PDA

View Full Version : A word of warning about Advent Children

Spooniest
08-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Don't put it on and go to sleep. It reverts to the menu when it's done playing back. The menu music is "One Winged Angel."

I made this mistake, and ended up having a nightmare about killing someone pretty brutally.

:(

Sephiroth
08-04-2013, 07:12 PM
This music was my "lullaby" so often. I only had cool dreams about Final Fantasy when I had them.

Psychotic
08-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Who was the nightmare about? This is important.

Loony BoB
08-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Probably the guy who came up with the storyline for Advent Children.

Raistlin
08-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Don't put it on

Gotcha.

Spooniest
08-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Who was the nightmare about? This is important.

My older sister, who is the only one of my sisters to ever play Final Fantasy. I had assumed that association, as well as the association of the string part in "One Winged Angel" with the score for the Albert Hitchcock movie Psycho were the roots of the dream.

No Freudian analysis, please.

Floodblade1234
08-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Don't worry,I've done this before also! except it was with Vincent Valentines theme:The Nightmare Begins on repeat..dunno why I had it on repeat,damn Ipod..
I dreamed was infected with the Geostigma,and was dying slowly..

not really a dream,more a nightmare..fitting,huh?

DMKA
08-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Don't put it on

The Spice Girls are not amused.

leader of mortals
08-05-2013, 06:04 AM
If you have the ability to turn off your brain, Advent Children is okay. Kinda like Jackass, or most of Family Guy.

Flaming Ice
08-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Are you sure this was a nightmare?

Synoptikal
08-05-2013, 07:15 AM
A while back, this was my text tone.

3rV40ypje7o

And one night I forgot to turn my phone on Silent and got a text at 2 in the morning...

I crapped myself.

Spooniest
08-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Are you sure this was a nightmare?

Seeing as my sister is alive, and has a baby girl now nearing a year old, yes, I'm sure.

Gamblet
08-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Probably the guy who came up with the storyline for Advent Children.

I actually can't even remember what the storyline was. :lol:

Spooniest
08-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Just to be clear about it: I put the movie on and went to sleep.

It's a glorified action figure commercial, and anyone who says else is a :goomba:

Mercen-X
08-06-2013, 06:13 AM
I LOVE music-inspired nightmares. For me the usual nightmare means nothing to me. I usually fully take part in gruesome murder and mayhem in my dreams or just sit by apathetically like when I dreamt about people chopping off people's heads and keeping them in boiling pots of water/microwaves/ovens to "Keep them dead." For me, my only "nightmares" are the ones I have while napping during the day when I realize I'm asleep and constantly see myself where I last was when I started the nap and am constantly trying to wake up and each time I "wake up" it feels so real.

Spooniest
08-06-2013, 06:19 AM
For me, my only "nightmares" are the ones I have while napping during the day when I realize I'm asleep and constantly see myself where I last was when I started the nap and am constantly trying to wake up and each time I "wake up" it feels so real.

I've had those too, before. I think someone said it was sleep apnea.

noxious.sunshine
08-06-2013, 03:48 PM
I can't fall asleep with -any- noise at all besides the ceiling fan and air conditioner, so this will never happen. Falling asleep to a DVD and then wake up to hearing the menu music playing on repeat drives me absolutely bonkers.

Also, I don't have Advent Children on DVD, so there's that.

Polnareff
08-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Never thought Advent Children was so maligned around here.

The story is at least 20 times better than the actual game's story is. :jess: And it actually gave some of these characters a personality too.

Synoptikal
08-06-2013, 04:43 PM
The story is at least 20 times better than the actual game's story is. :jess: And it actually gave some of these characters a personality too.

Or in the case of Cloud, took whatever personality he had and threw it down the toilet!

yukina
08-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I actually enjoyed AC; then again, I thought it was kind of a fan service. I just sat back and basked in the glory of having these characters come to life on screen. The plot can wait. Also, Sephiroth's hair was too glorious to remain angry over the massacre of Cloud's personality. I thought the Cloud-Aerith scenes were pretty good though.
I used to sleep to OWA and never had nightmares at all. Then again, I'm used to sleeping with horror movies in the background. :))