PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOO! NARUTOOOO!

Mercen-X
08-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Questions about anime and animation-related shows of any age and popularity becoming adapted to film are rampant. An April Fools joke suggested Shia Lebeouf would play Naruto. First of all, though some feel about SL as my uncle felt about Leo DiCaprio for no apparent reason (I actually suspect he saw a lot of his own arrogant self in the actor), I feel that he would be better suited to play Rock Lee as long as he never yelled or laughed... or really said anything at all. Of course, if this is a straight Naruto adaptation and not the Shippuden, then he would be too old anyway.

There are a lot of mixed feelings toward the idea of an adaptation of any animated franchise much less Naruto some boasting that the idea of seeing a real human being portraying the character (cosplay notwithstanding!) is an unmatched experience although this can be ruined by a poor portrayal. Others claim that an adaptation would rely on outmoded effects to make the supernatural abilities look "cool" and complain that adaptations feel rushed particularly in casting.

What would be your reaction to real news of Naruto being adapted? Maybe they won't call it Naruto like they did with The Last Airbender. Maybe they'll call it The Jinchuriki... no that's too foreign. Ah hell! Maybe they'll call it "The Nine-Tails" or "Knucklehead Ninja". On an a half-related note, would you watch if the adaptation called the ninja "chakra-wielders" or something of the sort?
How would you feel if the adaptation only showed the Genin portion as like the first half-hour of the film and then went into Shippuden for the remainder?

maybee
08-05-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm sorry but Naruto is one of the worst animes and mangas ever and I'm sure if they did this they would find a way to make it all about Sasuke. :eep:

Mercen-X
08-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Hmm. What if they did..? What if they called it "Uchiha"? lol

Polnareff
08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Me and your uncle would get along great. I can't stand DiCaprio one bit.

Cloudane
08-05-2013, 10:12 PM
The nearest thing I've seen to IRL Sasuke is in Final Fantasy XIV and that's still not real...

Honestly can't think of anyone who could possibly lend themselves to this! I guess you could pop a black wig on David Platt out of Coronation Street, he's sinister enough and a miserable broody little fecker etc.