PDA

View Full Version : Ibb & Obb (a.k.a. the return of couch-co-op)

Pete for President
08-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Get a couch. Get a friend. Ibb & Obb is a new 2D couch-co-op puzzle platformer out on PSN this week in the USA, next week in Europe.

The developer is based in Rotterdam and I visited their studio a couple times during this games' development. Amazing to see how much time and effort goes into even a small game like this, from first tests to alpha. Nice dudes too.

Here's a review: Ibb & Obb Review - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/07/ibb-and-obb-review)

I'm really interested to see their final product, but I'm away from my PS3 so I can't get it (yet) :cry:

Who else is interested?

Loony BoB
08-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Any good couch co-op is music to my ears, because I don't think developers appreciate how neccessary these are for gamer couples.

Vyk
08-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Agreed with BoB. Though wishing more serious developers would take the concept a bit more seriously. There's plenty of friendly relaxing co-op games, and puzzle games and stuff. But you'll never see it in something like Assassin's Creed or anything. We still have Rayman Origins and Castle Crashers though. I'll give this one a peek

Pete for President
08-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Any good couch co-op is music to my ears, because I don't think developers appreciate how neccessary these are for gamer couples.

Very true.

For that reason I see a pattern between gamer couples and the LEGO games.