut
08-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Shame that attachment doesn't work Cim. I'd love to see what the image was.

CimminyCricket
08-07-2013, 12:03 AM
fixed

Lionblade
08-07-2013, 02:01 AM

If it makes Cim feel any better...I don't like Doctor Who. Actually, the only television program I watch with any form of consistency is Top Gear. :kakapo:

Formalhaut
08-07-2013, 04:50 AM

If it makes Cim feel any better...I don't like Doctor Who. Actually, the only television program I watch with any form of consistency is Top Gear. :kakapo:

I love the races, like their race in Japan, although I'm very fond of the "get given £1000, buy [x] type of car, get given challenges by guy in a lab coat".

warrior of darkness
08-07-2013, 05:43 AM
Hello?

Pumpkin
08-07-2013, 05:47 AM
Hi there! Would you like to pick someone to be your GF and help you get to know the forum better?

warrior of darkness
08-07-2013, 05:51 AM
gf?

Pumpkin
08-07-2013, 06:02 AM
GFs are what we call our members who are volunteering to help new members such as yourself get to know the forums a bit better. If you go back to post 1, there are various members who would love to help you!

warrior of darkness
08-07-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm stuck between Siren,Bahamut, and Alexander.

Synoptikal
08-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Still no love for Cim. :( I feel kinda bad about it.

Jinx
08-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Well, WoD, you could just set up a series of challenges for us to compete to earn your love. ;)

Synoptikal
08-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Well, WoD, you could just set up a series of challenges for us to compete to earn your love. ;)

I've got a better idea.

Hunger Games.

Formalhaut
08-07-2013, 03:29 PM

I've got a better idea.

Hunger Games.

How would we simulate that in a forum environment. I think we should just do 'eenie meenie'.

Pumpkin
08-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Bahamut and Alexander already have newbies. Maybe it's Siren's turn now.

warrior of darkness
08-10-2013, 08:59 PM
I like the Hunger Games. My choice Archangel Ifrit unleashed.

Raine
08-12-2013, 08:50 PM
I've laughed already so much at this thread that I want to give myself free for adoption. I don't have preferences, just pick me if you feel like having enough time for telling and showing a newbie how everything works here. Just imagine me like this:

And yes...I want an unicorn!

Jinx
08-12-2013, 09:13 PM
I'll pick up Raine. We can talk about the new unicorn mount. I don't know about you, Raine, but I want fairies! :D

CimminyCricket
08-12-2013, 09:17 PM
If you want options I'm available for guardian forcing! :D

Formalhaut
08-12-2013, 09:19 PM
As much as we've had a great time talking how I don't play XIV and how I don't like triangle ears, I'm sure any of the Guardian Forces would be right up your alley!

I would take you as well, but I suspect the other GFs will start contemplating suicide over how many Newbies I have under my wing :p

warrior of darkness
08-13-2013, 10:32 PM
I chose my GF.

CimminyCricket
08-14-2013, 04:59 AM
I like the Hunger Games. My choice Archangel Ifrit unleashed.

My choice Archangel Ifrit unleashed.

Archangel Ifrit unleashed.
Ifrit​
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/Hagaisyourgod/9f0IEoE_zpsb94d9a6c.gif (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/Hagaisyourgod/media/9f0IEoE_zpsb94d9a6c.gif.html)

I'm so glad you picked me! I wasn't sure if you meant me or not (archangel threw me off). We are going to have such a great time!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/Hagaisyourgod/8oENVsA_zps2e8b9c2e.gif (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/Hagaisyourgod/media/8oENVsA_zps2e8b9c2e.gif.html)

It'll be the best time you've ever had! It's a little late right now and I have work tomorrow, but I cannot wait to start hanging out with you (via the internet)!

We shall talk soon!
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j4/Hagaisyourgod/fHfVx47_zps82ceb1ab.gif (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/Hagaisyourgod/media/fHfVx47_zps82ceb1ab.gif.html)

Lonely Paper Star
08-14-2013, 06:37 AM
Ahaha, this is a cute idea. :love:

Formalhaut
08-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Aww look at Cim. He's like a kid at Christmas.

Motdrafin
08-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Um..I'd like a Guardian Force. Is Bahamut open?

Goldenboko
08-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Why yes! I am! I will shoot you a message when I out of work! :)

Raine
08-15-2013, 06:11 PM
As TB was first, talking about unicorns (I didn't lookt at the new mounts yet...I'm scared...as much as I like unicorns..I don't think I want to see them as mounts) and Cim already got one..I want yoooouuuuu *points at you* (and first thing to do as guardian: you have to explain what is behind your name. Seriously.)

Jinx
08-15-2013, 06:20 PM
So is that a vote for Boobs? :D

Raine
08-15-2013, 06:21 PM
I want Boobs!

...I can't get banned for this, can I? xD

Jinx
08-15-2013, 06:23 PM
I want Boobs!

...I can't get banned for this, can I? xD

I haven't gotten banned yet for saying much, much worse. ;)

warrior of darkness
08-15-2013, 10:54 PM
In my Final Fantasy story Ifrit,Shiva,Ramuh,Odin, and Bahamut are archangels.

Shorty
08-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Aww, hell yeah!

warrior of darkness
08-16-2013, 04:14 AM
But the 4 demons of darkness defeated the archangels turning them into crystals while Bahamut was turn to stone.

Aelitalily
08-22-2013, 12:45 PM
I want one \o/ Erm... my first instinct is to ask if anyone has not had the chance to abduct, I mean adopt anyone yet?
My second instinct is to say DOOMTRAIN!!!! I 100% share your loves of everything you do too much, including the disney movies \o/ - Little Mermaid FTW~!

Aelitalily
08-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Oh and can I call you Dtrain? It reminds me of an old ffxi friend I used to have :3

Shauna
08-22-2013, 01:19 PM
FISTPUMP.

Would be happy to have you. When I'm not pretending to work, I'll send you a little PM. :3

Christmas
03-18-2023, 06:38 AM
The profiles need to be updated and purge those that have forsakened this site. :mad2:

I wanna adopt a GF! :bigsmile: