PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Customers

Hollycat
08-05-2013, 06:35 PM
So, I work in Real Estate and we manage a bunch of properties and have a lot of lease homes we take care of.
One of the tenants we have has decided that she wants to break her lease so that she and her boyfriend can move. She spent the better part of a week calling us every 30 minutes during operating hours until we had someone (me) drive the 60 miles out to the house to put a for lease sign up, and put the home on the market.
You will hardly ever lease a home to someone before they see it and so of course we had to schedule times to see the house. The tenant cancelled the first SIXTEEN showings and then called us to ask why no one was seeing the house.
We finally got her to approve some showings, which we schedule way ahead of time, and then when we finally drive out to the house to show it, she opens the door in her underpants.

We then have to wait an additional 30 minutes while she puts clothes on and her boyfriend leaves. Her reason for the underpants? She claims she didn't know we were coming. She confirmed the appointment by phone and email.

GRAAAAAAAA!

We're still having problems with her today when we ask her when she is going to pay the fee for breaking the lease, and suddenly it's like talking to a bunch of sailors over the phone. We hung up and tried calling her again a little later and she accused us of only trying to charge her a fee because she's black.

SHE SIGNED A SMURFING CONTRACT!

We tried to tell her that we aren't even the ones who get the fee, it goes to the owner. She tells us the fee is bulltrout because she doesn't want to pay it. We point out to her that it's in her contract, and if she had just waited the 3 extra months till the lease expires there wouldn't be a fee. She once again calls us racist bigots with out heads up our troutholes.

And that's how I ended up making a rant thread about awful customers.

What experiences have you had with terrible customers?

noxious.sunshine
08-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Try working in a restaurant.

At Logan's, I had these women come in during lunch and they each decided to order just plain hot water with lemon. Okay, fine. I take them coffee mugs with hot water and lemon. They complain about the coffee mugs being dirty (which.. No complaints from me.. They were kinda pretty old and coffee-stained even though they were clean).. So I take them -new- hot waters with lemon in our regular plastic soda glasses.. They're scorching hot 'cuz the water comes from the coffee maker and there's no way around it and at Logan's, there's -no- trays at all.

So then they order like some salmon or something. And they got all picky about their order with specific instructions, blah blah blah. Everything actually comes out correctly (I double checked it to be sure) and walked their food... And they just all went off the handle about none of it was right, none of it was even what they ordered (it was)... O. M. G. Thankfully my BFF was working and heard the entire thing as well as the people I was working with that day 'cuz my GM really believed that I'd seriously made a mistake when I didn't - they all set him straight. But the women still asked for a new server and like $35 worth of food got comped. Which isn't -terrible-, but they told my buddy that I needed to quit my job and find a different profession 'cuz I really sucked at what I do.

This one girl stood within earshot, though and was like, "Bitches must have spent their welfare money already. They love trying to do whatever they can for a free meal." It was pretty funny.

And then the classic customer who gets pissed when I ask for I.D. and they either don't have it or are underage. One woman was like 'I never get carded here, wtf?" and I calmly explained to her that I could lose my job if I -don't- and something happens and that I also have never served her before, so I don't know. And she said "Well walk away then bitch" .... I nearly flew across the table and punched her in the face. I said "Uhm. No. How about -you- walk away before your lips beat you to the hospital."

I can put up with a lot, but you wanna get stupid with me? GTFO.

Pumpkin
08-05-2013, 07:20 PM
I have lots of stories but one stands out.

I used to work at Tim Horton's (look it up) and I worked the morning shift from 6 am to 11 am (I usually had to go in earlier but that's another story).

So this woman would come in and she would want a sausage breakfast sandwich on English muffin with no egg and no cheese.. We had several sandwiches and one of them was a sausage on English muffin with cheese. No egg. And she didn't want egg so that's fine. So I would click on the "Sausage on English muffin, remove cheese". Makes sense right?

Not to this woman. She ALWAYS ordered the ham and egg (because it had no cheese unless you specified wanting cheese) and said to replace the ham with sausage and remove the egg. So it was much easier for me to just input sausage w/out cheese. It looked nicer for the guy making it, it was straightforward, but she wasn't happy with that.

She wanted me to input it EXACTLY the way she said. Meaning "Ham sandwich, remove the ham, remove the egg, add sausage." Which looked incredibly dumb on screen and had 2 red strike throughs on my cash log (which they haaated seeing and could get me in trouble) and came out to the EXACT SAME THING as just putting sausage, no cheese.

And I would input it my way because she was just being dumb and EVERY MORNING she would argue with me. Every single morning. And not once did we get her sandwich wrong. Not one time. But every single morning she would complain and argue that it should be put in HER way because that's what she wanted.

She was so pissy that one morning she came up to complain that her sandwich was crooked. As in the top English muffin was slightly to the right. Uhhh so move it? It's not like it's stuck there lady, you order it without cheese so there's no cheese making it stick, remember?

Shorty
08-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Haaaa. I also work in real estate, HC (kindof; as an assistant). People are the worst. Today I got a message from my boss to call a woman back who was interested in our properties and she was flabbergasted that we aren't open on weekends. Her exact words were, "It seems like brokers here just sleep through the weekends. Our brokers in Scottsdale jump whenever we need them."

First of all, fuck Scottsdale. Second of all, what are the weekends for if you can't sleep through them? Stupid cow. I have too many other horror stories that I don't care to recount.

Jinx
08-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I had a customer once tell me there was too much green in her salad.

Yeah, I

Two years later, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

noxious.sunshine
08-05-2013, 07:31 PM
That's like when fools order a Well Done Steak and then complain that it's too dry or they didn't like what they ordered...... After they've eaten their entire meal.

Sor-ry! Once you've eaten 50%+ of your meal, ain't nothin' I can do about it.

Shauna
08-05-2013, 09:09 PM
I work as a debt collector. Horrible customers is 90% of my job.

rubah
08-06-2013, 03:54 AM
Ever have a customer that threatened to blow up Japan because he was unhappy with your games?

Scotty_ffgamer
08-06-2013, 04:22 AM
I have been told I am the reason for everything wrong in this world by a customer before.

Flaming Ice
08-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Someone ordered a ceasar wrap with ketchup in it.......... that's pretty horrible.

Rye
08-06-2013, 04:25 AM
I write for a handful of crazy and disgruntled small business owners. Although many of my clients are pretty chill and only request edits for factual errors, I've had clients insist on incorrect grammar or.... sentences like.... these..... with a lot of dramatic ellipses....... or Articles that have each Noun in every Sentence capitalized.

Their reason?

"I used to be a writer, so..."

~*~Celes~*~
08-06-2013, 05:42 AM
I have a few stories, so i will tell you two of my favorites.

1. a regular customer who comes in with his wife. He LOOKS like a stereotypical redneck, he talks like one, he SMELLS like one. Well, they walked up after we were closed, so when he asked for something, I said "I'm sorry but we're closed." He insisted, so I said "hold on, I have to see if we have it." so I checked the cooler, he could see inside of it himself from where he was standing, and we didn't have any of it. He told me i was a lazy ass and that I just didn't want to see if it was in there and I just didn't want to wait on him because I was closed.

2. More recently, I had mashed potatoes on sale. Well, I had just sold my last 2 lbs of them because someone was having a picnic and bought it all up. However, I had plenty of food besides that in my hot case, everything else was full. I had more potatoes cooking but I had just put it in the oven. This lady walks up and wants a 2 piece chicken dinner with mashed potatoes as her side. First of all, she can see I don't have any. Secondly, when I explain to her I don't have any right now, she acts surprised. Third, when I tell her it will be 45 minutes before it will be done, she sighs and says "i really wanted those mashed potatoes. but i guess i will take potato wedges." So i gave her the wedges.

Next thing I know, a lady from another department informs the manager that I'm waiting on, that there is a customer complaint about the deli. Next time I see her i asked her what the complaint was. "Oh, a customer said your hot case was empty, but it looked full to me, so I just ignored it."

It was that damn lady that wanted the mashed potatoes :|

Iceglow
08-06-2013, 06:09 AM
I recently got an email, no account associated with the email address, no accounts associated with the name on the email address. The content of the email? 'Stop being such scammy bastards! Pull your heads from your asses and fuck off and die! You scum sucking parasites!' now I've taken the cruise control of caps lock off for typing it here, I've also corrected the spelling. Needless to say the idiot got a laugh from me and no response at all. If he had it would only have been to identify his account and troll him with DPA questions.

noxious.sunshine
08-06-2013, 03:32 PM
O man. When I worked at Wal-Mart... I was pregnant, right. And so, my managers were -super- strict about me not picking up heavy objects - which means I wasn't allowed to stock, or pick up bed in a bag sets or anything else besides go grab crap from customer service to put back, zone my area, or sometimes help push stuff down the line on the unloading trucks. oh. And cut fabric. I worked in domestics (bedding, bath, curtains, that stuff)....

I've just cleaned up eleventy billion rugs that someone had laid out all over the floor in the rug aisle and nearly lost my head at this woman, only to go back towards bedding to find an old lady with an elevated queen-sized air mattress on the floor, opening it up. I'm like 7 months pregnant and exhausted. I asked her to please not open that. She goes "I'm seeing what it looks like and how big it is..." .. This guy I was friends with was standing close by listening and I said "...... There's a -picture- on the box along with the measurements. Have you neves seen a queen sized mattress before in your life!? It's against store policy to open items in the store if they're not paid for, ma'am. Also, I'm about to have a baby like right now, I cannot lift this and you're making me have contractions." (totally bsed the last part). And then she said "Well I worked throughout my entire pregnancy." and I was like "...... Lady... I work 60 - 70 hours a week between 2 jobs." then she tells me I can get a manager to help me.

..... Yeah ok. 'Cuz you can always find a manager when you need one. And then she said "They need new people working back here." and I said "No. We don't. We just need new customers."... Dude died laughing at me, but then he came over and was all "Lady. I'm not delivering no damn baby in Wal-Mart. I'll pick it up for you." and I was like "Rudy. You -will- deliver this baby and you'll like it whether you like it or not."

Funny thing though. She ran into me a little while later and apologized.

Rebellious Eagle
08-06-2013, 04:09 PM
A lady came in to my movie theatre last week and she reeked of vodka and had a cup that was no doubt full of vodka too. She got upset that I couldn't tell her which movie had Catherine Zeta Jones in it. I was working as the concessionist anyway, not as the box office person...

I've also had a husband with his prissy stupid trophy wife order a medium drink filled with only ice. They got mad that I told them it would cost them money since the cups are inventory, and not because they didn't know it would cost money but because they "already knew that". Okay. So they're just stupid, whatever. Then they ordered chicken that I had to cook up for them...and they never came back to get it even though they paid.

Denmark
08-06-2013, 04:16 PM
these stories combined with my inherent dislike of people in general are why I will never work with customers ever (again, though the one customer service job I had was really not that bad customer-wise)

DMKA
08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
"Have you neves seen a queen sized mattress before in your life!? It's against store policy to open items in the store if they're not paid for, ma'am. Also, I'm about to have a baby like right now, I cannot lift this and you're making me have contractions." (totally bsed the last part). And then she said "Well I worked throughout my entire pregnancy." and I was like "...... Lady... I work 60 - 70 hours a week between 2 jobs." then she tells me I can get a manager to help me.

..... Yeah ok. 'Cuz you can always find a manager when you need one. And then she said "They need new people working back here." and I said "No. We don't. We just need new customers."... Dude died laughing at me, but then he came over and was all "Lady. I'm not delivering no damn baby in Wal-Mart. I'll pick it up for you." and I was like "Rudy. You -will- deliver this baby and you'll like it whether you like it or not."
Jesus. Now I know why Walmart's "customer service" is so poor. :p

noxious.sunshine
08-06-2013, 05:10 PM
lmao SHOOSH! You are not allowed to open things before you've actually paid for them! Do you know how infuriating it is to come back from your mandatory lunch break to find people pulling curtains out of their packages and hanging them up on the fancy curtain rods across the thingies in the curtain aisle? HUH!? DO YOU!? This ain't no damn Martha Stewart Living! :love:

Also, crappy customer service is actually up -in- customer service. In the front. Them bitches are -bitches-. I was more than happy to help people when they needed it, it's just... when they open things. Then I'd go insane. Also, the Wal-Mart I worked at was smack in the ghetto.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-06-2013, 05:34 PM
When I used to work for QT there was a cop, undercover/plain clothes but I knew he was a cop because he showed his badge to get free coffee, who used to steal food. Yyyuuup. You really can't be bothered to pay the buck fifty for a taquito? You already get free drinks!

At the time I worked night shift, and he'd come in around 3-6 in the morning usually. Typically the scenario was I would have just cleaned the grills within the past two hours, and put fresh food on them. The "still cooking signs" were up in some cases, other times they were down because the food was done cooking.

The grills were behind the check stand, so you can't see them from a majority of the store. The first time I walked around the corner and he was there eating something. He saw me and said, "Yuck. These aren't done yet." I apologized, checked temp, found it to be good, and shrugged. I figured he got a bad one.

I had this situation occur about 3 times before it finally clicked. I naively just never thought about a cop stealing. Anyway, I went into one of the coolers when he was the only one in the store and watched him through the glass from behind the some of the 20 oz drinks. (The coolers are so awesome for spying on d-bags.)

I watched him eat 3 taquitos, and strolled out of the cooler carrying some empty boxes to make it look like I had been stocking shelves. He dropped the fourth one into the trash, and said....."Yuck. It wasn't ready yet."

I politely asked if the other 3 had been cooked to his preference and he paused. He then stated he only tried the one, and I had to point out the convenient hole in the grill where 4 taquitos had obviously gone missing. I explained how I could check my sales log to show that I hadn't sold any taquitos in several hours, and that he was the first person in the store since I'd cleaned and stocked the grills (It was a slow night).

I explained how I'd noticed what he had been doing for a while, and was waiting for the chance to absolutely be certain. I also knew several other police who had politely left me their cell numbers to call directly incase I ever had a store emergency. I said it would be no problem to call them. He paid for them and never came back.

I talked to the other cops anyway, and from what I heard he was let go after being caught doing some other shady stuff elsewhere.

Aulayna
08-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Well working at a major gaming company providing customer support for gamers certainly has it's... moments. I'll say no more though! :p

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Luckily I work in a kitchen so I don't have to deal with people. Though last night apparently this table complained that their steak was overcooked (barely overcooked) and their pasta was cold (which it wasn't, I know since I was the one who made it and my boss, the chef, said it wasn't). Then they had the gall to curse at the chef/owner about him having the balls to server such food. Yeah, cursing at the owner isn't a bright idea. He kicked them out. lol.

My favourite are people who modify their food (not an allergy warning but a legit modify) to remove something that isn't actually in the dish. Oh you want that with no cheese? IT DOESN'T COME WITH CHEESE! Then again, in such cases the server should know better...

leader of mortals
08-06-2013, 06:29 PM
I work at McDonalds, but I rarely work in service, that is, with the customers. I normally cook the meat or assemble the sandwiches, so I've never had to personally deal with the woman we call curler-lady(She always comes in with curlers in her hair). She will always ask for things in a very specific, confusing, weird way, such as a McDouble with every condiment on the side, as well as shredded lettuce, but, that alone is fine, it happens sometimes. What isn't alright is that she's incredibly impatient with people who don't immediately understand what she wants, and she is also incredibly racist, once saying "There is this n-word that used to work here that I don't see anymore. I guess the n-word got fired."

Other than that, just generally rude customers are pretty common.

Miriel
08-06-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm dealing with a horrible client right now.

Let's just say that I did something extra nice for them, at no extra cost, and instead of being all, "Wow! Thank you!" they are being all, "How dare you not give us MORE for free????"

And it's hurting my heart and making me want to drink alcohol, even though I don't even really like drinking alcohol. Siiiigh.

No good deed, am I right?

noxious.sunshine
08-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm dealing with a horrible client right now.

Let's just say that I did something extra nice for them, at no extra cost, and instead of being all, "Wow! Thank you!" they are being all, "How dare you not give us MORE for free????"

And it's hurting my heart and making me want to drink alcohol, even though I don't even really like drinking alcohol. Siiiigh.

No good deed, am I right?

.......... Gooooeeesssss Unpuuuunnnniiiiiisssshhhhheeeeeddd!

Spooniest
08-06-2013, 07:22 PM
I'd like to break up the monotony by telling the single most impressive customer service story I have ever experienced, and I was the customer.

When I went to college, finally being able to surf the internet was a big change for me. As well, I had a cell phone for the first time in my life. Being really naive and obsessed with gaming, I found a number for Konami's USA office. :)

So I called them up! I said, very politely, "When are you guys gonna bring Rondo of Blood over here?"

The guy explained to me that he and the office I had phoned had absolutely nothing to do with and no control over Konami Japan's release decisions. I thanked him for his time, and that was that.

Little more than a year later? Yeah, Dracula X Chronicles.

But in keeping with the spirit of this thread, I remember when I worked for the Kroger Fuel Center. I was much younger and skinnier then, and had very long hair (I was at the height of my rock and roll trip).

One morning, I was walking back from the free-standing restroom facility at the edge of the Fuel Center's lot. I noticed an SUV parked at one of the pumps (the only car there), and heard someone cursing a blue streak, apparently trying to get the pump to dispense gas. I mean, this guy wasn't just cussing, he was enraged. If he were a singer, he'd have been showing complete disregard for his larynx.

I immediately went into service mode, saying to myself, "I'll get the pump working for him, and that'll be that, another happy customer."

Then I drew closer, and he came into view. He was overweight, with hair longer than mine, a full beard, a Hawaiian shirt that was not buttoned at all, what looked like boxer shorts, and flip-flops. In public.

I switched gears. What at first had seemed to me like a simple customer service job now seemed more like the prelude to what would eventually become me having to file assault charges. So, I decided to keep walking back to the booth, and handle it from inside the bullet-proof glass.

Before my walking direction had given any indication of where I was going, the guy noticed me, and intoned in one of the most demonic-sounding voices I have ever heard, "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT, BUTT FUCKER!!"

I said nothing, calmly returned to my booth, locked the door, and the guy peeled out of there like Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Nothing in my entire history of customer service could compare.

Pumpkin
08-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Oh I have another story.

This one was a customer being a jerk to me because I was doing something nice for him.

I interned at a car dealership and this 18 year old guy came in and wanted to buy a car. He couldn't just afford the car though, so he would need a loan. He wanted me to submit a request for a loan from the bank to help him pay for the car so he could pay for it in like $200ish payments.

Thing is, he had no credit, and he had a minimum wage job that he'd only been working for 3 months. I knew for 100% fact that he wasn't going to get the loan. And if he were to apply for the loan and get rejected, his no credit would be turned into a bad credit. And bad credit is worse than no credit.

I tried to explain this to him and I told him I wasn't going to send in a loan application. I told him he can try to get one himself if he wants one so badly, but he's going to need to A) work at his current job for *at least* 6 months, the longer the better and B) build up some credit. He took a fit at me and kept telling me to submit the application. I told him to do it himself because I wouldn't be responsible for ruining his credit. Which is EXACTLY what it would have done. I was trying to do the guy a favor. I told him to check ads for cars that are cheaper than dealership costs and buy himself one of those until he can save up and get one from us, because there was no way the loan would go through and all it would do was ruin his credit. And then he would still have no car.

He was pretty upset with me.

Pike
08-06-2013, 10:00 PM
After ten years in retail I have decided that all customers suck. All of them. If you are reading this and you have ever gone into a store to buy something than you suck too. (And so do I because I buy things too.)

I now work before the store opens specifically to avoid the little fuckers.

If I had to pick an absolute worst it would probably be the "extreme couponers". I would sacrifice every last pure virgin in the country to remove couponers from the world for the rest of eternity.

Shorty
08-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Precisely why I buy most of what I can online :jess:

NorthernChaosGod
08-07-2013, 09:08 PM
After ten years in retail I have decided that all customers suck. All of them. If you are reading this and you have ever gone into a store to buy something than you suck too. (And so do I because I buy things too.)

I'm an excellent customer. :colbert:

Mirage
08-07-2013, 10:43 PM

I now work before the store opens specifically to avoid the little smurfers.

If I had to pick an absolute worst it would probably be the "extreme couponers". I would sacrifice every last pure virgin in the country to remove couponers from the world for the rest of eternity.

But I always say "thank you" and smile after buying stuff!

Also the last time I was in a games store I had a 15 minute long conversation about AC4 which I initiated and he had a great time talking to me and I made sure to do it while there weren't a lot of other people in the store so I am a great motherfucking customer.

fire_of_avalon
08-08-2013, 03:24 AM
Pike knows. And it isn't your little TrapperKeeper zipup binder full of baseball card protectors with alphabetized coupons. It isn't the fact that you lay them out in front of cashiers or shove them in their face before they're even done checking out.

It's the complete and utter insanity you fall into when one of your quarter coupons isn't accepted. "THE ITEM IS ON SALE AND THAT COUPON IS A QUARTER OFF BUT YOU ARE TRIPLING IT WITH THE REWARDS CARD TODAY SO IT IS ACTUALLY SEVENTY FIVE CENTS OFF AND I HAVE TO HAVE SEVENTY FIVE CENTS OFF." Bitch it ain't ringing up, get off my pseudo-nuts.

qwertysaur
08-09-2013, 09:10 AM
I work as a personal shopper, buying groceries that people order online. For some customers who don't have an internet connection or don't know how to use a computer, we take their orders over the phone instead. We have a customer who does this but she can't hear anything, so I have to shout into the phone several times to say anything to her. It's very awkward. :shobon: